Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Old LEGO Bags

PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 505
Does anyone know why LEGO stopped using the old LEGO bags that had holes in them?  These are the bags I grew up with and I like the feel of them better than the ones they use now.

catwranglerTechnek

Comments

• CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 432
    Probably easier to print on the new plastic they use for bag numbers and such. I don't remember did the larger Lego sets come in numbered bags at all? Or is that a new thing in the last 10-15 years? When I got back into it I was surprised by the numbered bags.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    They still use them for smaller bags for smaller parts. It may be because smaller bags are more likely to choke than bigger bags.
    Mr_Crosscatwrangler
  • TechnekTechnek Brisbane, Australia Member Posts: 2
    They are used to package the rims in the Speed Champion sets, Im suprised that I was given two sets of bags each in 4 sets, Seems to be a common error on TLG end with the quantity of bags.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,714
    I saw one like this in the Blacksmith Attack set from the Castle theme from a couple years ago. It was used to package the set of mini-weapons.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    Ahhhh, I miss these, but I can see why they'd switch to the other kind for bags that need to be printed on. Haven't run across any of the smaller ones with holes, though - just small, hole-less bags...
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 505
    @Charmiefcb I think it's a new thing started like 8-10 years ago.  I was surprised by them too.

I see, so because of the numbering system they have to use solid clear bags.  That makes sense they use these for some small bags @CCC, but I wonder why some small ones are still solid clear.

Anyways, I like the feel of these better.  They feel more gritty.  I've never seen these types of bags used by other companies, so when I would open up a set with them they would immediately spark emotions associated with LEGO.  As a dumb kid I used to imagine the LEGOs were using them to breathe.  The only complaint I had about them was some pieces like antennas would sometimes stick out of them and get damaged.
    catwranglersid3windr
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,072
    Technek said:
    They are used to package the rims in the Speed Champion sets, Im suprised that I was given two sets of bags each in 4 sets, Seems to be a common error on TLG end with the quantity of bags.
    Umm...are talking about the rims?  If you are, I think they include two different sets of rims to "customize" the cars.
    Technek
  • TechnekTechnek Brisbane, Australia Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    Technek said:
    Umm...are talking about the rims?  If you are, I think they include two different sets of rims to "customize" the cars.
    I meant that I was given 2 bags in one box. I brought most of the 2016-17 sets from my local toystore not from Lego Shop @ Home.
    ReesesPieces
  • vaoinasvaoinas EstoniaMember Posts: 13
    I miss those perforated bags too and was really surprised when I found few of these small ones in my new 21310 "Old Fishing Store"
    catwranglerPapaBear
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,894
    vaoinas said:
    I miss those perforated bags too and was really surprised when I found few of these small ones in my new 21310 "Old Fishing Store"
    I just ordered that set and it's ridiculous how delighted I am at this news!
    PapaBear