Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

2017 Winter Village set?

wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 497
Sorry if there's already a thread about this topic, but when does the first information about the winter village sets usually come out? 
Just checking if anyone knew about some rumours or something... 

Comments

• flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 633
    September? I hope it's a new Toy Shop.

Although I *really* hope they go for something unique this year. Winter Festival? Winter Park? Skating rink? Ski chalet? Something.
    gmonkey76wardm
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,007
    Oh boy.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,340
    edited July 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Holiday Sausage Factory!!!!
    That would actually be pretty cool. Plus the obscure group trying to get attention by protesting it would be entertaining as well.
    Toc13
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,345
    Here we go again. There's no fire station, police station, helicopter, or lighthouse yet.
    wardmSalamalexSumoLego
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 62
    Candy store, chalet, book shop, jeweller's. I know some would like a train station to go with last year's train but I just can't see them doing that. It would mean that anybody new to the theme this year would have to pick up two sets to start with which would be too much.  A sausage factory would be great too. Has anyone thought of that???! There could be a big fire pit out front where people could cook their newly purchased sausages.
    madforLEGOcatwrangler
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    ^^ LEGO inspired by Thomas Kincade - I'm sure I didn't drink that much last night. The odd light brick or 20 here and there might do the trick though. 
    Onebricktoomanycatwrangler
  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 477

Winter Village UCS Millennium Falcon

Winter Village Lego Store

Winter Village Train Station (featuring 13 carol singers, roasted chestnut stall with vendor, mulled wine stall with vendor and winter village taxi rank)

CM4SOnebricktoomany
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,482
    Adzbadboy said:
    I heard that Marcos worked on this year's Christmas set, describing it as 'big.'
    That's at least encouraging that there will be a WV set this year. 

I wonder whether the WV set will avoid going down the ski resort / chalet route considering that the Friends range currently has some rather nice sets in that area, and will do something completely different. 
    I always love the Winter Village line so looking forward to seeing what 2017 brings. 
    Perhaps an ice sculpture or holiday light display would be a unique release? I've been to a couple in the past and they have been marvelous.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,096
    If the rumor of it being a large set is true, guessing a Winter Chalet or another fairly large house like what @gmonkey76 showed above, maybe a ski lodge?

gmonkey76
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 558
    I think it might be cool to see a woodshop. Might be a small bit far out there but maybe have it go back to lego's origins of preparing wood toys for the holiday season. Have it inspired from https://brickset.com/sets/LIT2009-1/Ole-Kirk-s-House. Think it would be a nice addition to the winter holiday scene, also I would just be excited to see a woodshop.
    sid3windrLego_Starcatwrangler
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,166
    toys factory. with 500 bricks used for micro toys only.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,354
    Winter Village Sweat Shop?

Winter Village Abattoir?

Winter Village Sewage Works?
    CM4SSumoLegoBumblepantscatwranglerGreenArrow57vizzitorJern92
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
    Adzbadboy said:
    I heard that Marcos worked on this year's Christmas set, describing it as 'big.'
    Perhaps you mean "coming out in December" not a Christmas set.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAsid3windr
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 298
    Well @gmonkey76 the WV doesn't have crime and everyone uses light bricks to warm their homes so they prolly don't need a police or fire station 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,916
    CM4S said:
    Adzbadboy said:
    Perhaps you mean "coming out in December" not a Christmas set.
    Space Mountain!!!  (If Mr. Bessa is doing a follow-up to the Castle.)
    Lego_Starsid3windr
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,025
    Is this Christmas too early for the new Hogwarts?
    iso3200 said:
    I would say so.  Although I can't remember the release date on the Silent Mary.  For a May movie release date, I think we knew about the set in February or March.
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 484
    Winter Village Overcommercialized Mall

- Drive to the mall to pick out overpriced gifts for all those relatives you see only once a year!
     - wait 30 minutes to find a good parking space!
     - Become increasingly frustrated as every other item on your list is out of stock, in store and online!
     - Make sure to keep the receipts in case you picked out the wrong color! ("I wanted the GREEN one! Waahhhhhhhh...")
     - See the rudeness of other shoppers and slowly lose faith in humanity!

I like the cut of your jib, sir!

I am personally hoping for Climate Change Winter Village Swimming Pool!
    -Bask in the lounge chairs along the pool as you wait for the holiday BBQ to finish!
    -Build a mud man or two!
    -Retreat to higher ground behind the patio when another torrential deluge sweeps in unexpectedly (kayak included in the clubhouse for traversing the newly-flooded waterways)!

Just an idea!
    SumoLegocatwranglerCaptainRogersvizzitor
    That would make a nice transition to the Ninjago City set...
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76MattDawsonsid3windr
    Fauch said:
    toys factory. with 500 bricks used for micro toys only.
    They kind of have that already, they are called advent calendars.
    gmonkey76sid3windrbobabricks
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    Playmobil has a chalet coming out so my guess for WV set is...chalet.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 497
    SumoLego said:
    iso3200 said:
    I would say so.  Although I can't remember the release date on the Silent Mary.  For a May movie release date, I think we knew about the set in February or March.
    is there a rumour floating around about a new Hogwarts? How, when, ...? 
    wardm said:
    SumoLego said:
    iso3200 said:
    is there a rumour floating around about a new Hogwarts? How, when, ...? 
    It is more an off the cuff comment than a rumor, Im guessing. I fail to see LEGO release any Potter products (other than the dimension sets recently) unless WB decides to re-release the movies in order for an anniversary or a new movie for Potter is coming out.
    wardm
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 63
    I'd love to see a snowy old mill with a working wheel along a frozen river. I think that would fit in nicely with the style of most of the other Winter Village series buildings.
    SumoLegochuckp
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 473
    The wheel will not work with the frozen river though :-)
    evantyler
    Seeing this thread does bring excitement, hopefully we do get a new set this year and no re release.
    wardm
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 558
    I don't know if someone has said it but I'd also like for at some point for a chocolate factory/shop to be introduced to the winter village. Either have an area for chocolate bars to be made or a coffee shop like area where hot chocolate would be sold.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,354
    I'm fairly sure LEGO won't do that. They're very big on healthy eating - there aren't any choc vending machines in their offices, as far as I'm aware. They have fruit bowls instead.
  • kbenjeskbenjes Member Posts: 69
    Let's just hope it's not a re-release, like 2015
  • Kokkie20Kokkie20 NetherlandsMember Posts: 38
    Well its not a official lego set but there is a lego moc with a chocolate factory/shop. Its on other lego forum, but instructions can be found on ebay to with some searching ;) can send me pm to i will send the link cause not sure if allowed or not to post it... 
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,302
    @Mouseketeer is on here, too ;)
    Mouseketeer
  • Kokkie20Kokkie20 NetherlandsMember Posts: 38
    That i didn't know, i did know they are from mousketeer, even bought his newest work :D 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,290
    I'm playing catch-up with previous sets, but I'm excited to see what they will bring to the table. Maybe a Winter Village Holiday Shop that sells miniature Winter Village sets?
    sid3windrmustang69
  • MouseketeerMouseketeer Member Posts: 76
    Thanks for the kind words about my Chocolate Factory guys! :) I saw Mynatt's comment earlier on, and certainly agreed a Chocolate Factory would be a good addition, haha.
    sid3windrMynattLuLegovizzitorLego_Star
  • ChicagolanderChicagolander Schaumburg, IL Member Posts: 9
    Friends just released a bunch of winter sets. Ski lift, chalet, chocolate shop, etc. Duplo has a brand new winter set too. 
    CM4Sblogzilly
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 837
    I'd second any of the designs by @Mouseketeer. If this year's Winter Village set is nearly as good as those models, I'd be happy. It's a shame a church is unlikely! 
    Personally, I'd like a nativity scene or a school putting on a nativity scene. But I realise that's impossible. 
    sid3windrprevere
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,290
    ^^I'm actually liking the general look and feel of the Friends "winter" sets. I think with a few color modifications, they'll fit nicely in my Village. 
    wardmsklamb
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 470
    I suspect using darker shades of blue and green where appropriate in the Friends sets will help those buildings blend in better. The basic designs look very nice! (The hot chocolate van does solve one problem well....)
  • MouseketeerMouseketeer Member Posts: 76
    LuLego said:
    I'd second any of the designs by @Mouseketeer. If this year's Winter Village set is nearly as good as those models, I'd be happy. It's a shame a church is unlikely! 
    Personally, I'd like a nativity scene or a school putting on a nativity scene. But I realise that's impossible. 
    Thank you @LuLego, that's really kind! 
  • ifluxiflux GermanyMember Posts: 7
    Hi.
    Are there any new informations right now?

Found this on Facebook:

Good morning all, I was in Lego again at weekend and the staff told me they think it's a Christmas train station this year. What do you think? Is it a good addition? Have you heard any other rumours?

https://de-de.facebook.com/LegoWinterVillage/

And somebody found this on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/162270977304

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,411
    I think it's time for a Winter (village) modular.
    wardmRichmannn1
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,252
    Cool, a train station sounds fine. That eBay model is a Bluerender model, not a real set.