Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Preparing for Force Friday II

SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 599
With Force Friday mere days away, I wanted to know what everyone's planning on buying?

I'm thinking about getting the brick built BB-8, and possibly the UCS Snowspeeder if it's got a decent discount.
FowlerBricks

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,282
    Resistance Bomber!
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,696
    I wish I had a wider budget, but I don't, so I won't be buying anything on Force Friday. You should get the BB-8, though. It's the best TLJ set. 
    TwoToneBricks
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,553
    I'm actually hoping that some of the sets I want from 2017  already released will be the discounted ones for force Friday,  as Smyths will have the Last jedi sets in there 20% off. It's apparently on the 15th-18th September.
    Toc13KHAqua
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    I wish I knew the price on the BB-8!

I was supposed to be off Friday but I'm pretty sure they'll make everyone work all weekend since the flooding will (hopefully) be over by then -  as far as being able to drive around - so I will have to rely on [email protected] My neighborhood is not flooded which is why I still care about this. 
    FowlerBricksLegogram
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    I could be tempted by the Slave 1 and/or Death Star if either is on sale as well as the small MF. 
    Honestly, I may bypass all that and grab an Old Fishing Store or Saturn V (if it arrives) while everybody else is distracted by the Star Wars stuff
    bandit778
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    ^^^ About the same price as The Arrowhead if checking the listing at a reseller.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    ^Thanks - that wouldn't be too bad.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    Very little of the new Star Wars sets interest me and the deals aren't as good as they've been in the past to entice me to change my mind.  I'm saving my money for likely double VIP points on all sets in October and will get the Disney Castle and Big Ben.  And still waiting for the Saturn V to come back in.
  • KlintanKlintan SwedenMember Posts: 52
    I want the BB-8 and the Heavy Assault Walker. But what I will buy depends on discounts will be available.

Might even buy one First Order Star Destroyer even though #75055 looks better.
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Kylo TIE, and Resistance Bomber. Still undecided on the other sets, but that crawling ATST thing is a for sure nope.
    FowlerBricks
    Kylo TIE, and Resistance Bomber. Still undecided on the other sets, but that crawling ATST thing is a for sure nope.
    My thoughts exactly. That is the most Butt-Ugly Star Wars set ever.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    BB-8, First Order Heavy Walker, Resistance Pod, and the Elite Guard figure.

I think I'm gonna wait on BB-8..

..get Resistance Pod and Guard figure at TRU at midnight (something I haven't experienced yet)

...and get the Walker online for double VIP points. 

Gonna be expensive.
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    There are a load of non-star wars sets I want right now...but triple points on SW sets in the U.K. is tempting as a part payment to a large Lego box on wheels...I guess I need to think about this quickly...and find a way to 'conceal' several hundred pounds...

I guess BB8, the new TIE and Resistance Bomber would be on the list.
    Mr_Cross
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    triple points is great if it were on the exclusives since they go less on sale than the rest of the line.  You will find much better deals than triple points if you wait for the inevitable sales on the star wars sets as time goes by.
    omnium
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 250
    I'm thinking I'm going to finally pick up the UCS Slave I
    Jackad7
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Have US discounts been posted at all? I've been thinking about picking up Slave I.
    Jackad7
  • KHAquaKHAqua UKMember Posts: 5
    I'll probably pick up BB-8, it's the only new set I'm interested in tbh.

