Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Leicester Square Millennium Falcon Midnight Release 13th September 2017

LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,657
edited September 2017 in Community and Events
Yes, unfortunately got talked into waiting outside the shop for 15 hours.  In fairness I only arrived a short while ago, with only 12 hours left 'til the store reopens........

snowhitieomniumstluxMr_CrossCapnRex101SMCKlintanSeanTheCollectorstevecook132nwr122HangedSanchezCM4SCCCFollowsCloselyBumblepantsmadforLEGObandit778GothamConstructionCoMegtheCatdavetheoxygenmanricecakeAdzbadboy

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,025
    There's not much SW dressing up going on. Are you going to wear a Slave Leia outfit? It'll get you on the news.
    Legoboybandit778Toc13
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,657
    ^I have it on underneath.  :)
    madforLEGObandit778
    Queue currently stands at twenty-one long.  Shop confirms tickets or numbered bricks are to be handed out to secure entry at midnight.
  • DarthMorlDarthMorl Member Posts: 335
    First 100 VIP cards will be numbered 
    Nineteen.  Two people just realised it wasn't necessary to join the queue to enter store now, despite the very obvious sign.

snowhitiestluxMr_CrossandheCM4SSwitchfoot55bandit778
    DarthMorl said:
    First 100 VIP cards will be numbered 
    And said by an LSq employee a short while ago to pair up with the purchased set box number.  We'll see.
    omniumstluxbandit778
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,343
    Is there any further conformation on the stock level for tonight. 150 was a number posted before? or are the store guys tightlipped on that?

I feel this will now become something of a public service thread for the day :)

very appreciated though
    LegoboysnowhitieMr_Cross
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 844
    Good luck all!
    150 is still the 'accepted' number in the queue.  People in the queue are desperate to avoid waiting all day and have been quizzing the staff for info. at least one employee confirmed numbered cards linked to its respective set number.  That rumour kinda buggers me up as I don't particularly wasn't a signed set but will get one and decide later.  However, if it's linked to my sodding card it will mean I have to keep the signed box.

Member of staff has just appeared to explain stuff.
    That's LEGO store pigeon poop. It's collectable.

M_Bosswillp2003stluxMaffyDmadforLEGOpharmjod
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,025
    edited September 2017
    ^^^^^Good to see the Police van is on standby :-)
    Or maybe it is proof that pigeons are Star Trek fans.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 234
    What's the count at currently? I'm hoping to turn up about 6pm...but there's already 20 folk there by the looks of things?
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 696
    edited September 2017
    Legoboy said:
    150 is still the 'accepted' number in the queue.  People in the queue are desperate to avoid waiting all day and have been quizzing the staff for info. at least one employee confirmed numbered cards linked to its respective set number.  That rumour kinda buggers me up as I don't particularly wasn't a signed set but will get one and decide later.  However, if it's linked to my sodding card it will mean I have to keep the signed box.

Member of staff has just appeared to explain stuff.
    I thought you didn't have to have the set signed if you didn't want?

As for waiting all day, I didn't think these sort of queues were "first people to turn up get a ticket, they can come back at midnight". If that's the case, it would have been worth turning up at 8am and then going to work afterwards...
    Heavens open and freebies are handed out....

snowhitiestluxbandit778
  • dspigeldspigel HonoluluMember Posts: 427
    How's the line looking now? It's just short of 1pm for you guys right?
    Staff are just waiting on tickets to arrive (!) before fixing the line.  Names have been taken in the interim and numbers of who wants the set signed.  Currently 35 in the queue.

Cardboard trollies with wheels are real.

First 100 entries get a black cardboard display case but sets are not individually numbered.
    dspigel said:
    How's the line looking now? It's just short of 1pm for you guys right?
    Yes, 1pm.  Not long.
    Staff have said despite tickets you can not leave the queue. If you must leave you will have to ask a staff member to rejoin 
    omnium
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 670
    I really want to be there! It would cost me a £100 in parking fees/congestion charge fees/petrol. I'm also not interested in anyones signature messing up the box, even the actual designer's signature, who's not going to be there anyway! But I was interested in the black VIP card holder (limited to first 100), and talk of unique numbering on the VIP cards is making my mouth water! :)

That said, my crappy TomTom satnav broke on me yesterday and I would be totally dependent on a satnav to get me there and back again. It's like fate saying you're not meant to be there! I could rush out and replace it and start the 3hr journey down there but I would only be joining the queue around 6pm and looking at the queue size already, I don't think there is any chance that it will be less than 100 strong by 6pm.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 234
    edited September 2017
    So, if I'm to get this straight:

1. The Falcon's aren't numbered. There are 150 for sale.
    2. The first 100 people will get a special *numbered* black VIP card.
    3. The first 100 people will get a cardboard display case (Is this for the VIP card? Or for the falcon?)
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,732
    Yes that's what I'd assume. Make sense to give numbered tickets just so there's no pushing and shoving at three actual moment but I'd assume you'd have to stay around.

