Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [US] Walmart: clearance, 50% Off

Comments

• OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited January 2012
    The WM I was at yesterday had 7 boxes of Lego on the shelf, period. I thought I was in the wrong aisle, but nope - that's all they had in the entire store.
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    I stopped by a WM this morning. There were 7 Atlantis Deep Sea Raiders (now 6) and two PQ Sphinx(es?) at 50% off in a clearance section.
    The regular shelves had a number of empty slots with 50% off price tags taunting me with what could have been.
  • mterr1mterr1 Member Posts: 14
    Wow my closest Walmart was completely restocked today (1-5-12) of most everything, even sets that I hadn't seen before in any Walmart in clearance. A bunch was even 75% off.

I went back for a second cart full after this pic.
    PC, What sets were 75% off?

• pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Racers and bionicle for sure, I can't remember if anything else. I also had to leave a LOT that was in the holiday clearance section but scanned at RRP, such as some HP and most CITY and all CREATOR sets. I grabbed a manager but he couldn't have cared less.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Hit 2 more up today. Found another apple tree house and a flying mummy attack.
    Flying Mummy Attack is a great buy for $7.50. I was very happy to find 1x during my ~15 different WM visits.
    Just got back again, they restocked again (!) ... This is the islandia long island location. I am not going back. But I did get 8 flying mummys amongst other things.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Wow - Your Walmart must have a ton of stock. I half-wish stores around here did. I could use some more of the Kingdoms sets and the small Police Chase set. lol

Brent
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I stopped in to my nearest one and they had the PotC Whitecap Bay at 25% off, good enough to pull the trigger.
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Well went to my local walmart tonight. They had brought a pallet of Lego items out all in shipping boxes. Was hoping they'd put them out before I left. When I finished up shopping I came back by and a manager was in the process of taking the pallet to the back stock room and poof gone...

No clue what for, unless they didn't have anyone to stock them, that was my only guess.
  • mterr1mterr1 Member Posts: 14
    Just got back again, they restocked again (!) ... This is the islandia long island location. I am not going back. But I did get 8 flying mummys amongst other things.
    PC, any leftovers in Islandia, is it worth taking a 30 minute trip? Any specific sets that are left would be helpful. Thanks!
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    After the BF sales and post-Christmas sales at [email protected], my budget was feeling the pain so I deferred going to WMT. About one week after the big after-Christmas sale at WMT, I hit a local store and they had a TON of sale sets left (in fact, I think they still do including some dented box SW battle packs). Apparently, nobody collects legos around this store (and it is a store we typically shop at once/week). Anyway, I went ahead and picked up a lot of sets (there were still dozens and dozens of sets on the shelves when I left) because it was a deal too good to pass up. Some were for gifts, some were for school performance prizes, and some were to resell.

Personally, I believe if the store policy allows someone to "clear out" the entire lego aisle, then more power to those clearing the aisles. Does anyone here write Amazon to complain about that practice? I've had sets marked down to great prices in my Amazon cart that go up while I am still shopping (most recently, the Winter Toy Shop comes to mind) most likely because someone purchased a ton just before I went to checkout. I grumble...I then remove the set due to its price increase...then I move on. Conversely, if the store policy doesn't allow this (I know the Zon sometimes limits quantities), then there should be no complaints by those who are upset because they couldn't clear out the lego aisle.

I understand the frustration of not getting a good deal, but many times the purpose of a store is not to be fair. It's to make money...and the faster the better. Either way, I have a clear conscious regarding my recent shopping experience at WMT as the sets weren't (and probably still aren't) moving anyway.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Went back to Wal-Mart but all discounted stuff was cleared out, except for 1 Atlantis set. The shelves were all marked with the 50% discounts though - so this was really open to the public, not just those who knew enough to scan everything.
    Found 3x Earth Defense HQ that I passed on because the boxes looked like they went 8 rounds with Tyson, and I wasn't confident that any of them had all of their pieces inside.

So I walked out with a $5 Freeing Dobby instead, lol.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    I checked Walmart a couple days ago and there was still the same inventory pretty much. I'd love to find a Earth Defense HQ for myself. I only ever got around to getting one of the smaller AC sets!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    edited January 2012
    Just checked 3 more Walmarts, nothing new, no new discounts, regardless of what is posted on redacted...

Just kidding....it said Toysnbricks: YC
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    Our Walmart is starting to clearance POC items. That was the only thing new.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    edited January 2012
    ^ I would love some reduced PotC but haven't seen any discounts yet. The battlepack is superb.
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    ^ They were not 50% off. They were about 25 % off. I picked up: The Mill, Fountain of Youth, Raid set, and Queen Anne Ship. They had quite a bit, so I will keep watching to see if they reduce them further.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    I checked one on the way to work today and the POTC sets were still full price. Only thing on sale was a Ninjago set that I passed on.
  • CCLINCCLIN United StatesMember Posts: 23
    Was at the Walmart across from my apartment picking up some milk (US70/540 for the Raleigh-Durham folks). As always, somehow "accidentally" strolls over to the toy/clearance section on the other side of the store. Nothing great is left on the shelves. Still a hand full of PQ small sets & 6-7 Freeco speeders. New thing is a couple of PoTC sets got the mark-down. 4 or 5 London Escape for $35, and a beat-up but still sealed Whitecap Bay for $59. That's about it.
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    @CCLIN. That store has been pretty clean for well over a week. I hit it last Tuesday and it was already pretty picked over before I got there. Most of the sale items in the local WMs was gone within a day. I only hit one store that was fully stocked and that was early last Monday morning.
  • allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    Revisited my local WM store which had very few things marked 50% off. It's been pretty cleared out since before Christmas since there are few places to buy toys where I live. No price scanners in this store which makes investigating hard.

