Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Alt. part ideas for 3956

Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,398
Hi,

Does anyone know of a part similar to part 3956 but with the 90 degree angle in "hanging" up instead of down? Part 3956 is the one in green. I found a similar part to what I'm looking for but not exactly. If not, is there a similar custom part out there that might do the trick?

I attached a screenshot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,473
    Attach it the other way, and then the studded bit will point upwards :)

Probably not quite what you want, but still...
    CCC
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    Best I could come up with would be to use the One Ring from LotR (or, maybe better to use one of these into one of these) to invert the way the studs go, put your part 3956 on there, then use 4 of these with 4 of these inside them to get the studs going the right way again. If this isn't clear I'll try and do an LDD mockup later.
    Hope this helps!
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    edited July 2017
    Here you go (Obviously the 4117070s would be right down over the 4143005s, but neither LDD nor Stud.io would let me do it....):

And an exploded/colour-coded shot:

@Bosstone100 hope this helps!
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,398
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I'll try removing the bottom 2x2 and added that setup underneath. Hopefully it lines up.

Thanks again!
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 734
    Another alternative is a construction sort of like the above, but with two of the tiles with hole and a Technic axle through the center. That way you could reverse the studs again without the slight offset caused by the "lip" of the Technic pins. You can achieve that in a fairly small space with a 2M axle!
    Paperballparksid3windr