Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

So, what *would* you pay for 75098 Assault on Hoth?

Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
I think we can all agree it's not a great set, but what price makes you consider buying it - either for building / collecting / MOCing / parting out?

Comments

• Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 486
    Saw one on ebay for 150 for at least an hour before someone bought it. I think at 120 I wouldn't mind picking it up but it isn't a great display set and I dont see myself building a hoth moc anytime soon so my price point is probably a little low.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    78p or an unopened packet of Fig Rolls.
    Jackad7MAGNINOMINISUMBRASprinkleOtterLuLegoToc13Bricklover18omniumLostInTranslationsnowhitie
  • Chuckles21Chuckles21 Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 19
    Given my almost 0 interest in this set I would only pick it up if I found it for $50 or less.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 975
    I've been able to easily resist it on the shelf in front of me at $199 AUD/ $158USD. At $149AUD/ $116USD I might start biting... (but probably to sell off the figs to create a well priced parts pack). 
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    I bought it for retail when it released So that I'd be able to get the space slug. I just sold the figures to pay for the set and kept all the parts. Quite a bit of good stuff in there.
    CCC
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,320
    ^ I agree. There is a lot of nice stuff in there, if you don't already own the original similar smaller sets.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 664
    At 40% or 50% off.
    gmonkey76
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    I think I would have bought it at $160, I saw it today for around $200 and debated it, which is what led me here.  It is such a conundrum of a set as I want some of the contents, but definitely not for retail price.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,693
    50%.  Maybe?  I actually don't know.  If I did buy it, it would literally be just to tick the box.  But saying that, lol, most of them are.
    Lobotgmonkey76
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 923

It's one of the few 'UCS' sets that I'm happy to avoid unless I find it at 35%+ off. 

The RRP is ridiculous, it looks like a mediocre build, the box design is awful, and I don't want to improve the sales figures for it unless I really have to!  If I do add it to my collection I doubt that I'd ever build it - I'm definitely with @Legoboy on this one!

Legoboybandit778
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,893
    I, like many others was not that impressed as a finished build for this but...

I still would like a copy as I don't own the older sets and would probably pick one up for around the £150 - £160 mark as in my anticipation of building a reasonable Hoth display at some point I have 2 extra Snowspeeders, an AT-AT and I think 5 copies of #75138 that I picked up for a ridiculous price at some point along with a bucket load of white bricks to make something maybe half decent display wise.
    Lobotstlux
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,774
    not a penny more than 50% off.
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    2¢ at the most. 

But that's just my 2 cents. 

(Badoom-tsh)
    Jackad7
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    About tree fiddy.
    mak0137SumoLegogmonkey76Lego_Lord_Mayorcajmeninnoricecake
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,189
    What were they selling for on Amazon for that 15 minutes on the day before Prime day? Something like 69USD? Yeah, that...

Seriously..... maybe 150 USD.
    gmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,505
    $62.25
    gmonkey76
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    SumoLego said:
    $62.25
    Hey @SumoLego, I've got an Assault on Hoth. Would you buy it for $62.26?
    SumoLego
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 497
    I'm thinking that all I would want is the Wampa figure and some assorted pieces, so realistically, probably $10. Yes, just one, ten-dollar bill for the set.
    SumoLego said:
    $62.25
    Hey @SumoLego, I've got an Assault on Hoth. Would you buy it for $62.26?
    If I could get a penny from a 'Get a Penny, Give a Penny' dishes.
    SprinkleOtter
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,371
    Reading this thread and checking the sold listings on Ebay, I find myself scratching my head at the set that sold for 500.00 US. Crazy or a bad mistake, I don't know which.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,189
    edited July 2017
    oldtodd33 said:
    Reading this thread and checking the sold listings on Ebay, I find myself scratching my head at the set that sold for 500.00 US. Crazy or a bad mistake, I don't know which.
    I think most times it is someone trying to artificially boost the price by getting a friend to buy it so it appears in the history that someone paid X dollars for it so it must be worth that when others check sold items. That or some kid buying it with their folks ID.

The fringe reason is that the parties are really dealing in something else and using the LEGO set as a cover.

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    edited July 2017
    ^ Similar to the random $100 sold price listing in Bricklink price guides for a $10 fig. 
    SprinkleOtterJackad7
    Isn't someone paying transaction fees to eBay or Bricklink for the cost of the sale price?
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 486
    oldtodd33 said:
    I think most times it is someone trying to artificially boost the price by getting a friend to buy it so it appears in the history that someone paid X dollars for it so it must be worth that when others check sold items. That or some kid buying it with their folks ID.

The fringe reason is that the parties are really dealing in something else and using the LEGO set as a cover.

So I got curious and looked up the seller and he has sold a ton of Legos star wars sets grossly overpriced but only has one feedback in the past days. Some sets that he has 'sold' appear as unsold when you click on them.too bad we can't see how many feedback these buyers have because I'm really curious now.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,023
    10 cents less than free.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 530
    I'd buy it for 175€, that's around 200 $, in Belgium this set is even more overpriced in Belgium with 270€
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    I really cant imagine spending any money on it.