Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

paradisia: Hiya all!!!

paradisiaparadisia UKMember Posts: 15
edited January 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hi all
I'm new too, however I have been reading the forum for the past couple of weeks and have found what I've read really interesting. I played with Lego as a kid in the early 90s and had majority of the Pirate sets (and really wish I'd kept my 'dark shark' pirate ship), but alas time moved on. As an adult I have been a collector of various diecast/plastic models of vehicles and fairly recently my interest in Lego began again, first with buying some of the City vehicles and then the recent modular buildings displaying them in a small City build. I hope to make a larger city layout hence my main interest is the Lego city and modular series. Anyway thanks for reading and a big hello from the UK :)

Comments

• collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    Hey! Welcome to the forum. I'm also in the UK and my main build is a city layout. Hope you enjoy.
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Welcome to the party! I'm relatively new also. Your name - does it portray an interest in that old girl-friendly LEGO set?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Welcome, paradisia ! I'm in the UK too (note to self: must add myself to the Brickset map). I had some pirates and Paradisa Lego back in the late 80s/early 90s too - though I didn't have anything huge, I'm glad I've managed to hold on to my sets.

I love the modulars too, though I can't afford to track down the discontinued ones :( I've got Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade so far, so need to pick up Pet shop and rumour has it next years mod will be a town hall, which could be great.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it on here ! See you around ;-)
  • aplbomr79aplbomr79 Member Posts: 159
    Welcome Paridisia... from across the pond. I have found the Mod series are great - but too rich for me (my gun collection and hunting take most of my time) - so my LEGO funds are a bit limited... I came out of my 'dark age' a little too late to start collecting the last set of Pirates, but have been active in collecting the most recent Castle and City lines. This is a great forum for us newbies and the avid collectors.

But anyways, welcome!
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Welcome to Brickset @paradisia :) I am based in Pakistan and am a Lego City collector and am working on my own town plan as well. I have the Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade and a bit closer to grabbing a Pet shop soon enough. @LostInTranslation, thank for the info on Town Hall :)

I hope you enjoy it here Paradisia. Cya around :)