Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

My website is giving away a new Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull (7627)

ParkGradesParkGrades Member Posts: 106
edited December 2011 in Marketplace
Hi, my website is running a giveaway until the end of the day, January 4, 2012. We are giving away a brand new Indiana Jones Temple of the Crystal Skull LEGO set (7627), and since I thought the Brickset community would be interested, I wanted to let you know about it.

My site is ParkGrades.com, a directory of information and reviews about parks, playgrounds, museums, trails, and beaches in the US and Canada. The link to the giveaway rules is here: http://www.parkgrades.com/blog/end-year-giveaway

Back in April, we gave away a PoTC "Queen Anne's Revenge" set, which was won by a Brickset member.

I'm posting this in the "Marketplace" forum at the request of the site's moderators. Of course, Brickset does not in any way endorse this contest. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    As much as I'd like to keep this promotional giveaway secret, this announcement has been approved by me ;)
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Thanks entered!
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    Who won the QAR? Was it announced anywhere?

I'm happy for you to promote the giveaway here but it would be nice to see some followup too.
  • ParkGradesParkGrades Member Posts: 106
    Thank you, Huw! The Brickset user "Silvertongue" won the QAR.

I'll be sure to follow up here to let everyone know who wins the Temple of the Crystal Skull.
    Thanks entered!
    As much as I'd like to keep this promotional giveaway secret, this announcement has been approved by me ;)
    Thank you, and good luck!
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    Excellent, well done Silvertongue!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,287
    I entered too.
  • Blue1dotBlue1dot Member Posts: 78
    Great parks website! Thanks for the info on the giveaway, I added a review of my favorite local park.
    I entered too.
    Great parks website! Thanks for the info on the giveaway, I added a review of my favorite local park.
    Thank you, and good luck!
    Just an update - if you've entered or are thinking of entering, you've got pretty great odds as of right now...
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    I've written a few for you! :)
  • sturner26sturner26 Member Posts: 19
    As have I. (fingers crossed)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    Is this open to non-US residents? I'm in the UK and have been to various parks in the US that I would happily review, but I'd be disappointed if I won (long shot!) and then couldn't receive my kick-ass prize!! If I am eligible to enter, is the deadline midnight EST? Cheers!
    Hope that this doesn't promote some bad behaviour though - seems like there have been a lot of one and two-liners going up!

Also weird that there are lots of places that don't seem to exist on there!
    I've written a few for you! :)
    As have I. (fingers crossed)
    Thank you!
    Is this open to non-US residents? I'm in the UK and have been to various parks in the US that I would happily review, but I'd be disappointed if I won (long shot!) and then couldn't receive my kick-ass prize!! If I am eligible to enter, is the deadline midnight EST? Cheers!
    The contest is open to non-US residents, but right now we only have park listings for the US and Canada.

If ParkGrades.com seems to be missing parks/beaches/etc. from a certain area, just email me ([email protected]) and we'll look into it.

Thanks again, and good luck!

You're eligible to enter, and since we're in the Pacific Time Zone, that's the actual deadline (so, 3AM EST?)... Good luck!
    Still ~8 hours to enter! Just an FYI, the top 5 highest odds are with:

sturner26
    mack
    getter4
    mrbenn
    starfire2

Thank you again; I hope a Brickset member ends up winning this!
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    You seem to have some problems with your registration. I probably made two dozen attempts on two separate occassions without success. Finally, I simply gave up.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Very neat site. I had fun writing a couple of reviews. Thanks!
    You seem to have some problems with your registration. I probably made two dozen attempts on two separate occassions without success. Finally, I simply gave up.
    Wow, I am sorry to hear that! Do you remember what kind of device/operating system/browser you were using?
    Very neat site. I had fun writing a couple of reviews. Thanks!
    Thank you; good luck!
    Aaagh! Only just remembered about this, signed up and did a review a few mins ago so hopefully just in time!
    Lucy, I'm impressed with your 'four minutes to go' approach to things!
    @mr_benn: I'm not! Due to writing the review, I missed my bus, had to walk to the station and get a train instead which now costs OVER A FIVER for a 10 min journey!! Definitely need to be more organised.

Back on-topic: ParkGrades is a great site, I'll definitely go back and write some more reviews later. Even if I don't win :-)
    That is a little bit of a swizz. That fiver could have bought you less than half of one of the new SW battlepacks!
    ^ Or, seeing as this discussion relates to the great outdoors, a quarter of Olivia's Treehouse! :-)
    And it's a major swizz. Don't get me started on the state of the railways in this country...
    And the winner is... "YCast" from Virginia, USA.

A big thanks again to everyone who entered, and thank you to Brickset for allowing us to promote this giveaway here. We appreciate your contributions to the ParkGrades knowledge base!

Happy Building!
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Congrats @Yellowcastle

Thanks for a fun contest @ParkGrades
    Congratulations to YCast! (Is that @Yellowcastle?)
    No Way! Haha. I sure hope this was on the up and up. :o)
    I assigned each person a range of numbers (depending on how many entries they had) and then used random.org to pick the winner. Congrats, and thank you again to everyone who entered!
    I knew going to those parks would pay off one day. ;o)
    Nice one Yellowcastle, lucky you :)