Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10258 London Bus

Comments

• TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,524
    Some really nasty shaping there at the front of the upper deck and the sides should be smoother.
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    They were so hung up on keeping it studless they forgot to shape it properly. Disappointing .
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 882
    edited June 2017
    Looking at the image I make it 14 studs wide. It looks like 2 1x6x5 panels for the upper deck front windows to me.

The inset curved rearmost windows on the upper deck look strange compared to the others.

• paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    Is there any hope that the image is actually of a clone brand set?
    bobabricks
  • chris_spyderchris_spyder United KingdomMember Posts: 5
    edited June 2017
    {links to leaks are fine, but please don't post images here} Well I think that is going to be the real one.
  • lentillentil WisconsinMember Posts: 53
    Doesn't look like it has any minifigures... Is that because they wouldn't be to scale? Seems sad and empty with no driver/passengers...
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    Well, I like it and I think it will sell like hot cakes especially in London!
    I will be buying one after i've got my hands on #21137 The Mountain Cave! :)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,559
    Once the official pics are out it will undoubtedly look better. In person will probably be even better.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,261
    edited June 2017
    Once the official pics are out it will undoubtedly look better. In person will probably be even better.
    And next to a free Lester Minifigure on my display shelf - even better better.

(Now just to get a Lester.)
    Ian_SSeanTheCollector
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 919
    It won't be better, it'd only just be clearer. 

• RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 919
    {links to leaks are fine, but please don't post images here} Well I think that is going to be the real one.
    I thought the picture was from a catalogue that is freely available? 

CM4Sstluxdougts
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 128

It looks pretty good on the image on the previous page. In the end its just a bus,there is not so much you can do with it.

It would be kinda nice if all expert creator vehicles would have the same scale more or less but then as soon as they make a bus or truck it would cost over 4 times as much.

Might not have minifigures but it seems like a perfect minifigure scaled model,it might look well together with modular creator expert houses which would make it a bit more then just a model of a car that has no real place inside your lego city. If it scales well with the modular buildins I will probably get it,it will look much better then the city bus set in such a setting.

• nicoyagomeznicoyagomez Member Posts: 24
    Although there are so many iconic cars to choose from, I'm really glad they chose to make the double decker bus. This could open up a new door of possibilities for the Creator vehicle line. Imagine getting a San Francisco cable car in the future. That'd be cool!
    SumoLego
    I think the Mini Cooper is actually too big to be in scale with the two VWs.  And the Ferrari is a shade noticeably too small.
    madforLEGOMynatt
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 592
    edited June 2017
    I hope that for future models there is more a of a variety of colors. The double decker is completely understandably red but at the same time it's the 3rd red vehicle for the creator expert vehicle line.  Would be excited to see some more yellow, orange, greens, blues, really anything to balance all of the red vehicles out.

That being said, would look forward to making a red Mini Cooper and red VW beetle now that (I'm pretty sure) all the colors for the parts exist. Think it would be a cool display with all the red vehicles.
    dougts
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,115
    edited June 2017
    Why was the picture removed? Surely images from an official LEGO store catalogue don't break the rule about confidential images / leaks / images of stolen items?
    stlux
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 314
    CCC said:
    Why was the picture removed? Surely images from an official LEGO store catalogue don't break the rule about confidential images / leaks / images of stolen items?
    At a guess someone at TLG politely asked screamed repeatedly at Huw & co to remove the thing, so they did.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    I'm hoping TLG asked for it to be removed because a massive error occurred and the V1 pics of the set were accidentally sent to the printers.   The correct pics of the V5 version (the one that DOESN'T look crappy) are on their way to the printers as we speak!
      Seriously though, just because it's an official catalogue pic doesn't mean it doesn't fall under leaks or stolen items.
    sid3windrgmonkey76
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 403
    The image is from the August calendar which is not supposed to be out until July 1. Therefore, it's considered a leak.
    MattDawson
  • CommanderJigglypuffCommanderJigglypuff NetherlandsMember Posts: 63
    Looks okay I guess. Would probably look better if you fit in some minifigs and use it as a standalone displaymodel. 
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,864
    Now that doesn't look too bad does it?
    CM4SprevereBumblepantstbeat77ncaachampsMynattLegopants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,466
    I like it!
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,363
    That is from LEGO deleted tweet they put up too early 
    SumoLegostluxsid3windrLostInTranslation77ncaachampsMynatt
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 829
    Great use of that VW Beetle piece at the top rear of the bus; gotta like them wheel rims too :-D
    SumoLegoMynatt
    The Palace looks completely out of scale!
    CM4Skezsid3windr77ncaachampsmadforLEGO
  • spepperspepper Davie, FLMember Posts: 157
    Does it have a Hyperdrive? 
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,218
    Also the 1x2 jumper piece is missing from the mirror :P
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,863
    Nice model, and really not look far off of minifig scale IMO
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    edited June 2017
    Nice model, and really not look far off of minifig scale IMO
    I have a feeling that may be the point for this model.
    Do it similar in a way to the Corner deli so that people can buy two sets instead of one to "properly" build it (to minifig scale.)
    madforLEGO
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    When do we get an 'iconic' black taxi (London) or yellow cab (New York)?
    CM4SSumoLegoMynattgmonkey76SeanTheCollectorAdeelZubair
    A checker cab would be nice.

