Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Question on OLD (1960s) Lego

Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 65
I'm sure my mother's hallucinating on this one, but she INSISTS that when the family was in Europe in the Sixties ('63-'65 Hahn AB, Germany/'65-'66 NATO Chateauroux, France) she saw a German-exclusive LEGO advent calendar with German-tradition holiday symbols like Kris Kringle rather than American Santa Claus, and squawks incessantly at me every time I have a contact over there about "ask them to find this for me."

Does anyone know anything about this, or have a contact at Billund who might be able to check with the Archives, or am I right that she's just had too much secondhand pot smoke in her youth?

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    ^-also, 'paging' @LusiferSam
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,082
    edited September 2017
    The only German Christmas item from the 1960s was this Christmas 1964 LEGO promotional set, that consisted only of bricks held in mini-boxes with Christmasy shaped openings.  This is the only remotely German LEGO item from the 1960s.  There was a Danish version as well.....

Shown... outer box and inner boxes.... from my Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide.
    oldtodd33
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 65
    Thanks, @Istokg - ten minutes after I posted this the Evil Old Crab decided to backpedal on the date cited and change her BS story to "I saw it on the German Lego Shop site but don't remember when." I sent her the Brickset Seasonal category complete listing, and she insisted it wasn't any of those...

You know how some relatives think their sole purpose in life is to be a titanic pain in the tuchus? Um, yeah... she's one of those. :(
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 536
    @Istokg - all your posts are such informative gems! Thanks for all your input!
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,082
    Thanks @sonsofsceva !  Over 50 years with LEGO helped in that regard!  ;-)

Next year a 9 volume LEGO book series will be coming out (in Chinese for China market, and also in English for the USA/Canada market).  My favorite things are those that you won't find in the LEGO Archives.... :-)

Just need to find a sponsor for the Britain/Australia market... :-D
    sonsofsceva