Too bad it started raining, at least you have some Lego to build (or you keeping that sealed as well?) . Did you bring your waterproof jackets?

Wonder if Lego expectedly people to turn up before lunch, which is I guess why they don't have the numbers yet.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,518
    Hope you all had a good look at that sign:
    palmers9grbAyliffegmonkey76CM4SJern92ricecakeBengh_Zeran
    So, if I'm to get this straight:

1. The Falcon's aren't numbered. There are 150 for sale.  Yes.
    2. The first 100 people will get a special *numbered* black VIP card.  Yes.
    3. The first 100 people will get a cardboard display case (Is this for the VIP card? Or for the falcon?)  Case for the VIP card.  Only 100 cards to hand out tonight.  The remaining 50 purchases will be sent their VIP card 6 weeks later.

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,299
    I'll swing by at about 6pm to say hi!
    FollowsCloselyLego_Star
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,343
    Any update on queue numbers? Figure the after work rush could be a killer so a little earlier might be a wise move?
    snowhitie said:

Wonder if Lego expectedly people to turn up before lunch, which is I guess why they don't have the numbers yet.
    They obviously had all the queueing / herding ropes out quite early so no doubt they expected queues to form early on.

Huw said:
    I'll swing by at about 6pm to say hi!
    You're at the pre-launch event aren't you?

Any update on queue numbers? Figure the after work rush could be a killer so a little earlier might be a wise move?
    About 40 now.
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 196
    Looks like someone came on a Brompton!
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 384
    gold682 said:
    Looks like someone came on a Brompton!
    Maybe he's planning on hitching up the box to the back, like a trailer!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,617
    Are any other forum members in the queue?

You don't have to say who you are if you're in the photos, I'd just be surprised if Legoboy was the only bricksetter queuing up (seeing as it's the biggest lego fan site in the UK...)
    snowhitie
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,498
    Legoboy said:
    Fucking pigeons!!

That's said too be lucky, you are clearly going to win something good in the raffle.
    snowhitieandhe
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
    SMC said:
    Hope you all had a good look at that sign:
    Line looks about right! haha
    SMC
  • OldmanChudleyOldmanChudley SurreyMember Posts: 17
    I am in the queue too, just past the hanging sign. Hopefully avoiding the bird bombs, glad I am in as I think later this afternoon it will be very busy very quickly. Would say there is about 38 so far.
    andhe said:
    Are any other forum members in the queue?

You don't have to say who you are if you're in the photos, I'd just be surprised if Legoboy was the only bricksetter queuing up (seeing as it's the biggest lego fan site in the UK...)
    Yeah I'm holding Legoboys hand!!
    omniummessy
    edited September 2017
    Rain is putting a bit of a dampener on things. 

• caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 377
    Thinking about coming along soon to join you.  I'll probably be in a dark green t-shirt with my user name on it!  Going for #69
    LEGO have very kindly offered us carrier bags to create kagools from.

snowhitieomniumstluxbandit778CM4SricecakeTheOriginalSimonB

caption competition
    CM4SJern92
    I don't mean to brag, but it is currently sunny in North Yorkshire.

And we have nice tea.
    omniumHangedSanchezToc13Salamalex
    Online: Early Access for VIPs starts from 7:30 am on 14th September
    omniumMr_CrossmadforLEGO
    SMC said:

caption competition

Horse boy from Google StreetView hides identity outside LEGO store.
    SMCSirBrickalotOfLegoToc13bricknationCM4S
    Just been into the store Leicester Square to see it in the flesh.  Feeling a little bit sheepish if I've really been hidden behind a rock, but the back of this doesn't include the rigging?

omnium
    Queue is now well over 50 long.
    edited September 2017
    ^^ Rigging only comes on the first 100 sets.
    RailsSirBrickalotOfLegoSwitchfoot55CM4S
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,750
    Lashing it down in Prudhoe. Don't envy the queuing people in London. Serious commitment for graffiti on your box and a card cover.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,389
    ^ Isn't displaying the Lego logo upside down an invitation to the Elder Gods to take over the earth (and turn it into MB)?
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 384
    SMC said:
    Online: Early Access for VIPs starts from 7:30 am on 14th September
    What's the source for this information?
    baublitz