Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2018 LEGO Inside Tour

stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,130
Information about the Inside Tours seems to have moved to the LEGO House site, and is now available here: https://www.legohouse.com/en-gb/whats-on/tours/lego-inside-tour

Registration for the 2018 Inside Tour will be possible Monday 06 November 2017 10:00 AM CET through to Friday 10 November 2017 10:00 AM CET.
No dates confirmed yet for these 2018 tours.
Price is still DKK 14500 per person, travel cost not included (roughly USD 2285 / EUR 1950 / GBP 1740 at today's FX).
Lego_Starakunthitakiki180703
«134567

Comments

  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    I know the specific dates haven't been provided yet, but are the Inside tours usually held at roughly the same time each year?  Summer?  Autumn? etc

    I could probably Google it...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    Usually May/June I think Boo. 
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,130
    @BooTheMightyHamster They have been adding dates in recent years. 5 tours in 2017: May 03-05 / May 17-19 / May 31- June 2 / June 14-16 / October 25-27.
    Lego_Star
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    Yes, May, June, and this year there's also one in October, I believe.
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    It seems very expensive. £1,700 just for the tour. Is it worth it? Would need to save up 
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,130
    edited July 2017
    @William_Townsley Definitely not cheap, but you do seem to get a lot for your money. Also keep in mind that Denmark is expensive, so the tour is priced accordingly. I'll be staying at the Billund Legoland Hotel in August for 2 nights, which will set me back DKK 3450 (approx GBP 415). And that's for a room which is not as nice as the one included in this package.

    Huw did a 3 part review of the 2013 tour he attended: day 1 / day 2 / day 3. There's several articles from other people both here on Brickset and elsewhere that you could read to help you decide whether it's worth it for you. For me the answer is an unqualified "yes".
    CCCLego_StarWilliam_Townsleybandit778sid3windrkiki180703
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    stlux said:
    @William_Townsley Definitely not cheap, but you do seem to get a lot for your money. Also keep in mind that Denmark is expensive, so the tour is priced accordingly. I'll be staying at the Billund Legoland Hotel in August for 2 nights, which will set me back DKK 3450 (approx GBP 415). And that's for a room which is not as nice as the one included in this package.

    Huw did a 3 part review of the 2013 tour he attended: day 1 / day 2 / day 3. There's several articles from other people both here on Brickset and elsewhere that you could read to help you decide whether it's worth it for you. For me the answer is an unqualified "yes".
    Thanks for the input. I would love to do it one day but not sure if it's Viable. Would love to do it with the Brickset Group 
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Did anyone else sign up this morning?  Looks like we will find out on November 17th!
    stlux
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,130
    I have put my name in the hat. Very eager to find out whether I'll be picked!

    Sign up for the LEGO Inside Tour 2018 is open until Friday 10 November 10:00 AM CET here.

    The 2018 dates are 23 - 25 May / 30 May – 01 June / 13 – 15 June / 12 – 14 Sept / 19 – 21 Sept.
    Covi
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    I've also signed up!
    stlux
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    And me!
    stlux
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 247
    I've signed up. We'll see what happens!
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Awesome!   Glad some other bricksetters are signed up. My wife and I are really hoping we get selected for our preferred date- we would be able to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary there. 
    Huwricecakekiki180703
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 126
    I've signed up, fingers crossed
  • RestructureRestructure USAMember Posts: 1
    Hi.  I see on the form the multiple tour dates.  If I'm open to being considered for any of these tours, do I mark all the dates?  Or do I send a separate form for each?  Thanks.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,771
    What the hell. I threw my name in for both September dates.
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    I've checked them all as I thought you needed to select which dates you could attend.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    edited November 2017
    I thought the tick boxes, as per what @Covi has already said, was to select which tours you were available for - working in education (at the moment, at least!) I didn't select September.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,208
    All I know is when I finally can afford to go on one LEGO will probably stop the tours.
    PapaBeargmonkey76Jern92AndyPol
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    ^That is my sentiment too
    AndyPol
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Does anyone know if there’s a penalty for signing up twice?  Would like to edit my application to shiw availability for all dates, but don’t want to void my application for entering twice. I did send an email reply to my application entry to ask, but I’m not sure that’s a monitored inbox. 
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to let folks know that the mailbox you receive an ‘application received’ email reply from is monitored.  I just received an email from a nice employee stating that my application had been updated to reflect all dates. 
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,027
    Signed up!
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    Sign-up registration is closed.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Anyone else waiting on pins and needles for an email tomorrow??
  • jumalichijumalichi Member Posts: 53
    ^That's very close now ! Fingers crossed...
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    Good luck to anyone who entered!
  • jumalichijumalichi Member Posts: 53
    At what time do we receive the email ? This morning ?
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    I’m not sure- all I omownis that it’s around noon I’m Denmark at the moment. Hoping they get those emails out before their work day is over :)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,027
    ^which is momentarily 
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    edited November 2017
    ^ yeah....still holding out hope....and I’m surprised you could read through my groggy-eyed-didn’t-proofread-typo-ridden-comment. Haha. 