A whole endcap was full of Nuckal's ATV for $12.40, but that was about it as far as the 50% went.

I found 4842 Hogwarts Castle clearanced to $99.00. Also found 8098 Clone Turbo Tank clearanced to $75.00. Odd % off at those prices. I didn't buy either.. but I'm thinking about both. I'd like to build the 4842 and reuse the parts in MOCs... I'm not a Star Wars collector... but 8098 looks like it has some nice parts as well and may be worth holding on to for resale. The thing that really held be back was the boxes... looked a little rough... not terrible, but not great. Still appeared sealed though.
    My Walmart has looked like this for two weeks... (this pic is from today.)
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    Revisited my local WM store which had very few things marked 50% off. It's been pretty cleared out since before Christmas since there are few places to buy toys where I live. No price scanners in this store which makes investigating hard.

A whole endcap was full of Nuckal's ATV for $12.40, but that was about it as far as the 50% went.

I found 4842 Hogwarts Castle clearanced to $99.00. Also found 8098 Clone Turbo Tank clearanced to $75.00. Odd % off at those prices. I didn't buy either.. but I'm thinking about both. I'd like to build the 4842 and reuse the parts in MOCs... I'm not a Star Wars collector... but 8098 looks like it has some nice parts as well and may be worth holding on to for resale. The thing that really held be back was the boxes... looked a little rough... not terrible, but not great. Still appeared sealed though.
    The numbers that are ".00" are typically manager mark downs and not corporate mark downs. Or so is my experience so far. So probably only valid at the store you saw them at.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I went to a different Walmart than the ones I usually frequent. I live in northern Indiana, but this one is accross the border in Michigan. The stock of Lego there was good. I think they will have to go lower to clear out the large number of Freeco Speeders that they have. They had some interesting sets there, but unfortunately full price. They had the Clone Turbo Tank, the UCS Obi-Wan Starfighter, and a banged-up Space Police Galaxy Enforcer. The full price probably explains why the Space Police set is still there after a year or more! I was disappointed to see that the Toy Story train sets were still at $54. They also had a couple of the Police Chase left. I was thinking about that set, but passed. They had several of the new sets there too, City, Friends, and Dino. Lots of the Christmas polybags and CMF series 5, but all at full price. They are well stocked, but I wouldn't say well organized. Only a few sets were marked as being on clearance. They had no room on the Lego shelves for some of the new sets and the Toy story sets, so that they had them on the opposite aisle. They will have to clear merchandise somehow if they want to have room for the new SW sets.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Was just in Walmart tonight, they are starting to stock the 2012 stuff, saw a Dino set, the new Forest Police stuff, the Fire Plane, etc.

The older stuff is still just sitting there, the 100% price stuff that is. oh well... :)
    If anyone notices PotC going to 50% off, please post here. I'd grab a London Escape for $25 if that were the case.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Mine still had clearance mixed in with regular stuff and none of it was marked. They also had new Friends, and City, Ninjago booster packs and Dino. My local Target put the Friends stuff next to Polly pocket but 3 aisles over on an end cap next to the Lego aisle, they had a Friends display of Olivia's house.
    @BTHodgeman Wow - your Wal-Mart puts those alarms on $40 sets?!
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    Went to 6 walmarts today and none of them had anything new in, and all the old clearance was gone, HOWEVER 1 single store had 30% off of Bounty Hunter Gunship, I got 3 of them and also 30% off Grevious Starfighter and I got 3 of those as well, hoping they go down to 50%, they had 5 more on the shelf, so if they make it to 50%, I'll grab the rest of them
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    Went to two Walmarts. One had zero 30% discounts the second had 4 podracers a white cap bay and a bounty hunter gunship. Oddly one MVR the scanned full price.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    Found the clone trooper battle pack at 5.90 and got the last 2 they had. It was a pricing error I think as only the Hoth sets were on sale after Christmas from what I had seen. Was at 2 other Walmarts where they rang up at regular price. Also saw an Earth Defense HQ in a beat up box, one Freeco Speeder, and Whitecap at $59 (I'd really like to get this one but it would have to go a little lower.) Most Walmarts had reset and had new stock on the floor with little to no clearance left at this point.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    edited January 2012
    @brickupdate - Yeah, for some reason, the closest Walmart to my house has major theft issues. In fact, they just completed an expansion to become a Supercenter, but they're only open 8am-10pm (unlike every other Walmart in the area, which is 24 hours), and, worst of all, they have a single entry/exit door (again, unlike every other Walmart in the area). Now that this store is a Supercenter, I try to only go there really early in the day or later at night. Otherwise, it's not worth it. lol

The funny thing is, it's not really in a "bad" area... just a busy area.

