Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Identifying Minifigs on Brick Owl

dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 765
Brickset and Bricklink both use the same naming convention (eg star wars figs are usually swxxx etc) but Brick Owl seems to use their own arbitrary numbering system. Is there any easy way to cross reference minifigs from Brickset/Bricklink to Brick Owl?

Comments

• elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Search for the set they appear in on BO is what I do.
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 765
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but for anything more than a couple of minifigs it can become quite time consuming.  There must be an easier way?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,026
    If I remember correctly, BL threatened BO when they started, as although BL don't own the copyright to the LEGO minifigs, they do own the naming convention. That is why they have to use a different minifig naming scheme. Obviously LEGO own the part numbers so there is no problem with those, but they have no official equivalent for minifigs.