    I will say, when I got a reply from them to edit my application- it came at 5:35am Central Time. We shall see...
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 277
    Ok Lego... give me a go, no go for launch!! Something. Anything. The suspense is killing me... 
    I know, get a life...  sigh
    LegoTT
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Ok Lego... give me a go, no go for launch!! Something. Anything. The suspense is killing me... 
    I know, get a life...  sigh
    Same boat...haha. Hoping we see someone post that they got in or something to at least let it sit-in that I’m out for this year. 

    How many times have you guys applied?  This is my first time. 
    Onebricktoomany
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,130
    Received my email; I'm not amongst the lucky ones this year. Oh well, better luck next year!

    As per the email they received more than 3000 entries.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    I'm not in this year either
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    stlux said:
    Received my email; I'm not amongst the lucky ones this year. Oh well, better luck next year!

    As per the email they received more than 3000 entries.
    Sorry to hear that. Still nothing on my end. Was this your first attempt?
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 277
    Just received my email... sad face.  I too am not worthy this year.   The upside is that I now can spend more this year on Lego and not have to save for the trip!
    That is an upside, right?
    OrmskirkBricks
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    Got also my email saying I'm not amongst the lucky ones. :-(
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Dang, bricksetters are striking out. Still no email here. Sigh. I feel like they would’ve communicated to those selected first, so I’m not holding my breath. 
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 277
    LegoTT said:
    Dang, bricksetters are striking out. Still no email here. Sigh. I feel like they would’ve communicated to those selected first, so I’m not holding my breath. 
    Pulling for you!!  No news is good news?  
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    LegoTT said:
    Dang, bricksetters are striking out. Still no email here. Sigh. I feel like they would’ve communicated to those selected first, so I’m not holding my breath. 
    Pulling for you!!  No news is good news?  
    We shall see!  Still no email. Ahhh. 
  • rcb1882rcb1882 Michigan, USAMember Posts: 6
    Got a spot on the mid-June tour -- am a first time submitter. Email received at 5:57 am EST. I had "bid" for the May and June dates but not the September ones. Email says that confirmation deadline is November 26. Presumably some folks will say no, so maybe some people are also receiving "waitlist" status emails?
    LegoTTstluxOnebricktoomanyFizyxCovikiki180703Huwsid3windr
  • gpfleging1gpfleging1 BentonvilleMember Posts: 5
    If you don't immediately get picked, don't give up hope.  Last year I received email a couple of days before Christmas saying there was a cancellation and my wife and I could now have a spot.  There was another couple on our tour that also got in after the initial non-selection email..
    LegoTTOnebricktoomanykiki180703
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    rcb1882 said:
    Got a spot on the mid-June tour -- am a first time submitter. Email received at 5:57 am EST. I had "bid" for the May and June dates but not the September ones. Email says that confirmation deadline is November 26. Presumably some folks will say no, so maybe some people are also receiving "waitlist" status emails?
    Congratulations! I still have not received an email.  Holding out hope that I’m on a waitlist :)
  • gpfleging1gpfleging1 BentonvilleMember Posts: 5
    rcb1882... Congrats.. If you are going to go early or stay past the end of the tour make sure you get the extra nights at the LegoLand hotel ASAP.  The hotel was "sold out" the weekend before our June tour this year.
    LegoTT
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 58
    I've been following this forum for quite a while but have been hesitant to post. I finally have something to share - I've been confirmed on the Inside Tour for June 13-15. I'm so happy and in shock at the same time!
    HuwLittleLori
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,771
    As usual I was not selected either.
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 478
    Cymbeline said:
    I've been following this forum for quite a while but have been hesitant to post. I finally have something to share - I've been confirmed on the Inside Tour for June 13-15. I'm so happy and in shock at the same time!
    Congrats!  That’s the one I was hoping for. Still no acceptance/rejection letter. I’m assuming I won’t hear anything unless I magically get selected as a backup. 
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 730
    I  didn't make the cut either. :(
    Maybe next year.
    Good luck to everyone else who hasn't heard yet. :)
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 58
    LegoTT said:
    Cymbeline said:
    I've been following this forum for quite a while but have been hesitant to post. I finally have something to share - I've been confirmed on the Inside Tour for June 13-15. I'm so happy and in shock at the same time!
    Congrats!  That’s the one I was hoping for. Still no acceptance/rejection letter. I’m assuming I won’t hear anything unless I magically get selected as a backup. 
    Thank you for your congratulations. I feel very lucky and I confirmed right away but I'm sure that the waitlist will be activated once the Nov 26 deadline for acceptance passes.

Sign In or Register to comment.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy