Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

July monthly building contest - Games!

BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,942
While we await the June results I am going to go ahead and launch the July contest. The theme is games - build something inspired by a board game, video game, school yard game, whatever. If you think 'maybe this doesn't qualify, I won't build it' Build it. Nothing too small or big. Here is a crappy photo of a small Destiny 2 scene featuring the new subclasses and planetoid Nessus I made with my kids stuff before we flew to the US for a non-entry example:

SalamalexMynattSprinkleOtterLostInTranslationLegopantsBillyBricks84vizzitorbandit778stluxkhmellymelBricklover18ricecakesnowhitieTheOriginalSimonBGothamConstructionCosklamb

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,531
    edited July 2017
    Right. Will this be the month I finally make an entry? Well I'm all fired up with enthusiasm to build after attending Bricktastic last weekend so maybe!
    Will have a think as to what game I could choose. 
    Thanks for hosting @Bumblepants

Bumblepantsstlux
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,321
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,942
    Fauch said:,
    Sure. Repost it bigger in the thread if you can so we can get a better look at it.
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Oh crap! I've been so busy that I didn't realize it's already July 5th, time to go determine a winner for June! 
    BumblepantsSprinkleOtterTheOriginalSimonB
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,347
    Ooh good theme. 
    Good stuff so far, keep 'em coming. Heads up that the prize I am working on is going to be quite substantial. Winner can choose between a mystery set or moc parts extravaganza, niether of which will suck.
    Mynattsnowhitie
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,531
    I love it, brilliant Sally! So clever. 
    Salamalex
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    Thanks Lucy. 
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 346
    @Salamalex That's really cool! I hadn't ever thought of Sudoku without the numbers, but it totally makes sense.

Seeing all of these great entries without it even being the middle of July makes me hesitant to even start mine (for some reason I generally don't start until the second half of a month when the pressure is really on). 
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    8-bit art is always fun though. Good stuff, makes me want to try it
    Mid-month bump!
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    I'm going to be a bit late to the game (no pun intended) but I have a bunch of game inspired minifigures to pick from
    BumblepantsFuseUnison
    Just a few days left to enter for a shot at the loot chest! 
  • FuseUnisonFuseUnison U.S.Member Posts: 5
    When do these monthly events reset?  Thought about making a "Hungry-Hungry Hippos" model, but it's WAY too late for me to start on that(thread discovered on 7/28).

Just wanted to know when these get reset, so I can try my best to participate.  =)

• FuseUnisonFuseUnison U.S.Member Posts: 5
    legobod said:
    What board game is this?  I have to say, it seriously reminds me of the video game "Dead Space".  =)

When do these monthly events reset?  Thought about making a "Hungry-Hungry Hippos" model, but it's WAY too late for me to start on that(thread discovered on 7/28).

Just wanted to know when these get reset, so I can try my best to participate.  =)

Depends on who is running things, this one will close at midnight cst July 31st. 
    FuseUnison
    Can someone figure what it's supposed to be?

btw, yeah, it's 90cm tall. which is actually super small, compared to the original model
    BumblepantsTheOriginalSimonBcatwrangler
    ^All I can think of is the bug tower thing from Wreck-It Ralph but I am pretty sure that is not what you are going for.
    legobod said:
    What board game is this?  I have to say, it seriously reminds me of the video game "Dead Space".  =)

Was it supposed to be board games? It totally is Dead space
    FuseUnison
    legobod said:
    legobod said:

Was it supposed to be board games? It totally is Dead space
    It is all games of any sort. No limits.
    FuseUnison
    ^All I can think of is the bug tower thing from Wreck-It Ralph but I am pretty sure that is not what you are going for.
    indeed it isn't. here is a hint :

but do they cut through lego paper?
    sid3windrcatwrangler
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 266
    But then the Lego paper doesn't quite cover the Lego rock.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 346
    Fauch said:
    Can someone figure what it's supposed to be?

btw, yeah, it's 90cm tall. which is actually super small, compared to the original model
    I didn't figure this one out because I think I just don't have the background knowledge. What is it? I can't let this mystery go unsolved. 
    @Fauch was it Half-Life? Sorry I forgot to guess your clue.
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 573
    @Bumblepants Thank you very much! Glad I was able to sneak in at the last moment. Must say that this was quite a fun round with all the freedom/possibilities. Thank you once more for hosting this round!
    snowhitie
    it's the citadel from half life 2. probably would be more recognizable in blue-ish colors, but I really doubt I have enough blue pieces in the same tone and it apparently appears almost black when you get close to it (been a while since I played it, so it's according to pictures)
    BumblepantsBillyBricks84
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,347
    Congrats to @Mynatt and all that.  Time beat me this time around, but I'm already started on August's build!
    Mynatt
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    Yup, great entry @myanatt! Well done.
    Mynatt
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 573
    Had a very cool package arrive of a very nice x-men set. Thank you very much @Bumblepants! A lot of cool purple and dark blue pieces in the set. Very interested in what I will end up using the pieces in future mocs after building the set!
    BumblepantsLegopantsbandit778GothamConstructionCosid3windrcatwrangler