Brent
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 793
    Finally found an AC HQ for my friend Rick for half off. Also found Blacksmith Attacks and the Burrow sets. Walmart has outdone Target on LEGO clearance this year for the first time since I've been an AFOL (2006).
    @bmwlego Would love to find another Burrow (or two or three....) at 50% off. Nice!
  • choob99choob99 Member Posts: 147
    If anyone found a Wampa Cave they want to see for a reasonable price, I'm interested, I didn't find a single one on my journeys
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Howe does Walmart handle their clearances? Are we to expect them to keep reducing until the inventory is gone? If so, every week? every two weeks?

Or, do they keep with the original clearance price and just let it ride?
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Started up on Lego ever since nabbing a few sets a week ago. Drove a total of 600 miles in the last week and half hunting for these (soon realized Lego is serious business). Every trip I've made I was able to find something I liked. Just yesterday, I was able to get 2 of the MVR. I'll have the dupes sold to at least cover gas.

Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ 4x
    Atlantis Angler Attack 1x
    Atlantis Deep Sea Raider 1x
    Atlantis City Of Atlantis 2x
    Creator Apple Tree House 1x
    Harry Potter The Burrows 6x
    Kingdoms Blacksmith Attack 4x
    Kingdoms King's Carriage Ambush 4x
    Kingdoms Mill Village Raid 2x
    Lego City Police Chase 1x
    Lego City Power Boat Transporter 1x
    Lego City Police Boat 1x
    NinjaGo Ice Dragon Attack 1x
    NinjaGo Fire Temple 1x
    NinjaGo Earth Dragon Defense 6x
    Pharaoh's Quest Scarab Attack 1x
    Pharaoh's Quest Flying Mummy Attack 1x
    Star Wars Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter 6x
    Star Wars Snow Trooper Army Pack 1x
    Star Wars Hoth Wampa Cave 1x
    Star Wars Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle 1x
    Star Wars Slave I 1x
    Howe does Walmart handle their clearances? Are we to expect them to keep reducing until the inventory is gone? If so, every week? every two weeks?

Or, do they keep with the original clearance price and just let it ride?
    I would suspect that 90% of stores won't take additional markdowns.

10% of stores may. Store characteristics to look for: sparkling clean, always-tidy, and high volume.

Those factors can indicate a low level of shrinkage, which provides the store management with more flexibility to mark products down.

Brent

10% of stores may. Store characteristics to look for: sparkling clean, always-tidy, and high volume.

Those factors can indicate a low level of shrinkage, which provides the store management with more flexibility to mark products down.

Brent

Are you just guessing? Anyone know for sure how they normally go? For example, Target has a set precedent for how they handle clearances. Haven't heard anything about Walmart.

Haven't seen any Walmarts take any "additional" markdowns although last week they did expand their sale to include additional sets.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289
    ^yes, but from what I saw, additional sets wee only 25% off and only included AC Mothership, the $10 AC and another $60 set (can't recall which one)
    edited January 2012

Brent

Are you just guessing? Anyone know for sure how they normally go? For example, Target has a set precedent for how they handle clearances. Haven't heard anything about Walmart.

Haven't seen any Walmarts take any "additional" markdowns although last week they did expand their sale to include additional sets.
    It is an educated guess based on actual past practices and a bit of insider knowledge.

Walmart "normally" doesnt do further markdowns on a set schedule like Target.

For what it's worth, Walmart doesn't normally do an extensive 50% off toy clearance either...

Brent
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    Does anyone have access to any 50% on Alien Conquest? I may want to pick up some extras. I'm in South Florida.
    ^yes, but from what I saw, additional sets wee only 25% off and only included AC Mothership, the $10 AC and another $60 set (can't recall which one)
    25% to 30%, and there are many more sets that were added -- least in my area.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    I saw that the Lego City Marina and the SW Bounty Hunter ship are down 30% at one Wal-Mart that I went to today (Northern Indiana). Hogwarts was advertised at $99, but I know nothing about its regular price. This Wal-Mart now had new Lego City, Dino, and Friends in place. Several Cars 2 and Pharoah's Quest left on clearance.
    New stock just keeps appearing at some Walmarts.. today in Commack, NY it was 8096-1: Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle and 8085-1: Freeco Speeder. At 50% off, I couldn't leave them there and got about a half dozen of each. Keep checking your local stores!
    @pcirone You actually had me Googling Commack, NY to see how far away it is! Alas, that booty will go to someone else.
    Ya not enough there to go out of your way. BTW I was in White Plains last week but couldn't find the time to make the trip over the Tap to check out the West Nyack Lego store, I am guessing that's the one in most of your pics, yes? I have a strange need to go there to better identify with your pics. Next time :-)