Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Brickset API change requests
Apologies if this isn't the correct place to request this, but I wasn't wondering if the following could be added to the Brickset API:
1. If possible, addition of theme “logo” image/thumbnail (like those displayed on lego.com). It would be nice to be able to display these when listing themes. I've found a bunch on Wikipedia, which I could bundle with my application, but it would be nice if Brickset had those images somewhere with the URL in the database.
2. Service for fetching a set by UPC - currently there is no easy way to be able to scan a UPC from a mobile device and look it up using the existing Brickset API (that I could find).
3. Service(s) for displaying/editing a users’ profile, so a mobile app could have native UI for displaying/editing a users' profile information (after logging in, of course).
For context, I'm (slowly) working on (yet another) Brickset iOS App, so all of these requests are related to that.
Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Recent discussions •
2. I believe you can pass a EAN or UPC in the query field of the main search endpoint.
3. Good idea, that should be possible.
Ah, bummer. It's okay, though, I'll work around it. Or design around it.
> 2. I believe you can pass a EAN or UPC in the query field of the main search endpoint.
Excellent! Thank you.
> 3. Good idea, that should be possible.
Now hopefully I can get enough time to get something into the App Store in the next few months...
WIP on a profile screen:
(apologies for borrowing assets/lack of design...I have yet to rope a designer into helping me out)
Of course, I also still need to find someone to make an App Icon for me, so... :)