Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Considering Selling Deadpool Minifigure

Hi there! I'm considering selling a Deadpool minifigure and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it or not. The minifigure is in great condition with an almost brand new head and used torso and legs. The right arm has a crack. What do you guys think would be a fair price? Again, I don't know if I will sell him. I still trying to decide, but any price ideas are welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    I would say to  check BL price guide, or completed eBay listings to get a good idea (on eBay, beware of the prices for illegal knockoffs)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,272
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,949
    You could also replace the arm with a new one. As long as you disclose that you will probably still get a better price than you would with the cracked arm. At the very least your audience would widen considerably.
    madforLEGOFarmer_Johnmafon
    edited August 2017
    You could also replace the arm with a new one. As long as you disclose that you will probably still get a better price than you would with the cracked arm. At the very least your audience would widen considerably.
    Make sure though when you replace the arm it is not all loose (which can occur when taking arms off and putting them back on)
    Also, is that a crack or a mold line?
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 267
    Just asking. Wouldn't the replacement arm be the same as original? Why the disclosure?
    edited August 2017
    mak0137 said:
    Just asking. Wouldn't the replacement arm be the same as original? Why the disclosure?
    Because I believe arm molds are different from all the years (Im sure with shading differences too), but I'm not sure those on bricklink make that distinction. I guess if you ensure you get a 'new' condition arm someone would not have to say anything, but it would likely need to match the mold marks of the other 'good' arm (yeah, Im guessing for 20+ dollars people want an 'accurate' figure)
    In the end, if someone does not put the arm was replaced, and someone buys it and discovers that then you get into the whole complaint about how the figure was not really described properly.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    Make sure though when you replace the arm it is not all loose (which can occur when taking arms off and putting them back on)
    Also, is that a crack or a mold line?
    It's a crack. And yes, I know about loose arms. There's actually a way to fix that, but I wouldn't do it to a minifig that I was about to sell.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,407
    Buy the new arm and give the seller both. Let them make the choice.
    madforLEGOcaterham7catwranglerdatsunrobbieSprinkleOtter
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 267
    mak0137 said:
    Because I believe arm molds are different from all the years (Im sure with shading differences too), but I'm not sure those on bricklink make that distinction. I guess if you ensure you get a 'new' condition arm someone would not have to say anything, but it would likely need to match the mold marks of the other 'good' arm (yeah, Im guessing for 20+ dollars people want an 'accurate' figure)
    In the end, if someone does not put the arm was replaced, and someone buys it and discovers that then you get into the whole complaint about how the figure was not really described properly.
    Didn't know arm molds have changed. Thanks for the info, learned something new today.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,030
    > almost brand new head and used torso and legs

What does this mean? Have you replaced the head at some stage?

Otherwise, I don't see how the torso and legs can be used but the head almost new - surely the head has been used as much as the legs and torso.

@CCC: yes, I received the Deadpool without a head and purchased a replacement.
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Honestly, and this is just my opinion, I'd just keep it. This is a highly sought after minifigure that isn't likely to have a new version any time soon. BUT...you have a version with a crack and a replaced head. While you could replace the arm as well, you've now pieced him together. I'm not saying that's a bad thing...just seems like a lot of trouble for something you might not get $20 for.

Last 6 months average new sold price on BL is $34.85. Used is $28.58. You've realistically got a used version with replacements.
    FowlerBricks
    Yeah, I'm definitely not going to try selling him on BL. There's quite a few being sold on there for $20, so that's not really worth it. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,188
    There is some irony with a Frankenstein Deadpool figure being of lesser value...
    Switchfoot55YodaliciouscatwranglerRakul
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 832
    Frankenstein deadpool...must be the wolverine origins version
    SumoLego
    @Huw: Would you mind closing this thread? The Deadpool minifigure is in the process of being traded and I don't want to end up with any more offers after he's gone.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.