Trying to decide whether to buy it online or go to the Leicester Square store...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,002
    I'll be getting a bunch of the army builder type packs and the Bounty Hunter pack to get up to the 50 dollars.
    gmonkey76FowlerBricks
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    nah, I always wait for the 20% or more discounts.  no rush
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    I'm just getting the bare minimum to get the free trooper. So basically what ever is available that I like around 50 bucks.
    madforLEGO
  • BlueBen1111BlueBen1111 United StatesMember Posts: 7
    I'm just gonna get the BB-8 set and stare at the UCS MF wishfully which is supposed to be on display.
  • WhateveristWhateverist BelgiumMember Posts: 31
    I staring wistfully at the Resistance Bomber because there's always room for more WWII-inspired space fighters under my roof, but I'm afraid of the price :-/ 
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    @BlueBen1111 what did I miss? There's a new BB-8 set?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,559
    I'm getting nothing. The deal looks pretty crap for the UK. Unless you are after a lego store exclusive set, then you can normally do better at a supermarket.
    roxioomnium
  • haydukehayduke PhiladelphiaMember Posts: 55
    I wasn't really paying attention last Force Friday (kids were too young for legos so I wasn't really "into it" yet). Other than having merchandise in hand on Friday, is there a compelling reason to physically go into a Lego store vs. just using [email protected]? I have a store about 15 minutes away, but am not a big fan of crowds, plus there's that whole work thing.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,644
    @hayduke depending on your luck [email protected] is notorious for not working properly on big event days. Sometimes the sales don't show up until you add to cart, promotion not adding, taking hours for the check out to go through.....  If you can sit up all night it's not a problem, but if you can run into the store it's usually better. 
    I'll be getting a bunch of the army builder type packs and the Bounty Hunter pack to get up to the 50 dollars.
    That's going to be quite the army!
  • BlueBen1111BlueBen1111 United StatesMember Posts: 7
    @MorkMan Yeah, it's a large scale BB-8 similar to 10225. I believe it's gonna retail for $90.
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    @MorkMan Yeah, it's a large scale BB-8 similar to 10225. I believe it's gonna retail for $90.
    Normally I'd refer you to Jangbricks...but he got "Disneyed".  Other BB-8 videos still on Youtube for now!

sid3windrUberbrick
  • haydukehayduke PhiladelphiaMember Posts: 55
    @gmonkey76 Thanks, sound advice. To be honest I've found [email protected] to not work properly on the best of days (it's worthless on mobile) so I think that answers it for me.
    gmonkey76BlueBen1111
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,002
    That's going to be quite the army!
    Not really, only have to get to 50 USD here in the US. One bounty hunter set, along with a few of the stormtrooper packs should get me to 50 fairly fast.
  • Eoin24Eoin24 CanadaMember Posts: 4
    Almost got the BB-8 at walmart canada today. Someone put it on the shelf early but when my wife got to the counter, they wouldn't allow her to purchase it as it kept giving them an error with the scanner. 129+tax in Canada.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    Bb8 is £84.99 in uk:-)
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 599
    @cavegod That's not too bad, how do you know anyway?
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    its listed on very for that price
  • WhateveristWhateverist BelgiumMember Posts: 31
    Any guesses on discounts for older Star Wars sets? There's some sets I wouldn't mind picking up at less-than-full-price.
    ^ I hope they reduce the Rogue One sets as I'm trying to complete that collection.
  • HyogaHyoga JapanMember Posts: 13
    Anyone knows at exactly what time does Force Friday start? (in Europe)
  • palmers9grbpalmers9grb ukMember Posts: 252
    my local howleys(Weymouth) has all the new sets in today, but the shop was mega busy so could get a look the prices or pictures. but they a normally a little more than RRP 
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,589
    The Entertainer in Ipswich had new "wraps" around their security gates today with TLJ sets on, but none on the shelves as yet!
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 943
    Any chances that #75098 Assault on Hoth will be discounted? 20% off + double points does not sound that bad :-)
    @JooTog I'd say there's a good chance, they'll never get rid of them otherwise :P
    JooTog
    Surprised there hasn't been more info on the discounts. Thought something might have been revealed now with all the MF stuff
    TLJ sets are on [email protected] with prices - £40 for the Resistance Pod? You're having a laugh....
  • xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
    Maybe it's an elaborate marketing strategy to make the new Falcon seem better value, as it's "only" £40 more than purchasing this wave at RRP.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,644
    Looks like there is a black LEGO VIP card if you get the Falcon. There are three different posters if you buy any Star Wars LEGO 1st to 3rd in the USA according to [email protected]
  • willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Fingers crossed [email protected] doesn't burst into flames tonight!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,715
    Fingers crossed [email protected] doesn't burst into flames tonight!
    Considering the site is the equivalent of a wet noodle, it'll just flop around a bit.
    stluxsid3windr
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Is the Falcon going to be available for pre-order tomorrow? It's under the Force Friday section.

Sorry if this has been answered previously.