Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,074
    Here is one grabbed from your link. Story says he is 6' tall; taller than Mark Hamill. :)

SprinkleOttersnowhitieOnebricktoomany
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    edited August 2017
    There have been many of these made over the years.

While they look good from a distance, they are normally relatively simple studs-up models, just using lots of bricks. Doing the details is pretty easy at that scale too, as the figures are so much larger than the brick size, so you get good resolution.

Obviously the bigger the model, the better the resolution ...
     (picture from legolizer)

Just like mosaic generation, there is also software to generate the building plans, such as legolizer and brickify. I've never done it on a life sized object before but both work quite well for smaller builds.

And I managed to get a burger into a Mark Hamill thread!
    GothamConstructionCosnowhitiericecakeMynattcatwranglerOnebricktoomany
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,770
    @CCC that's an interesting comparison with making the burger bigger and bigger. Never knew about legolizer.
    Onebricktoomany
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    This is also interesting (shot at Kladno, fast forward over the first bit).

MAGNINOMINISUMBRAbandit778stluxdavetheoxygenmanOnebricktoomany
  • WeezyCupcakeWeezyCupcake Member Posts: 86
    I saw the Lego models at Comic Con. They were really cool. Lots of people takings pics with them including me lol
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 276
    Great pics and info!!  Thanks everyone!!  Now off to build a life size me!  Where did I put that legolizer... You just point and shoot, right?