Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Parts Bulk Order Form

7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 42

Hi, new poster—

I'm buying parts for a very large MOC and have found myself at Bricks and Pieces for a couple parts that are cheaper there than at Bricklink.

I need many more pieces than the limit of 200, so I called Customer Service, and they sent me a "LEGO Parts Bulk Order Form" to fill out. I have a couple questions:

Will they charge me any more or less than the stated Bricks and Pieces price per piece for bulk orders?

Is there any chance of getting parts that are out of stock on B&P, or would they even consider doing a production run just for a couple thousand parts? (I'm guessing no.)

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,316
    I don't have experience doing this, but an unplanned production run sounds very, very unlikely for less than a million, I'd say ;)

I'm curious about the rest though, I presume the price will not be higher.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    Find an active Lego Users Group (LUG). They have the ability to make "group" orders once a year. Only problem is that you would not receive your parts until Fall of 2018.
  • 7BS7BS CaliforniaMember Posts: 42
    ^ Exactly, I need the parts by next June at the very latest. What I'm looking for is a few thousand 6 x 5 plant leaves (2417) in new dark red, which LEGO has stopped producing, it seems. It guess I'll just have to substitute most of the dark red for medium lilac. But thank you for the suggestions.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 608
    No harm to submit the form.  Someone reviews it manually and will let you know if the order is possible.  Prices will generally be the same as you see in PaB/BnP.  The orders are filled from a different warehouse than BnP, so there's no way to verify the stock in advance. 

There's always Bricklink.... https://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=2417&colorID=59
    sid3windr
    Interesting about the separate warehouses. Thanks.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,305
    They won't do a special run for you.

If you cannot get them through LEGO or bricklink, and don't mind going non-purist, then http://www.altbricks.com/store/ altbricks sell copies, and in other autumn colours too.

sid3windr
    Unfortunately I am a strict purist :)
    I decided to go ahead and send off the form, and if they don't have the dark red, I'll just have to change the color proportions on my trees.
    In case anyone's curious, the order went through, at normal B&P prices, but without the dark red leaves. Apparently they have been discontinued, which is what I was afraid of. Looks like I'm back to Bricklink...