Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

VIP Card Number or Queue Place Card Number?

2»

Comments

• caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 385

They checked my queue card to make sure it was 1-100 before picking the VIP box up. 

Maybe they kept one or two back in case of any problems, and #122 got lucky when they got to the till?

omnium
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 488
    ^ So there are duplicate VIP cards out there? Or a VIP 101? :)

Maybe they have got hold of a VIP card separate, and have put it together with a higher number signed MF. It’s going for £4500 odd so I hope the buyer knows what they are doing.. 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 768
    I spotted that auction too and added it to my list. I was also curious about how the two numbers lined up, because it doesn't make sense. They definitely checked my queue card at the till, so like @Fireheart, I figured the only way was for them to have bought a VIP card (eg. for £1000 ish) and is selling the two together to try to get the magical £5600.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,837
    As the first people to get their hands on the Falcon, has anyone received the posted black VIP card yet? We're now 4 weeks into a potential 6 week wait.
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I spoke with Lego CS a few weeks back. They told me the cards were being produced at a facility in Germany and I should expect them to take until at least the end of October to produce.  I would imagine they are waiting for a minimum quantity before they do a production run.

PS I was queue 131 or 150. No VIP card!
  • abordoliabordoli Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 131
    Is it my understanding that only 150 were produced for this special event all over the world? I did hear news that they'd be back in stock...Soon(tm)
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 503
    DarthMorl said:
    About the black Star Wars VIP card, which I wasn’t early enough to get one, does anyone reckon the mass versions being given for every MF purchase will basically have the same card design and number format, but be numbered over 100, i.e. 1138#####?
    If so, it’s be quite bummer because TLG could have done the full 001-150 on launch night. 
    I believe the “normal” black VIP cards will have your name on them but no numbers
    It's stated the Lego VIP site that the black VIP cards will have your name and personal VIP number printed on them.

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Exclusive

"Will the VIP Number on this card be different from my regular VIP card?

Existing members will keep their existing number. It will be printed on both their original card and the Star Wars™ collectible one. They can be used interchangeably."

my card turned up last week and the number on my normal vip and black card are different.

I spoke to lego customer services and they said that it doesn't matter, which i queried. they reassured me that it was fine and that most black card holders will keep their card as a souvenir as the benefits are linked to the account, so I should be fine!

I know 2 people whose standard and black card numbers match.

I haven't had a chance to go into a store and check it...
    My cards have the same VIP number, and my name on the front.  I purchased the falcon on Day 1 from the UK Leicester Square Store.
    abordoli said:
    Is it my understanding that only 150 were produced for this special event all over the world? I did hear news that they'd be back in stock...Soon(tm)

Hey abordoli, There were 150 Falcons available for the launch at the UK Leicester Square store.  The first 100 people in that queue also received a black numbered 1-100 VIP card, but the other 50 received the normal black VIP card, which is the same as anyone who purchased the MF before the end of 2017 year. For example I was 131 in the queue, so I missed out on the VIP card at the event, but I received a normal black VIP card in the post towards the end of last year.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,293
    I've also received my Black card after picking up a falcon from Watford.  There will definitely be more than 150, but I'd be curious to know just how many there are out there.  I know I've been into a couple of Lego Stores and presented it at the till and staff have got very excited about it.  For several of them, it was the first Black card they'd seen.
  • abordoliabordoli Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 131
    Is the black card simply cosmetic or does it "get you more whatever"?
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 277
    edited January 2018
    I've also received my Black card after picking up a falcon from Watford.  There will definitely be more than 150, but I'd be curious to know just how many there are out there.  I know I've been into a couple of Lego Stores and presented it at the till and staff have got very excited about it.  For several of them, it was the first Black card they'd seen.
    This thread was originally about the first 150 Falcons sold at the Leicester Square store at the launch evening, of which the first 100 received a special black VIP card on the spot in a presentation box.

Everyone that purchased a Falcon in 2017 got/will get a black VIP card through the post with their name and number on it (Including the 100 from Leicester Square; in effect, we got two cards). These are different in that the original 100 did not have the name printed on them, and were specially numbered 1-100.

There are definitely more than 150 black VIP cards out there. :) I think I heard the number 18,500 thrown about, but I don't know the source for it.