Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Those collecting cards again!

bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,197
So those collectable cards that us UK folks collected from Sainsburys have now been spotted in Denmark!! However those Danish lot have apparently got 144 and we only got 140! So Danish folks - what is on the four extra cards?? 

Comments

• bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,197
    Sorry this has ended up in the wrong section. It was meant to be in collecting!! Oops! 
    77ncaachamps
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,949
    Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that makes an appropriate-sized display or card holder for the odd size of these cards?

I finally got around to sorting these for display, but the cards don't fit into the conventional card protection products.

Thanks! 
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,048
    What's the measurements for them? 
    Mayfair, Swan, FFG & Ultra Pro make different size sleeves
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,837
    There might be some products sold for tabletop gaming that would work.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    SumoLego said:
    Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that makes an appropriate-sized display or card holder for the odd size of these cards?

They fit quite well in to a waste paper basket.

I had so many duplicates of some left over that I made up packs of happy families games for my kids. I don't think they've even looked at their albums for months, whereas the cards get played with a couple of times a week.
    SirBrickalotOfLegoSumoLego
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 930
    CCC said:
    SumoLego said:

They fit quite well in to a waste paper basket.

I had so many duplicates of some left over that I made up packs of happy families games for my kids. I don't think they've even looked at their albums for months, whereas the cards get played with a couple of times a week.
    I’ve enough for a small skip!

I was given three shipping boxes of these (long after they stopped being popular) with goodness knows how many boxes inside. They are providing valuable insulation to a cupboard right now but I don’t have the heart to ditch them.

One day they’ll be popular again. Or not.
    SumoLego
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
    Never was able to get them here in Ireland...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,475
    What do they even look like? 
    77ncaachamps
    Here is the 140 cards @Astrobricks
    Toc13 said:
    What's the measurements for them? 
    Mayfair, Swan, FFG & Ultra Pro make different size sleeves
    2 1/8" by 3 1/8"
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,048
    ^ For card sleeves- Mayday Premium  should work. They do 80x54mm (2 1/8x3 1/8). They're made for Settlers of Catan.
    Ultra Pro also do sleeves at that size

Probably looking at around $3-4 per pack of 50.

Might be able to find other companies doing thinner sleeves at that size for a bit cheaper

• KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,878
    That's in line with what I remember for good card sleeves from my MTG days
    As for three ring binder pages with multiple pockets, all sizes I saw seemed slightly big or way too small for these.
    I put them in the same plastic sleeves as Pokemon cards if that helps with size. 
    I'm looking for some way to display a set of them.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 711
    Searched high and low for those buggers only to be lost in the depths of the wee mans closet never seen or bothered with..