Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Shipping Lego

Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 490
I'm just wondering does anyone have a good rule of thumb for determining weight when you're selling figures? I always try to estimate high but I get the impression that I am massively overestimating how much a handful of figures weighs.

Comments

• natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Minifig weights are listed on Bricklink on their individual catalog page.  I've never verified if they're right, but I've used the weights for sets I've sent out and never had something returned.
    Jackad7kiki180703
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 490
    natro220 said:
    Minifig weights are listed on Bricklink on their individual catalog page.  I've never verified if they're right, but I've used the weights for sets I've sent out and never had something returned.
    Oops. Never noticed that, I usually sell on ebay never thought to check bricklink for weights. Thanks!
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,911
    BrickLink weights are very useful, if it's wrong or not there I'm glad to submit a catalog update request.
    CMF complete set weights include that of the foil bag and insert.
    I have a digital scale sensitive to a tenth of a gram, and it's very useful for AFOL business
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    Scales are obviously useful!

If you do need to estimate, most regular minifigures are 4-6 grams depending on what headgear or other items they have. So a conservative estimate is that 5 weigh 1 ounce, which allows for plastic bags too.
    Jackad7KingAlanIkiki180703
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 152
    Hi, does anybody have tips on how to ship Star Wars constraction sets (Kylo Ren, Darth Vader, etc.), including the box?
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 57
    I always count with 6 grams per figure for buying and selling. Some weeks ago I got my hand on "approx. 500 gram" Figures. In there had been nearly 600 gram Ninjago Figures with Extra pieces! A great deal for 106 new minifigs.