Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2018 Lego sets to buy

LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
Hello guys and girls, time for another one of this post. What will you be buying in 2018? 
-Well for starters there are the new SW Rebels (https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=844355969054361&id=180356405454324) season 4 sets and the possibilities look delicious: a new Walker that shoots electric attacks, X-Wing, Mandalorian/Rebel/StormTrooper Battle Packs, Saw Guerrera with one of his pals, etc;
-If I can't buy Ninjago City by years end I will so buy it next year along with the Old Fishing Store;
-I will amend this post with confirmed by Lego Creator, City, TLNM and other sets that are still blacked out on Brickset and have only their tentative names revealed.
«1345

Comments

  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,586
    Voltron!
    CircleKpharmjodricecakeobi_gkiki180703
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 228
    Will have to wait till next year to pick up Assembly Square, Millennium Falcon (hopefully), Ninjago City. May have to push 2018 modular to 2019 :/
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,391
    edited September 2017
    My backlog of 351 sets (so far) https://brickset.com/sets/mycollection-wanted
    josekalel
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,319
    ^ No, that's my collection... ;-)


    I don't assume you'll be picking all 351 up in 2018...
    gmonkey76Lordmoral
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,391
    ^Thought I did the link right. Oh well. Probably won't get all 351 in 2018 as there are still a few months in 2017, and who knows how many unannounced sets there are. But I like to think big.
    sid3windrLordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    Okay so Brickset has the official names of the City, Creator and TLNM sets:
    60179-Helicopter Ambulance, 31081 Modular Skatehouse and 70631Garmadon Volcano Base. Star Wars sets have yet to be revealed.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431
    Already taken 3 sets off my list, because I'm picky.
    Lordmoralwardm
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    MaffyD said:
    Already taken 3 sets off my list, because I'm picky.
    I have removed what I think is the new Police HQ, I am also picky.
    MaffyD
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,319
    I currently have 0 2018 sets on my Brickset Wanted list - am I doing something wrong? I suppose it'll only change when the new modular is announced...
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    I for one like the idea of a buying break (especially right after Christmas), so keep the Meh sets coming for a little while!
    wardm
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,023
    Duplo dinosaurs, some Disney Princess & the SW Microfighters & battlepacks. Nothing else really springing out yet
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    Well you can add 31075 Outback Adventures (it will be a gift to my father). There was also a previously unannounced SW set that some people found in the wild, I will make it when its official.
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 364
    Not much I feel like I really want. If there's a 2018 modular, I'll get it. Still want a Death Star
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,194
    Looking at whats coming out so far, i'll get the Microfighters (trying to get a complete set of all series) Any SW Rebels sets, the tractor and articulated lorry from the City theme and I'll see what the new Modular is going to be. I haven't got space for it in the street, but I may sub one of the other out to include.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Whatever I can pare off my wishlist, and maybe the trains if they're half decent...
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    With the exception of Modular Buildings designed by Jamie Berard and the newer style of Modulars, I'll happily not purchase any other LEGO products for the rest of the year and for the foreseeable future. In 2018 my focus as an AFOL will switch to at least 90% on MOC building and attending shows, LUG meetings etc. The remaining 10% will be on adding models and spectacle to my room environment such as the odd D2C, LEGO Ideas and other impulse products such as BrickHeadz and Minifigures.

    This one resolution most AFOLs have every year but it ends up going south given the high number of fantastic and outstanding products they've been releasing in the past few years. I might suffer given have missed out on quite few products that are currently available and being a fan of several IPs that LEGO owns. Nevertheless I'm confident it's possible given this past year has been a good one as I've cut down a considerable amount of LEGO purchases, yet I reckon these purchases can be compressed down even further moving forward.
    Yodaliciouscatwranglerlentiltrax_3josekalel
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 90
    I haven't seen enough 2018 sets to make a must have list yet aside from one set that was a truck and camper set up. 

    I'm sure once I see the Marvel sets I'll want to get my hands on a few of them. 
    Lordmoral
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 254
    Too many.... I'm looking at Infity War, Black Panther, Jurassic World (pending Dino models)
    Batman Movie, Cole's Quake Mech, Marvel Mighty Micros, any and all CMF series...
    LordmoralMegtheCat
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    Set 60052 and train tracks for my future City
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    Carousel, the next modular(s), the MilF, the temple and the boat fron the ninjago film, kylo ren`s tie fighter, BB8, Maybe the heavy assault walker.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    The next modular, #75190 First Order Star Destroyer to complete my collection, the next fairground set (rollercoaster?) and that is it at the moment unless they come out with something really cool.
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Still catching up on 2017 sets! I would really like to get the Ninjago movie temple and the heavy assault walker, but it's going to depend on whether I find really good offers. Also, if it's out in 2018, the Ideas ship in a bottle. Mercifully I'm not seeing a lot of must-have sets, so far.
    Fizyx
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,243
    the temple is worth it, feels like a 150€ set.

