Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

NYCC 2017

JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,723
    SO AWESOME! I want! Too bad it's Comic Con, though. :(
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Boba’s blaster doesn’t look correct 
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 627
    I must say I love the idea of Han being in carbonite. Really creative idea for a brickhead! The detail on boba has also been captured very well! Bummer it's NYCC.
    LegogramFowlerBricks
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Now I'm sad, because I saw the Boba Fett a few days ago and thought it would be an on shelf item.
    I may have a couple extras of these from the show. Send me a message next Monday if you guys are interested 
    FowlerBricksgmonkey76Brikkyy13Crzypengu
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,754
    I have to say i really don't like or get these Brickheads. Not bought a single one. But this one looks cooooool.
    LEGO_Dad77yys4u
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Frustrating that one of the most iconic and popular characters from SW will be a Comic-Con exclusive. Shame I'll miss out on this. 
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    TLG had one chance to finally get me to buy one of these monstrosities and potentially make additional purchases.
      I would have DEFINITELY bought a Mr Fett and it MAY have encouraged me to collect further releases ( the other SW bounty hunters) and potentially new SW releases.
      They've lost me here as a convert to Brickheadz and I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one...
      Dumb move TLG, dumb move.
    LEGO_Dad77Mr_Crossyys4u
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,368
    Looks cool. Hope we get a normal Han in May
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,723
    Boba’s blaster doesn’t look correct 
    It doesn't have the stock because of the shortness of his arm.
    JBricks27
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    Seems like the perfect item to throw at people with the black VIP card... just saying.
    gmonkey76M_BossBrikkyy13bluedragonMynattMr_CrossWatfordScottyMCrzypengu
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 628
    How is it that the best BrickHeadz made so far and the only ones I'd be interested to get (Spider-Man/Venom and Boba Fett/Carbonite Han) are both Comic Con exclusives?!?!
    FowlerBricksM_BossLEGO_Dad77Mr_Cross
  • Brikkyy13Brikkyy13 AustraliaMember Posts: 20
    Literally 1/3rd of all brickheadz have been comicon exclusives, with half of those being ones that people on the fence about the theme would actually buy if it were in stores. That's utterly ridiculous. 
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAWookie2CM4SSirBrickalotOfLegoAyliffeMr_Cross
  • bluedragonbluedragon PortugalMember Posts: 506
    @MugenPower you have a very exclusive taste!
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    If anyone attending scores an extra & wants to throw it my way, I won't say no.
    xiahna
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 987
    Brikkyy13 said:
    Literally 1/3rd of all brickheadz have been comicon exclusives, with half of those being ones that people on the fence about the theme would actually buy if it were in stores. That's utterly ridiculous. 
    People would be complaining just as much if the exclusives were minifigures instead. Or if they went to these cons only to find that Lego didn't have any exclusives. You can't please everyone.
    Aanchirstlux
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,989
    edited October 2017
    Lyichir said:
    Brikkyy13 said:
    People would be complaining just as much if the exclusives were minifigures instead. Or if they went to these cons only to find that Lego didn't have any exclusives. You can't please everyone.
    Agreed. Three years ago when LEGO had the Bionicle-themed booth and exclusive mask at NYCC I remember people here on Brickset complaining about how disappointed they were and how much more impressive other companies' booths and exclusives were.

And that bit about other companies' exclusives is something to consider here. If Comic-Con exclusives really had a chilling effect on sales for retail products then we wouldn't see companies like, say, Funko continuing to release them. I know a lot of people think the Funko Pop craze is nonsense, but nevertheless that product line seems to command persistent interest from both casual and devoted collectors — even though they routinely release exclusives, and far more of them than LEGO does (they've announced over 50 exclusive Pops for NYCC 2017 alone).

Anyway, aside from the exclusives, I wonder what kind of new product reveals we might see at NYCC. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of next year's LEGO Ninjago Movie and LEGO Batman Movie products on display there. I'm curious if any new product lines will be announced like at NYCC 2014 and 2015 — though unlike those years, the Star Wars themed exclusive makes me pretty confident LEGO won't devote their entire booth to a brand-new theme.
    stlux
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 628
    @MugenPower you have a very exclusive taste!

I like what I like.  ;)

It's just a shame that the sets I specifically mentioned contain VERY popular characters that would very likely do well if it were part of the regular product line.  Yes, people will complain about exclusives regardless, whether it's lack of availability and/or exclusivity.  However, many other vendors/manufacturers end up selling the Con exclusives afterwards or limit them to niche color variants of a standard product, meaning you can at least get something very similar fairly easily.  In LEGO's case, it's neither of those options, which makes it sting even more.

Marcos looks so worried haha 
    Oh hey the Kylo Ren BrickHead is there. If someone can go get a picture of the back of the box you’ll see Rey. 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,006
    Are the mystery outlines the next series of Brickheadz?
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,395
    edited October 2017
    Yep. Justice League, Star Wars and Avengers (Edit: or is it generic Marvel?)
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    edited October 2017

January, 2018:

Justice League
    - 21 - The Flash
    - 22 - Wonder Woman
    - 23 - Aquaman
    - 24 - Cyborg

Star Wars
    - 25 - {Rey}
    - 26 - Kylo Ren

April, 2018:

Star Wars
    - 39 - Han Solo
    - 40 - {Chewbacca}

Avengers: Infinity War
    - 35 - {?}
    - 36 - {?}
    - 37 - Star-Lord
    - 38 - Gamora

CM4S
    Sounds about right to me. Big arm should be Thanos and then Iron man 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,006
    Nice! I didn't grab all of the first series (didn't want to go completely down the rabbit hole on this one). Will definitely grab all the Star Wars ones though! I'm sure I'll end up getting the instructions to replicate (as much as possible) the Boba Fett and Carbonite Han
    edited October 2017
    Anyone have any info on the large BrickHeadz that was pictured with the Avengers: Infinity War ones in the product catalogue? I'm holding out hope it's a large Thanos with his throne, maybe it also includes all four members of the Black Order in addition to Thanos. Why isn't it teased on this poster? Will it be a retailer exclusive?
    JBricks27CM4S
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    I was thinking that the large Brickheadz set would be the Hulkbuster, seeing as it'll be showing up again in Infinity War.

I'm also going to throw out there that, due to the sword looking objects behind Brickheadz number 35's back that it might be Thor.
    FowlerBricks
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 201
    ...now if only LEGO would offer a Star Wars exclusive minifigure at SDCC next year.  I've been patiently waiting on that for years now.

Honestly, I'm ready for something other than Marvel & DC at SDCC.  Give Star Wars (or some other IP) the spotlight for one year, as it pertains to the minifigure giveaways.
    FowlerBricks
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 201

1st day of NYCC was a great success! Had an awesome LEGO fan moment.
    Curious, who is the fellow signing the box?  What is his significance?
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 861
    I don't even collect Brickheadz and I'm jealous.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,336

1st day of NYCC was a great success! Had an awesome LEGO fan moment.
    Curious, who is the fellow signing the box?  What is his significance?

Marcos Bessa, LEGO Set Designer
    CM4S
    Marcos designed the set and is the design lead for brickheadz
  • dspigeldspigel Newport NewsMember Posts: 471
    @BobaFett27 congratulations man. I'm sure you are having a great time.
    JBricks27
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 631
    Seems the NYCC Brickheadz is commanding a higher price than SDCC ones.. Star Wars effect, or are things more expensive in NY.
    with import charges and p&p charges they are £200 plus...

Anyone have any good new for me? I’m also after #41498.

#41498 - Boba Fett and Han Solo In Carbonite contain two fantastic models, great to see them breaking out of the standard BrickHeadz guidelines. Can’t say much about the retail ones, they always seem to be less exciting regardless of value. Not a fan of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) and Justice League (2017) ones. (Sigh...)

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,453
    To be fair of all the Brickheadz so far I'd say Boba & Han would look the best if the printed parts were omitted, Han in particular. I've not particularly looked at the parts but I'd be tempted to build a Han in Carbonite (if the instructions become available) rather than buy the set.
    Adzbadboy said:

Anyone have any good new for me? I’m also after #41498.

#41498 - Boba Fett and Han Solo In Carbonite contain two fantastic models, great to see them breaking out of the standard BrickHeadz guidelines. Can’t say much about the retail ones, they always seem to be less exciting regardless of value. Not a fan of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) and Justice League (2017) ones. (Sigh...)

Re wanting a #41498 I think you are going to have to join the rest of us and go the eBay route.... 
    I thought I’d try here first given the prices will be more friendly without the eBay fees etc. However the chance of fourm members actually attending NYCC is very low so I sort of expected no response.
    How limited are these? i.e. how many sets have been produced? I couldn’t find anything to say how many sets are available.

From @BobaFett27 image above it’s number 4183:

I didnt think SDCC brickheadz went that high in numbers? Or is it that SDCC has 2 x limited sets, compared to NYCC 1 limited set?
    I’ve just finished watching Jedi News Building this set, James mentions sometimes if they have some left over they can be purchased without tickets around Sunday afternoon. It would be awesome if someone could grab me one if they haven’t been snatched up by resellers. Thanks in advance!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,441
    edited October 2017
    To all- Wait about one to two weeks and these will be below $100 on eBay, guaranteed. Give supply and demand time to “do its thing”.
    AdeelZubairbluedragondavetheoxygenmanstlux
  • bluedragonbluedragon PortugalMember Posts: 506
    This might be my first ever CC set. Let's see how the price evolves...
    samiam391 said:
    To all- Wait about one to two weeks and these will be below $100 on eBay, guaranteed. Give supply and demand time to “do its thing”.
    Maybe for buyers in the US... For when trying to get them in the UK you be lucky to see the price fall 50% and have shipping options to the UK... Also add the Star Wars factor in of being the first done in this theme..

I was hoping to just cover the cost of the exclusive product ($40) and postage to UK. I might be stretching it a little too far...

Maybe if I had a UK friend who was attending for a couple of days and had no interest in the set itself. Looks like I might have to start attending these events myself and hope I’m chosen as a winner for these giveaways in most cases. That way I get both the experience and the exclusives.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,478
    That is probably unrealistic given what they are selling for on ebay. I can understand someone helping out if they were easily obtainable sets that you can just pick-up 10 of them off a shelf.

Johnyk668stlux
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,732
    CCC said:
    That is probably unrealistic......

Ever the master of understatement!
    Shibsamiam391Bumblepantsstlux