Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

OK to offer bricksets from Chinese manufacturers (Kazi, Lepin, etc.) on here?

WeldingStoreWeldingStore Member Posts: 1
Hi,
I just found this place.  Even though the name of the site sounds "generic" enough, it looks like what's discussed, and sold, is LEGO only.  To make a little extra money for my family I import and resell the less expensive brands.  I read the rules and don't see any prohibition on other brands but wanted to be sure that's cool before I post them.
Here's what I'm talking about:
http://welding.ecrater.com/p/28363124/kazi-8045-city-crane-building-block
http://welding.ecrater.com/p/26773731/star-wars-millennium-falcon-ultimate

Comments

• teal93mr2teal93mr2 Member Posts: 1,009
    No.
    samiam391gmonkey76Jackad7chuckpmadforLEGOBumblepantsYodaliciousSumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 Member Posts: 4,486
    Ewww...

To answer your question and to also accurately reflect my sadness at this question even being posed, I think Vader said it best at the end of episode 3...

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

@Huw , @drdavewatford , @CapnRex101 - Can you please bring order to the forum on this one? I don't think the post needs to be on Brickset forums any longer than the 30 minutes it has been so far.
    gmonkey76chuckpoldtodd33BumblepantsSumoLego
  • jmeninnojmeninno Member Posts: 1,163
    Enter Daniel Bryan's "NO!" chant.
    gmonkey76
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Member Posts: 2,679
    You've obviously never heard of copy write laws.
    madforLEGO
  • CCCCCC Member Posts: 20,526
    Why do you think anyone here would want to buy them from you anyway? Presumably you'd be charging more than the website you just advertised. Everyonehere knows about fakes and the sites you can buy them from. Some people are anti-fakes completely, some pro-fakes, many somewhere inbetween.  But I'm fairly sure everyone knows where to buy them without going through a middle man.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Member Posts: 1,580
    If you want to try and use a soon to be probably illegal (if Lego wins it's case against Lepin for copyright) product to raise money for your family that's up to you but don't put it on someone else. @Huw @CapnRex101 @drdavewatford
  • TheFewTheFew Member Posts: 1,779
    So then... I seem to recall that some clone brands sell sets like the Arvo Brothers Alien Chestburster (with the designer's permission, but using clone bricks). Presumably these are deemed illegal too?
  • CCCCCC Member Posts: 20,526
    edited August 2017
    TheFew said:
    So then... I seem to recall that some clone brands sell sets like the Arvo Brothers Alien Chestburster (with the designer's permission, but using clone bricks). Presumably these are deemed illegal too?
    I imagine so. But again, why would someone purchase a new Arvo bros set made from non-lego from a reseller, when they can get one from various websites without a mark-up.

That said, at least the Arvo bros types of sets are not fakes of original LEGO sets.
    TheFewSumoLego
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.