Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Question about student project

ZerxiusZerxius DenmarkMember Posts: 1
Hello everyone.

My name is Rasmus Jensen and I´m a PTI student from Denmark with interest in LEGO.
We are currently working on a project about the company FirestarToys, where we are working on the concept of an application, where it would be possible to shop/trade with the company and other collectors, scan QR codes for VR collection of LEGO figures, and a forum for collectors.

My question for you is, Would it be an application you, as a collector, would use? If you would Why? and why not?

Thank you for your assistance. 

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    No. There are enough ways of keeping track of minifigures already.
    Zerxius
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,461
    edited October 2017
    If your website includes a function to take a picture of a minifigure and match it to an existing figure in a database, I'd use it. If I could upload a picture of parts of a figure, like the head, torso, or legs, and get a match, I'd use that. Without such functions, you'd have to come up with an improvement over Brickset - and that is a high bar to reach.
    Zerxius
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    I'd suggest if you were looking into apps you'd use an API for Brickset to allow the import/export of data (such as how MyBrickset does it)