Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links to help keep the forum online: LEGO.com Amazon

SDCC 2017

Comments

• Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Curious that they're selling this on Thursday AND Saturday.  Either they're increasing numbers from last year or it's the same amount from last year.  I'm curious what the inevitable DC version will be...Aquaman/Cyborg?  Aquaman/Flash? or Batman/Supes
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    These Brickheadz are growing on me.
    CM4Scalifrsh78
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Looks like I'll have to keep my fingers crossed if TLG do another Twitter comp like last year, that or I'll be trawling eBay for one, like last year. Can't have these guys & not have Spidey & Venom...

xiahna
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,174
    These look neat, but I'll stick to minifigure collecting. If I'm fortunate to get my hands on these I'll be sure to share here as in the past.
    sweetness34SumoLego
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    I much prefer the minifigures myself, although I thoroughly am enjoying reading the pre-sale listings of this Brickheadz.

None of these make any sense:

"110% guarantee or your money back" (you'll 110% get it... unless you don't)
    "
    SOLD OUT!!!!" (because it isn't available yet)
    "
    Item is untouched BRAND NEW in MINT CONDITION!" (but they don't have it yet... I guess the "untouched" part is true?)

bobabricksstluxAanchirMegtheCatgmonkey76pharmjodLostInTranslationBumblepantsLEGOCollector2504
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    edited June 2017
    Being 110% certain is statistically significant when compared to a measley 100% certainty. Sheesh, everyone knows that. Maths is hard.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Ahhh that time of year again! The Brickheadz look good but I'm looking forward to seeing what minifigs are on offer this year.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    Nothing new today, I guess...
    Never mind!

stluxAanchirLostInTranslationFireheartSethro3khmellymelGalactus
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    Noooooooooooooo!
    Jenniherbyderby
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 238
    Gooker1 said:
    Curious that they're selling this on Thursday AND Saturday.  Either they're increasing numbers from last year or it's the same amount from last year.  I'm curious what the inevitable DC version will be...Aquaman/Cyborg?  Aquaman/Flash? or Batman/Supes
    Seems inevitable, with today's reveal, that there will be 4 more announced!
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I like martian manhunter. Although, I thankfully don't NEED any of these since I'm not a huge fan. But overall it looks decent. It shows that a Yoda wouldn't be that hard to do probably. I could see the double cheese slopes in sand green being used as ears for him also.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,927
    (I am optimistic that perhaps... perhaps... there will be no minifigures!)
    VorpalRyu
  • efencerefencer Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    With the numbering not being in sequence, we can only wait for box 41494 & 41495? Last years Black Panther & Doctor Strange ended the range with 41493.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,294
    is it super grandma? she looks drab
    martian manhunter is pretty cool
    SumoLego said:
    (I am optimistic that perhaps... perhaps... there will be no minifigures!)
    My wallet would prefer that there wasn't an exclusive SDCC minifigure, but at the same time, it's chance to get a character, or character variant that TLG probably wouldn't release in a set... So I'm kind of torn on this one.
    SumoLegovwong19xiahna
    As long as it isn't Daredevil or another GotG character.  I was really scared it was going to be Hella.  You can imagine my relief when the Ragnarok sets appeared.
    VorpalRyu
    SumoLego said:
    As long as it isn't Daredevil or another GotG character.  I was really scared it was going to be Hella.  You can imagine my relief when the Ragnarok sets appeared.
    E-go..Ego..EGO! :P
    VorpalRyuSumoLego
    CM4S said:
    SumoLego said:
    E-go..Ego..EGO! :P
    Well, we've already had the three GotG Vol.2 sets & we're not likely to see more before GotG Vol.3 or Infinity War....so yeah, I could see that being a possibility, it would suck for the majority of Marvel fans though. TLG should have included him in one of the sets, how is it that Taserface gets a minifigure, but there's no Ego minifigure.
    SumoLegoxiahna
    edited June 2017
    Because.... IT'S METAPHORICAL!

(I would definitely have preferred a Kurt Russell minifig, but I'm sure there had to be another obvious 'bad guy' among the sets.  And I'm sure Marvel didn't want to share key plot points about Ego.)
    VorpalRyuBumblepantspharmjodLyichir
  • califrsh78califrsh78 Member Posts: 83
    These Brickheadz are growing on me.
    Grab'em while you can!
    black_towr
    @CM4S If that is the case and there are no more I can see these going for even higher on the secondary market....
    Such a quiet day. I expect to hear more exclusive news tomorrow and the coming days.
    If history is repeated (for about the 5th time), we won't learn much about the figures until roughly the week/few days before the actual comic con. 
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAgmonkey76
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 316
    Well I fed the animals and bought from a reseller on eBay to round out last year's sets with the iron man captain America... and now to move on to this year's 
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 488
    Only 2 SDCC Brickheadz sets this year then? 

