Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What Lego shades are my room?

stickbug29stickbug29 United StatesMember Posts: 68
Hey all!
I have a weird question (or maybe not, I'm not fully sure what gets asks here).  I am trying to order a small Lego replica of our room, and I'm not sure what pieces to order.  Shades of Lego look different on each website, so I'm not sure what brown, dark brown, red-brown, flesh, dark flesh, etc. mean.  In the bottom photo, what color name best matches:
1. The wall
2. The wood on the couch
3. The floor
Sorry it's not the greatest photo, I'm just looking for a different color for each that matches reality.  If you have an answer, thank you in advance!

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    edited August 2017

It's a bit tough, as the colors on the photo are kind of similar, particularly the wood on the couch and the floor, and the walls seem to be somewhere between light-yellow and tan. So you have to make a decision to how to translate those colors to LEGO. Personally, I would go with the walls being regular tan, the floor dark-tan, and the wood on the couch reddish brown. That's a pretty standard combination when working with the interiors of LEGO rooms.

Also, this following page is very good at referencing LEGO colors with images of real pieces. Keep in mind that not all colors are common, so you have to check to make sure you can get the pieces you need in a particular color. The color combination above should work as they are all common colors, but you may also consider other combinations: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogColors.asp?v=2&itemType=P&itemNo=

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,321
    walls : tan
    couch : medium nougat and dark red
    floor : huh maybe those tiles with wooden patterns you get in some angry birds sets or in the killer croc set. otherwise reddish brown often looks fine.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 695
    Walls - tan
    Wood on couch - regular reddish-brown
    Floor - looks either like dark orange or nougat 
  • 7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 43
    If you want to go to the extra trouble, you could make the floor out of SNOTed plates and intersperse old brown or medium nougat to get the planking effect, like this:
    For the rest I agree with @Fauch.
    davetheoxygenmanchuckp
  • stickbug29stickbug29 United StatesMember Posts: 68
    Thank you all for the input!  I've never seen that Bricklink color guide, but that actually is super well done.  @7BS, that's a really good idea, I wouldn't have thought of that!  I'd just need to figure out how to secure furniture if I tried for it...
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Brickset's own color guide may be useful too, and also has links to several other resources.
    https://brickset.com/colours

• sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,421
    You could secure the furniture by strategically placing part 87087 (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87087#T=C) in the floor :)

edited August 2017
    I'd call it a brick with a stud on a side, but maybe 87087 makes more sense to some people.
    well there is a link at least, sometimes, people just post the part number, I look it up and realize it's not brickset part number...
    Yes, that's why I posted the link as well. Of course you are absolutely correct I would have given the name too.

However without the link/part number some people would still not know which one I meant, 4070 (headlight brick) resembles it but does not give the same smooth effect ;)
    actually, if you build a floor by putting bricks on the side, use headlightbricks and put bricks on the recessed studs, you wouldn't notice them. table feet for example
    Yes, but then there's only one direction they'll fit (ok, 4 if I want to be pedantic). With the 1x1-with-stud-on-one-side you can orient them in any direction you want. Other than that it's the same idea;
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 566
    sid3windrkhmellymelstluxSwitchfoot55gmonkey76MaffyD