gmonkey76catwrangler
  • CrzypenguCrzypengu United StatesMember Posts: 77
    I am actually pretty excited for this Lego London Bus. I hope they make the round arch piece in the back a Purple color in the future so I can recreate the Knight Bus from Harry Potter
    Mynatt
    Official images are up

change the "alt1" in the URL to any number, you will get a picture. Remove the _alt completely, before the ? And you'll have the first pic 

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/10258_alt1?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=2000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha
    thedingman5stevecook132hewmanstluxSeanTheCollectormadforLEGO
    Much better from the side. But I still think the front of the roof is off.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,115
    SumoLego said:
    The Palace looks completely out of scale!
    Yeah, in real life too.
    TheOriginalSimonBSumoLegoGothamConstructionCo
    The chewing gum has sold it for me.
    CM4S said:
    Official images are up

change the "alt1" in the URL to any number, you will get a picture. Remove the _alt completely, before the ? And you'll have the first pic 

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/10258_alt1?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=2000&fit=constrain,1&fmt=png-alpha
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 427
    Available at 5 London stores tomorrow!

• jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 427

stlux
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    ^^This has to be a first for set to be announced a day before release.
    I think posting that link just got my IP banned from LEGO Ideas
  • UberbrickUberbrick OregonMember Posts: 83
    CM4S said:
    I think posting that link just got my IP banned from LEGO Ideas
    :P
    Sorry about that last post I put up. I tried to quote CM4S quote and then talk about what I saw. I actually think the Lego London Bus looks fantastic. The Designer video makes the color red all washed out though.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,664
    What's up with the format of this designer video? What happened to the awesome intro and backdrop...
    CM4SMynatt
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,158
    Adzbadboy said:
    What's up with the format of this designer video? What happened to the awesome intro and backdrop...

It's well known that TLG give hints and tips at the beginning of their designer videos so obviously as there was no proper intro they are planning to release absolutely nothing ever again in the future.

:P

Bumblepantssid3windrgmonkey76stluxAdeelZubairLegoboy
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,452
    I must say after I saw the video I'm a bit more inclined to get it than I was with the calendar image (= not at all), but I 'll have to see it in real life first... and then it'll still go to the back of the queue.
  • stevecook132stevecook132 Member Posts: 112
    Looks a good size in the video although I don't like the strips of tiles down the sides - hopefully they will be easy enough to remove / replace with an alternative (plain bricks ideally). Fix that and do something with the top corners on the roof and I think I'll buckle and add it to the 'fleet'. Its definitely growing on me, that calendar image really didn't do it any favours.
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 180
    Crzypengu said:
     The Designer video makes the color red all washed out though.

Yet another designer video with that silly bleached / washed out appearance!  It completely ruins the vibrant red color that is such a close match to the real thing.  I do not understand the marketing team's design aesthetic.  SMH...