Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from Northumberland

Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 285
Been out of my dark age just over 3 years now and having gone a bit mad at first now trying to be a bit more focussed. But it does seem to be the expensive stuff I'm focussing on. Been on Brickset for a while and watching forum, thought it might be fun to join in.
drdavewatfordbandit778LostInTranslation

Comments

• bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,197
    Welcome. This forum is fun!! 
    Gibbo1959
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 521
    Hello! Nice to see someone from my old neck of the woods. I've also got my eye on several of the higher priced sets, but I'm thankful I have a December birthday followed not long afterwards by Christmas. Time to start dropping my hints to family members...
    Gibbo1959
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,536

Hi @Gibbo1959 ! The expensive stuff does seem to attract a lot of people! Glad you decided to join in - have fun!

@GeordiePaul - In my house having birthday near Christmas means you get a 'consolidated' present. Hope that doesn't happen to you!

• GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 521
    @MaffyD I've heard of that before (which is a total rip-off to those with a December birthday by the way) but I've been fortunate enough not to suffer such an injustice yet.
    MaffyD
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,536
    edited September 2017

@geordiepaul - ought to make it clear (and apologies to OP for clogging their intro post up with rubbish) that no-one in my house actually has a birthday in Christmas, because you are right - it's a rip-off.

The idea comes from my FIL, my eldest son and me all having birthdays within 2 days of each other, and my wife and I celebrating our wedding anniversary two days before my birthday.

Guess who's birthday gets completely side-lined by everything else...

• Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 285
    Thanks all. @GeordiePaul ;Afraid I'm actually a southerner living up north but do have family roots in Co Durham so obviously following some lemming like instincts!
    @MaffyD no worries I'll claim all responses! My wife has the same problem with December. But poor me trying to do presents twice.
    And @book-mum Thanks for the original response.
    Just reading the forum took enough time - joining in might be a mistake!
    MaffyD