Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

paradisia: Hiya all!!!

paradisiaparadisia UKMember Posts: 15
edited January 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hi all
I'm new too, however I have been reading the forum for the past couple of weeks and have found what I've read really interesting. I played with Lego as a kid in the early 90s and had majority of the Pirate sets (and really wish I'd kept my 'dark shark' pirate ship), but alas time moved on. As an adult I have been a collector of various diecast/plastic models of vehicles and fairly recently my interest in Lego began again, first with buying some of the City vehicles and then the recent modular buildings displaying them in a small City build. I hope to make a larger city layout hence my main interest is the Lego city and modular series. Anyway thanks for reading and a big hello from the UK :)

Comments

• collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    Hey! Welcome to the forum. I'm also in the UK and my main build is a city layout. Hope you enjoy.
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Welcome to the party! I'm relatively new also. Your name - does it portray an interest in that old girl-friendly LEGO set?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,490
    Welcome, paradisia ! I'm in the UK too (note to self: must add myself to the Brickset map). I had some pirates and Paradisa Lego back in the late 80s/early 90s too - though I didn't have anything huge, I'm glad I've managed to hold on to my sets.

I love the modulars too, though I can't afford to track down the discontinued ones :( I've got Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade so far, so need to pick up Pet shop and rumour has it next years mod will be a town hall, which could be great.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it on here ! See you around ;-)
  • aplbomr79aplbomr79 Member Posts: 159
    Welcome Paridisia... from across the pond. I have found the Mod series are great - but too rich for me (my gun collection and hunting take most of my time) - so my LEGO funds are a bit limited... I came out of my 'dark age' a little too late to start collecting the last set of Pirates, but have been active in collecting the most recent Castle and City lines. This is a great forum for us newbies and the avid collectors.

But anyways, welcome!
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Welcome to Brickset @paradisia :) I am based in Pakistan and am a Lego City collector and am working on my own town plan as well. I have the Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade and a bit closer to grabbing a Pet shop soon enough. @LostInTranslation, thank for the info on Town Hall :)

I hope you enjoy it here Paradisia. Cya around :)