Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hashtag/set number links on the forum don't work

catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,793
For the last couple of days, whenever I click on a link in anyone's post that has the hashtag and set number, it no longer leads to the set in the database. So when someone included #75523 in their post, instead of getting the set when I click on it, I get the following URL in the address bar: 

http://bricksetforum.comhttp//brickset.com/sets/75523-1

And my browser's error message says "bricksetforum.comhttp’s server DNS address could not be found."

I don't know if the problem's at the forum end or the database end - at first I assumed people had just accidentally typed in nonexistent set numbers, but now it happens every time I click a hashtagged number on here.

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,454
    Is it just on mobile, or on a PC too? I'm on my mobile and it's doing the same thing.
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 477

The same is happening on the desktop site as well.  If I copy the hashtag link it's pointing to the following

http://bricksetforum.comhttp//brickset.com/sets/75523-1

@Huw?

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,474
    Same problem here on an iPad using Safari.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,261
    edited September 2017
    And on Mac, again using Safari....
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 737
    Was just about to come here to post the same. Chrome on android, haven't tried the PC yet
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,454
    I'm sure @Huw will fix it when he gets back from Skaerbeck.
    catwrangler
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    edited September 2017
    It looks like the forum is adding the forum address into the URL preceding the Brickset page...
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,793
    Thanks, Huw! 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
    edited October 2017
    Seems like the numbers for minifigs are not redirecting to Brickset, but just sending you to a search of the forums. Is this related to this previous problem or am I doing something wrong?

See also my marketplace thread (here) where it seems to be happening.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited October 2017
    I thought the hashtags never worked for minifigs or any other set "numbers" that have letters in them, only all numeric (with a possible hyphen to differentiate multiple sets with the same set number, like #700-1 vs #700-2 ), and sometimes it doesn't work if there is a special character (such as a closing parenthesis) either before or after the numbers too. I've also noticed sometimes it randomly doesn't work for valid set numbers as well, but I haven't found any sort of pattern for those.
    snowhitie
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,457
    ^ correct.
    snowhitie
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,859
    I'm really sorry, I thought that worked! shows how much I know ;) Thanks for letting me know though.

I guess there is not really a way to list your minifigures for trade right? I mean, I can set up a query for sets, but it's not really possible for figures is it? Or I guess I could manually add the hyperlink to each number, but that is going to take some time...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,474
    ricecake said:
    I thought the hashtags never worked for minifigs or any other set "numbers" that have letters in them, only all numeric (with a possible hyphen to differentiate multiple sets with the same set number, like #700-1 vs #700-2 ), and sometimes it doesn't work if there is a special character (such as a closing parenthesis) either before or after the numbers too. I've also noticed sometimes it randomly doesn't work for valid set numbers as well, but I haven't found any sort of pattern for those.
    Sure would be nice if the hashtag was made to work even if preceded or followed by common punctuation, like . , or ()
    ricecake
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited February 2018
    I agree, sometimes I find myself awkwardly rewording posts in order to avoid that situation, although usually I go ahead and put the set name after the number anyway.
    Astrobricks