Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

STEAM 2017 (Oct 7-8th, UK)

13»

Comments

• LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,964

Just look at this beauty by newcomer @docsonia73!
    "Le Cabinet de Curiosités" containing micro models of iconic Lego sets (and someone in a bath) ...

...one of which is an instantly recognisable Market Street :-)

On top, a micro Disney Castle complete with micro Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse and Daisy Duck.
    But who's that hirsute gentleman in the background?...

Why, it's none other than the Hairy Fairy himself filling his face with a well-earned pasty! Enjoy @SirKeybags :-)
    (And @messy, pasty-less, peeking shyly from behind the Castle tower.)

LostInTranslationomniumstluxbandit778LittleLorimessynexanderricecakeSirKevbags

Another MOC that you can spend ages looking at:
    It's @Huw's incredible "Great Ball Contraption" - with a headless Huw in the background keeping his balls in check.

stluxLostInTranslationHuwbandit778ricecakeandheGothamConstructionCoDrone
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    edited October 2017
    Having watched @Huw's GBC in action, and chatted about the power required, I've decided to build some modules myself (which will probably be my display moc for next year), and I've ordered two train controllers for it today. Now, how much are the balls...?

I am also in the very early stages of planning my robot for next year's Robot Wars :)
    LegopantsLittleLoristluxLostInTranslation
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    Excellent! They are great fun to build. Fuelled by the feedback here and from the public I'm spending too long building more at the moment! 
    LegopantsomniumLittleLoriricecakeandhestluxLostInTranslationflecski
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    I've also uploaded my photos of the show here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157687795030724

Apologies for those displays that I didn't know who built them. Also apologies for missing some off - most of my photos were taken on Saturday morning, when some people hadn't yet finished setting up ;)
    omniumandhepaul_mertonstluxLostInTranslationLegopantsGothamConstructionCoLobot

Having a lie-down, overcome by the extreme cuteness and the pastel colour scheme of @LostInTranslation's slightly disturbing MOC entitled "N-Pop's Bedroom".

omniumstluxLostInTranslationLittleLoriricecakemessybandit778HugeYellowBricktrax_3

Taking time out to enjoy a sausage. It's @docsonia73 again, this time with her brill greenhouse creation.

stluxomniumLostInTranslationricecakemessybandit778

No idea who built this, but I thought it was pretty good :-)
    "The Wall of Death" - the blurred blob on the inside is the motorcycle whizzing around the wall.

bandit778stluxomnium

This heap of greyness was also on show. "Peregrine Falcon" or something like that.

bandit778Lobot
    edited October 2017

Ah, now this is more like it! :-)
    It's the excellent "Wildstyle's Hair Salon" by @LostInTranslation.

I'm told there's a vajazzle booth at the back of the shop.

Huwbandit778stluxmessyGothamConstructionCoomnium
  • flecskiflecski Member Posts: 76
    Legopants said:

No idea who built this, but I thought it was pretty good :-)
    "The Wall of Death" - the blurred blob on the inside is the motorcycle whizzing around the wall.

This was done by the guys who did the Bones Circus last year - the one with all the rides that are dangerous/broken. It was brilliant.

Flec

Legopantsstlux
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    @legopants @flecski I think it was by Mike Grieve. 
    Legopants

Loads going on in this MOC! It's the fabtastic "Charlie's Chocolate Room" by @Salamalex.

Oh dear - looks like somebody is embarking on a life of crime to finance his Lego habit :-S  In this case, however, retribution was swift - shortly afterwards the very cross-looking victim "persuaded" the thief to give back her handbag.

SalamalexLostInTranslationbandit778omniumstlux
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    edited October 2017
    Well poor old Mrs Gloop had just lost her beloved son to the chocolate pipe so the loss of a handbag as well was likely to send her over the edge. 
    LegopantsSirBrickalotOfLegostlux
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,182
    @legopants @flecski I think it was by Mike Grieve.
    Yep that was Mike's. It was alongside his train bridge advertising his workshop and birthday party business he's set up. Known on instagram as 3brickfriends