Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Golf (not the car)

snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,779
edited June 2017 in Building and Techniques
So, I want to make a smallish Lego-build as a present for a golf-fanatic. However, I'm specacularly without any inspiration so I've been looking around on the web. My googling skills are failing me too (there are a lot of MOC's of Golf cars) so I'm just going to ask for help.

Has any of you seen a MOC of a set of golfclubs or something golf-related that could inspire me or set me on my way? It should be quite small because it should be able to go on a desk (this person has got a new job), so first I was thinking of making a small course that you could actually play with (like a zen garden) but then that just seemed silly. Maybe a brick calendar or a photoframe with some golf clubs around?

Any tips are appreciated.
bendybadger

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    Could you construct a golf bag large enough to be a pencil & pen holder?  BTW, how old is the person receiving the gift?
    snowhitieJenni
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,779
    ^ that sounds like and idea, although building a rounded object not always that straightforward.

Hes 65 ( and not wanting to retire, hence the new job).
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,030
    Lego golf ball? Bright coloured tee and green plates for grass?

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Lego-Ball/

snowhitie
    Reading the instructable more carefully, I don't think this could make a ball to the correct scale :-(
    But the one on Tom Alphins site might...

http://tomalphin.com/2013/10/lego-challenge-4-sphere.html

snowhitie
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    ^ put that on a tee, green base and add a driver head w/6" shaft...that'd be cool

snowhitie
    @iso3200, yeah good idea!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    edited June 2017
    Urm, I hate to tell you but I'm not 65 and I don't like golf.
    snowhitie said:
    Hes 65
    @legoboy, I guess you are starting to feel old?
    Would this do as a club? Maybe all in the same colour ;)

vizzitorbendybadger
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    edited June 2017
    ^ Urm...........?

A bit warm where you are??
    SprinkleOttersnowhitievizzitorbendybadgerjmeninnoJackad7Bumblepantscatwrangler
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 216
    edited June 2017
    Aargh! I have a look for golf related Lego stuff on Google for 10 minutes and come back to find a minifig almost "playing in the rough".

Anyway, is this sort of thing any good? It's not mine and looking on bricklink, the flag hasn't been in a set since 2003 but you can always use a couple of other flag and antenna pieces.

I think it's a clever use of the "stick" part from levers as clubs. I don't know how you could keep them from falling out and getting lost though.
    catwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    Hey!?

Omg I almost saw Monkeyroo's bal....... on Brickset. It's getting worse than Twitter on here.

#swang
    edited June 2017
    ^^ that is a pretty clever use of a the 'stick' part indeed. I think I will go for a diorama like @monkeyroo, but then will definitely incorporate the golf bag with sticks like with this trolley. Or a ball, tea and flooring, with maybe the grass as an indenture to lie pencils flat in.

Been trying to put a 'golfbag-pencil pot' but since they are usually quite thin the curved pieces Lego has aren't that great unless you make a really tall one but then you'd loose the pens too.

Appreciate the brainstorming.

vizzitor
  • bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    Argh the legs. Where is the unsee button?  I have not got a clue on the golf front ideas so why did I visit this thread why?

maybe a moc of  the 19th hole might be easier
    snowhitieLegoboycatwrangler
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,180
    @monkey_roo

I give that leg picture one more like so you can be immortilized in "Best of...." section.

@E.E.

I'll also be posing semi nude with magic kingdom set once we done with it here on the home front. Burt Reynolds style! 

I think any fan of golf needs a custom Shooter McGavin Lego minifigure.
    snowhitie
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 666

@monkey_roo, that's um...(channeling Stewie Griffin here)...that's um...mighty nice.  yeah.

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,353
    Glad to have provided some 'stimulation'... :)