    I think my priority for 2018 would be the disney castle. then old fishing store, heavy assault walker, the green ninja mech dragon and probably ninjago city.
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    Axl Rolling vehicle, it looks like a great opportunity to add an Alliance APC: 
    MegtheCat
  • dragologerdragologer U.S.AMember Posts: 133
    that is literally the ONLY 2018 spring wave nexo knights set i want. everything else looks really boring. i was fairly dissapointed. 
    Lordmoral
  • LegoPondswaldLegoPondswald The NetherlandsMember Posts: 45
    I'm going to get the new modular (well, if it's a good one), the Joker Manor if I haven't gotten that yet by years end and probably some city/creator sets. But to be honest: I'm kind of waiting to see what else they will announce, since I haven't really seen that many new sets for 2018 that I really need to have.
    LordmoralFizyx
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    edited November 2017
    The new City 2018 sets have new pieces (mountain lion, beehive, hollow trunk and gold piece). The only one I "want" is the mine started set so far.
    ateagueSirBenlentil
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,768
    Ninjago Sons of Garmadon sets look great so far, but narrowing down which I want may have to wait until we have finalized pics of all the sets. Elves is also always a favorite, but probably won’t be out until March. And the new modular looks sweet!
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 681
    Aanchir said:
    Ninjago Sons of Garmadon sets look great so far, but narrowing down which I want may have to wait until we have finalized pics of all the sets. Elves is also always a favorite, but probably won’t be out until March. And the new modular looks sweet!
    In addition to these, Nexo Knights seems like it might be working toward an epic conclusion... I mostly passed on this year's sets, but at least a few of next year's seem like they might suck me back in!
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 977
    So far I have an empty list.  I'm curious to see the new modular, but I'm guessing it is over my $150 threshold on buying any Lego
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    Tatooine BP and Kylo Ren mini ship.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431

    More sets off my list... now that the micro fighters are confirmed ST and not OT. But some have gone on: #31071 - Drone Explorer & #31074 - Rocket Rally Car

    But we'll have to see what the alternate models are - I'm still fairly picky! :-)

  • ggfileggfile CanadaMember Posts: 19
    Mulan, as I am collecting the Princess's, the Disney Poly 4 a spare trumpet to use in a MOC, and the 3 friends Polys. I too am hoping for a year fast so that I can focus on collecting some of the older pirate sets from the 1990's
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 312
    I'm amazed no one has mentioned the upcoming Ideas Ship In A Bottle - that's the only gotta-have-it set for me. I'll get the new modular as I have the rest of them and I'm not stopping now. Beyond that, though, Brickadelphia is out of room so no new city sets for me.  If there's a new Creator vehicle I'll get it as I all the ones currently available. 

    Eventually, I'll get a Falcon, but that might not be for some time.  The goal by the end of this school year is have my table for my city up and built. We'll see where the 2018 selection leads. 
    FizyxLordmoralkiki180703bandit778josekalel
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    MrJackson said:
    I'm amazed no one has mentioned the upcoming Ideas Ship In A Bottle - that's the only gotta-have-it set for me. I'll get the new modular as I have the rest of them and I'm not stopping now. Beyond that, though, Brickadelphia is out of room so no new city sets for me.  If there's a new Creator vehicle I'll get it as I all the ones currently available. 

    Eventually, I'll get a Falcon, but that might not be for some time.  The goal by the end of this school year is have my table for my city up and built. We'll see where the 2018 selection leads. 
    I completely forgot about the Ship in a Bottle set, that is some wild display piece right there.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2017
    I don't make decisions on Ideas sets until the official set design is out. I remember wanting the BTTF delorean, but once the official pictures were out I took it off my want list.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,388
    MrJackson said:
    I'm amazed no one has mentioned the upcoming Ideas Ship In A Bottle - that's the only gotta-have-it set for me.
    It's on the "no chance" list for me. I find it rather pointless and a big ugly.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431
    edited November 2017

    Based on what I think might come from the Speed Champions line:

    #75884 & #75885 : Fiesta RS WRC, Focus RS WRC, 1968 Mustang GT 390 fastback, Model T, Thunderbird, Pinto, Capri, Bronco, Sierra RS Cosworth, Ford Shelby GR-1

    #75886 : Ferrari 308 GTS, 360 Modena or GT, 488 GT3, Enzo, F40, Testarossa, Portofino (although it's a little late for the 70th anniversary)

    #75887 : Porsche Mission E concept, RS Spyder, 924 Carrera GTR

    #75888 : Porsche 911 (GT3 RS) & 911 (930 Turbo)
    #75889 : Ferrari It's a truck. Or a racing track, maybe? Doubt it. Could be a Pit Lane crew plus garage? And two cars - whatever the latest F1 model is...

