Hello from Berkshire

70sLegoFan70sLegoFan A living room floor in the UKMember Posts: 3
Hello, my name is Phil.    It has been one day since I last constructed some Lego.

After a 30+ year hiatus from serious Lego sessions, ignoring minor blips such as building the Space Needle, Star Wars Advent Calendar.   Visiting Legoland with my 2 and 4 year olds and chatting with friends and family about Lego Star Wars has rebooted my passion.   I shall leave Lego Friends to my daughter, be sharing various builds with her over the last year was the final straw.

Started with the Rebel X-Wing, and finally got my hands on the UCS Millennium Falcon last Friday thanks to a tip off from a friend.

Now I am off to buy trays, organisers, zip lock bags, etc but I foresee many an evening on the living room carpet reliving my youth.   Next stop the loft to find and sort my 70s Lego.
Addicted2Oxygen

Comments

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    Nice to see you started big, at least that means the hobby will get cheaper as you go on. :)
    Have fun building the Falcon and welcome to the Forum.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,215
    Hi Phil,

There are a few of us based around Berkshire here. You might like to consider visiting the Great Western Brick Show (aka STEAM) in Swindon in a couple of weeks, depending where in Berkshire you're based it's a good local show.

http://www.greatwesternbrickshow.com/
    70sLegoFanLostInTranslation
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,531
    bandit778 said:
    ...at least that means the hobby will get cheaper as you go on. :)

Yeah, sure it will... you're lulling him into a false sense of security there @bandit778! :-)

Welcome to the forum @70sLegoFan!

70sLegoFanomnium
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 767
    Welcome to the forum, Phil. It's Ryan, one of your bad good influences. Glad to see you made it :-)
    70sLegoFan
  • 70sLegoFan70sLegoFan A living room floor in the UKMember Posts: 3
    Thank you for the warm welcome.   Now I need to make some time to read the threads here and do some building!
  • LegoFan1970LegoFan1970 Member Posts: 81
    Welcome, good choice of name
    omniumSirBrickalotOfLego
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,297
    Welcome from another Berkshire based builder