Vixen from Legends of Tomorrow will be available Friday and Sunday
    samiam391stluxLostInTranslation
    Nooooooooo

stluxsamiam391LostInTranslationLego_Starbandit778khmellymel
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,829
    I know exactly zero about that character but she looks pretty dang cool. If she was in a regular set I would buy it even if it came in a Spiderman Tricycle set.
    SumoLego
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    edited July 2017
    I take it it now looks likely a Marvel fig will be revealed tomorrow?

*hunkers down for yearly hoping it's not Netflix Daredevil or a GotG character*

Another uninteresting Cap variant is the ideal scenario, methinks...
    CM4S
    Phew, I was starting to doubt my previous post above about how they wait until right before the Con to reveal the figures... was thinking that this year they'd dropped the figures! While I know many will disagree, I'm glad to see the tradition continues.

They should reveal the Marvel figure tomorrow... today's figure looks great! Excellent figure and great packaging background.
    SumoLego
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 727
    I'm not too familiar with the character but I do think that face looks great. A shame it'll probably remain exclusive considering the relatively small selection of women of color in Lego licensed themes.
    LostInTranslationBumblepantsAanchir
    I'm guessing the marvel figure will either be the homemade spiderman suit or ego from GOTG volume 2.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    I hate SDCC. Every year they do cool characters I really really want and they haven't put in sets. Jean Grey. Roy Harper. Atom. Vixen. The Collector. Cheery Kitty. 
    Booooo. *sulk*
    Coolguy5000Bumblepantsgmonkey76chuckpAdzbadboy
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    I hate SDCC. Every year they do cool characters I really really want and they haven't put in sets. Jean Grey. Roy Harper. Atom. Vixen. The Collector. Cheery Kitty. 
    Booooo. *sulk*
    That's the point behind the word "exclusive", no? ;)
    CCCryjay
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217
    edited July 2017
    ^^The way I look at it is that the SDCC figs don't prevent them putting those figs in sets, after all Green Arrow and Green Lantern were both initially SDCC exclusives. It's most likely lack of interest from LEGO's target market.

So the existence of the SDCC gigs just means that these figs do exist, even if I can't personally justify buying them .

Looking at the way the Superheroes themes have come on over the years I'm content with the variety we do get now.
    FowlerBrickspharmjodAanchir
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Vixen is really cool?  I mean I only know her through the Legends of Tomorrow, but I wasn't thrilled w/ her character really.

Now if they were to do something crazy like Howard the Duck...that will be bananas.

• MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    The highlight of my lego collecting year for the last three years now. Time to start working out how I can get this years
    At least it is only two.... hopefully enough to go around where the prices aren't 2013 levels.
    edited July 2017
    vwong19 said:
    At least it is only two.... hopefully enough to go around where the prices aren't 2013 levels.
    It seems like they've settled on a 1,000-1,500 production run, 1 DC comics and 1 Marvel.

I've found not getting caught up in the weekend hysteria pays off well. As always, be patient everyone and you'll get one for a "great" price. :)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    edited July 2017
    We have different definitions of "great" price. =)
    SumoLegosklamb
    The Marvel minifigure will be Deadpool Duck
    SumoLegoblack_towr
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 727
    CM4S said:
    The Marvel minifigure will be Deadpool Duck
    WOW. That was unexpected. It leads you to wonder... will it use the molds from Donald, or all-new ones? And in either case but especially the latter, does this foreshadow a Howard the Duck using similar parts getting some sort of wider release?
    CM4S
  • Habitant99Habitant99 FloridaMember Posts: 99
    As someone who goes to SDCC for work almost every year (sitting 2017 out) the hardest part is that folks don't understand how hard these are to get.  I always have friends who want me to pick up X or Y for them.  Generally, there's a massive line you wait in to get a number that might get called that might allow you to maybe buy that item during a specific timeframe later.  It's... not a fun experience.  That's why the markup is so crazy.  And from a work perspective, it's hard to say "well, I can't make our meeting to discuss this really big thing because I'm buying a Deadpool Duck for my buddy CM4S." 

black_towrMegtheCatJohnnyfinlandiacatwrangler77ncaachamps
    Whew!  I was worried it would be Cable or someone related to the movie.
    edited July 2017
    I'm buying a Deadpool Duck for my buddy CM4S.

Really??? Woo! ;)
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    I've never even heard of Deadpool Duck. Which is a very good thing. I saw Homecoming today and I had a horrible feeling it would be the homemade suit or even Happy.
    CM4SMynatt
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    Don't know who that is and I know quite a lot about comics. Had to google it and doesn't seem interesting at all unless you want some crazy Deadpool MOC of some sort.