    I might get a few of these if my guesses are anywhere near close...

  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431
    ^ Some of these are jokes.
    Lordmoral77ncaachamps
  • lentillentil WisconsinMember Posts: 53
    I like some of the new elements in the Mountain Police City line (bear, big cat, beehive, tree-man), but I'm not sure if I'll be willing to buy entire large sets just to get these parts. We'll see... So far not much has been announced for 2018 that piques my interest. That's fine. as I've got a stockpile of 2017 boxes that need building, and a City layout in the basement that needs arranging... Maybe LEGO will stop making sets I like for a while so I can catch up :-)
    MooreFXLordmoralsid3windrsklambcatwrangler
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    lentil said:
    I like some of the new elements in the Mountain Police City line (bear, big cat, beehive, tree-man), but I'm not sure if I'll be willing to buy entire large sets just to get these parts. We'll see... So far not much has been announced for 2018 that piques my interest. That's fine. as I've got a stockpile of 2017 boxes that need building, and a City layout in the basement that needs arranging... Maybe LEGO will stop making sets I like for a while so I can catch up :-)
    You don't need to buy the sets as you can buy the individual pieces using the Extra Bricks option on the Lego Cpstumer Service Part Replacement section. You just need the parts ID and you could buy them alone.
    lentil
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,409
    The ship in a bottle looks ace! So a purchase for me, unless TLG mess it up.
  • ELLIOTANDDADELLIOTANDDAD Member Posts: 13
    i guessed when they leaked the old luke minifig that there woulad be an ach-to set and i want it!

  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 341
    MaffyD said:
    ^ Some of these are jokes.
    Dang!  I wanted my speed champions pinto!  :D


    MaffyD
  • lentillentil WisconsinMember Posts: 53
    Lordmoral said:
    lentil said:
    I like some of the new elements in the Mountain Police City line (bear, big cat, beehive, tree-man), but I'm not sure if I'll be willing to buy entire large sets just to get these parts. We'll see... So far not much has been announced for 2018 that piques my interest. That's fine. as I've got a stockpile of 2017 boxes that need building, and a City layout in the basement that needs arranging... Maybe LEGO will stop making sets I like for a while so I can catch up :-)
    You don't need to buy the sets as you can buy the individual pieces using the Extra Bricks option on the Lego Cpstumer Service Part Replacement section. You just need the parts ID and you could buy them alone.

    Thanks - I was thinking of just Bricklinking them, but didn't know that specialized parts (like animal figures) were available on a per piece basis direct from LEGO. I'll check that out and see which is more affordable :-)
    Lordmoral
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431
    edited November 2017
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 235
    lentil said:
    Lordmoral said:
    lentil said:
    I like some of the new elements in the Mountain Police City line (bear, big cat, beehive, tree-man), but I'm not sure if I'll be willing to buy entire large sets just to get these parts. We'll see... So far not much has been announced for 2018 that piques my interest. That's fine. as I've got a stockpile of 2017 boxes that need building, and a City layout in the basement that needs arranging... Maybe LEGO will stop making sets I like for a while so I can catch up :-)
    You don't need to buy the sets as you can buy the individual pieces using the Extra Bricks option on the Lego Cpstumer Service Part Replacement section. You just need the parts ID and you could buy them alone.

    Thanks - I was thinking of just Bricklinking them, but didn't know that specialized parts (like animal figures) were available on a per piece basis direct from LEGO. I'll check that out and see which is more affordable :-)
    Happy to help.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    I'll also try to get more into making MOCs, but that's a long way from here...however, will focus more on getting City and Creator sets and less licensed ones (except Star Wars and whatever is over 50% off), as well as to try to get the rest of the modulars. 

    Bring on 2018!!
    Lordmoral
  • Darth_Jar_JarDarth_Jar_Jar Near explosions Member Posts: 43
    From what I've seen: 10260 (Diner),  75200 Ahch-To Island Training, and 75196 A-Wing vs. TIE Silencer Microfighters

    FowlerBricksLordmoral
Sign In or Register to comment.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy