Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Best Themes for Civilian Figs

Hi,
I have been wanting to make a superhero MOC and need some normal, non-superhero figures, however they cant all be the same and need to be flesh-toned) What sets/Themes would be good for this?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category!)

Comments

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,144
    I would think City or maybe even the Winter Village themes would have lots of regular folks in them.
  • HarrymattpotterHarrymattpotter UKMember Posts: 46
    ^Problem is, they need to be flesh-toned not yellow.
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,054
    Head removal from spare minifigs in the Superhero sets?
  • HarrymattpotterHarrymattpotter UKMember Posts: 46
    Yeah, that's something i was worried about. Might need to bricklink pieces and customize, rather than just purchase sets, part them out and work from there
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    Star Wars has a decent selection of flesh toned heads that are fairly generic.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,478
    As only licensed sets have flesh tones bricklink will be your best option.
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,054
    You'll also want to make sure the hands match
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Jurassic World had a pretty good selection of "regular" flesh toned minifigs and they aren't expensive on Bricklink, $1.50-$6.00 per fig.  I would pick and choose from several past themes, Scooby Doo, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones.  You can always use the heads/hands and switch them out with City torsos/legs.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    By regular I meant non-super powered....
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,352
    Plus Big Bang Theory and Dr. Who.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 755
    Friends. :P
    CaptainRogersAanchirmak013777ncaachamps
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 416
    Try taking a look at the bricks and pieces site, they might have a good selection of heads, if you have the bodies to with them.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,048
    CMF for torsos, then heads and hands from spare licensed figs.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,952
    edited October 2017
    The German dfb minifigs have a ton of nice flesh heads and hands in all the various skin tones. Nice variety of hair pieces too.
    dmcc0Jennisid3windr77ncaachamps
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 835
    I would say fun in the park for the bodies/clothing and some of the star wars battle packs for the heads.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    ^But not a battle pack with all Stormtroopers since they all seem to have the same head!
    haahaa...yea...I was thinking one of the resistance trooper packs.  ummm...seems like the empire is more open to racial diversity having black officers while all the resistance soldiers in these battle packs are white.
    77ncaachamps

nevermind...each side has has one black representative.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 585
    From prince of persia, lord of the rings/the hobbit and other licensed themes. You can also purchase the dfb german football players and use their heads, hair and arms! 
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    Can't believe that this thread is the one to make me realise that skin tones are divided between licensed/non-licensed themes. I've been buying this stuff for YEARS!
    sid3windr
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,422
    ^ It's pretty much "skin tone if it's a real person" since a while ;)