Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Golf (not the car)

snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
edited June 2017 in Building and Techniques
So, I want to make a smallish Lego-build as a present for a golf-fanatic. However, I'm specacularly without any inspiration so I've been looking around on the web. My googling skills are failing me too (there are a lot of MOC's of Golf cars) so I'm just going to ask for help.

Has any of you seen a MOC of a set of golfclubs or something golf-related that could inspire me or set me on my way? It should be quite small because it should be able to go on a desk (this person has got a new job), so first I was thinking of making a small course that you could actually play with (like a zen garden) but then that just seemed silly. Maybe a brick calendar or a photoframe with some golf clubs around?

Any tips are appreciated.
bendybadger

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Could you construct a golf bag large enough to be a pencil & pen holder?  BTW, how old is the person receiving the gift?
    snowhitieJenni
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    ^ that sounds like and idea, although building a rounded object not always that straightforward.

Hes 65 ( and not wanting to retire, hence the new job).
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,038
    Lego golf ball? Bright coloured tee and green plates for grass?

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Lego-Ball/

snowhitie
    Reading the instructable more carefully, I don't think this could make a ball to the correct scale :-(
    But the one on Tom Alphins site might...

http://tomalphin.com/2013/10/lego-challenge-4-sphere.html

snowhitie
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    ^ put that on a tee, green base and add a driver head w/6" shaft...that'd be cool

snowhitie
    @iso3200, yeah good idea!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    edited June 2017
    Urm, I hate to tell you but I'm not 65 and I don't like golf.
    snowhitie said:
    Hes 65
    @legoboy, I guess you are starting to feel old?
    Would this do as a club? Maybe all in the same colour ;)

vizzitorbendybadger
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    edited June 2017
    ^ Urm...........?

A bit warm where you are??
    SprinkleOttersnowhitievizzitorbendybadgerjmeninnoJackad7Bumblepantscatwrangler
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 235
    edited June 2017
    Aargh! I have a look for golf related Lego stuff on Google for 10 minutes and come back to find a minifig almost "playing in the rough".

Anyway, is this sort of thing any good? It's not mine and looking on bricklink, the flag hasn't been in a set since 2003 but you can always use a couple of other flag and antenna pieces.

I think it's a clever use of the "stick" part from levers as clubs. I don't know how you could keep them from falling out and getting lost though.
    catwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Hey!?

Omg I almost saw Monkeyroo's bal....... on Brickset. It's getting worse than Twitter on here.

#swang
    edited June 2017
    ^^ that is a pretty clever use of a the 'stick' part indeed. I think I will go for a diorama like @monkeyroo, but then will definitely incorporate the golf bag with sticks like with this trolley. Or a ball, tea and flooring, with maybe the grass as an indenture to lie pencils flat in.

Been trying to put a 'golfbag-pencil pot' but since they are usually quite thin the curved pieces Lego has aren't that great unless you make a really tall one but then you'd loose the pens too.

Appreciate the brainstorming.

vizzitor
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Argh the legs. Where is the unsee button?  I have not got a clue on the golf front ideas so why did I visit this thread why?

maybe a moc of  the 19th hole might be easier
    snowhitieLegoboycatwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    @monkey_roo

I give that leg picture one more like so you can be immortilized in "Best of...." section.

@E.E.

I'll also be posing semi nude with magic kingdom set once we done with it here on the home front. Burt Reynolds style! 

I think any fan of golf needs a custom Shooter McGavin Lego minifigure.
    snowhitie
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 730

@monkey_roo, that's um...(channeling Stewie Griffin here)...that's um...mighty nice.  yeah.

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,374
    Glad to have provided some 'stimulation'... :)