Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

10258 London Bus

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,258
edited June 2017 in Collecting
This year's Creator Expert vehicle!

VIP Release on July 17th

$119.99

Removable roof, detailed interior 

brickedinsid3windrstluxYodaliciousMynattBumblepantsgratefulnatricecakeadiemcBricklover18willp2003stevecook132TheOriginalSimonBJenniGothamConstructionCoPeteMLegopantsdavetheoxygenmanBlueTacoIceCreamCloneSirBensnowhitieSeanTheCollectoromniumMAGNINOMINISUMBRAOnebricktoomany77ncaachampsPenkid11nicoyagomezwardmlentil

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,467
    edited June 2017
    What scale? I am guessing at that price it is smaller than the VW/Ferrari/Mini sets
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 561
    I enjoyed having all of the previous advanced vehicle models aligned up next to each other for display as they all more or less were close to the same scale. With it being $119.99 I imagine it will break this trend with it being significantly smaller. 

Nevertheless I'm sure this will look great displayed next to Big Ben!
    77ncaachamps
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,226
    Can't wait. 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,547
    Wow another London set cool
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,310
    edited June 2017
    I wouldn't mind it being smaller as it wouldn't fit my cabinet otherwise. Then again I won't have much room once I install the caterham in there... Curious for pics!
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 561
    Also on the main page a few days ago there was the Ideas Showcase article where the UCS Double Decker was mentioned.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3e87452c-2e28-4b87-8136-18398b01b20d

I must say I enjoy the scale of this one.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    What is the scale of this bus? Will it be LEGO minifigure? I cannot imagine it would be the scale of the VW, Camper Van, or Mini
    edited June 2017
    ^ I was just about to say don't be silly it can't be minifigure scale. But thinking about it these buses are 5 people wide so that would be a big bus. Imagine if we did get a true minifigure scale bus with 70 seats that would be amazing.
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 863
    If TLG is coming out with a London Bus surely the Ideas one will be rejected? Is it the GBHQ fiasco all over again? 
    IceCreamClonegmonkey76
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    edited June 2017
    SMC said:
    Imagine if we did get a true minifigure scale bus with 70 seats that would be amazing.
    Yep, with 200 passengers all squashed in.  Arms and legs hanging out the window and unable to shut the doors.
    SumoLegogmonkey76koshka
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 852
    In terms of minifig selection, they must include the smelly guy who no one wants to sit next to - he should have dark patches printed in his arm pits (and maybe be carrying a sausage, if the piece count allows), a cat lady who talks to everyone nearby - including talking to herself and then the teens on the back seat with their loud mobile phones.
    Bumblepantssklambgmonkey76GreenArrow57
  • OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
    Minding that price , I cannot see bigger bus than minifigure scale.Lego needs pattern, every vehicle has its own scale.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,203
    Given that lego passenger trains normally only seat about 5-6 people, I doubt the bus would fit many more than that.
    Bumblepants
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    SMC said:
    ^ I was just about to say don't be silly it can't be minifigure scale. But thinking about it these buses are 5 people wide so that would be a big bus. Imagine if we did get a true minifigure scale bus with 70 seats that would be amazing.
    A minifig scale bus would be 7 studs wide... figs are soooo fat! Larger scale (not as large as Mini etc) seems about right. Should be a nice model.
    ^ A wall, two seats, a gap, two seats, a wall. I make that about 20 studs wide.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
    So, would the #10220 VW Van be an Advanced Model but not classified as Creator Expert? Or was that before the Creator Expert label was started?
    So, would the #10220 VW Van be an Advanced Model but not classified as Creator Expert? Or was that before the Creator Expert label was started?
    It was released before the Creator Expert branding. 
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    Lego seems to be giving us more bricks for our buck lately so this might end up being the same size as previous vehicles. 
  • ARo2891ARo2891 MAMember Posts: 114
    Will 100% be swapping out red for purple and modding a bit for a large scale Knight Bus!!
    mampepinBillyBricks84ricecakecatwrangler
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 973
    Recce said:
    If TLG is coming out with a London Bus surely the Ideas one will be rejected? Is it the GBHQ fiasco all over again? 
    Fiasco?
    Please Explain?
    And I'm doing so, please explain factually as there is a metric shit ton of false information out there regarding this ...
    dougts
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    Lego seems to be giving us more bricks for our buck lately so this might end up being the same size as previous vehicles. 
    More smaller bricks for the buck, not more mass
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,337
    Recce said:
    One really can't 'claim' something as iconic as a London Bus.  I think Lego was treading as lightly as possible with the GBHQ, but their product development stretches back years.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAWilliam_TownsleydrdavewatfordLyichir
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 305
    Important question: do we know if it's the old fashioned routemaster or the newer one?
    77ncaachampscatwrangler
    edited June 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Recce said:
    One really can't 'claim' something as iconic as a London Bus.  I think Lego was treading as lightly as possible with the GBHQ, but their product development stretches back quite a while with the sets ORIGINAL AFOL designer who, being both a gentleman and signatory of a NDA with TLG, chose not to get into an Internet shitfight with a loudmouth who copied part of an earlier IDEAs submission, claimed a design as his own and chose to whine as loudly and far as possible when he didn't get what he didn't deserve.

Figured I'd fix that for you ....
    ^ That's more of an editorial.  But, agreed.
    pharmjodLyichir
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,099
    edited June 2017
    @Ayliffe According to Hoth Bricks it's a model of the AEC Routemaster, so the old one.

Bus 9 (Hammersmith Bus Station to Aldwych), with a Union Jack and  Explore London banner on the side.

More detailed description in yesterday's Hoth Bricks article (in French, no pictures): https://www.hothbricks.com/prochain-set-lego-creator-expert-bus-a-imperiale-10258/
    Pas de picturés? Merde!
    BumblepantsOnebricktoomanyLego_Starkhmellymel
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    SMC said:
    ^ A wall, two seats, a gap, two seats, a wall. I make that about 20 studs wide.
    I mean scaled to the height of the figure.
    Recce said:
    Fiasco?
    Please Explain?
    And I'm doing so, please explain factually as there is a metric shit ton of false information out there regarding this ...
    If you don't like the word "fiasco" would "hooha" be ok for you?

No shit tons of fake here, just official statements from TLG and also from the Ideas GBHQ creator. Not saying who's right or wrong, just that it created some commotion within the community.

https://brickset.com/article/17512/ghostbusters-response-by-lego-to-project-creator

http://www.swissgb.ch/my-statement-on-the-release-of-the-lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-headquarters/

And that's all from me on this, not going off topic any further.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,258
    I feel a reveal is coming within the week... 
    sid3windrAyliffenicoyagomezIceCreamClone
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,200
    the idea set has only a thousand supporters and seems pretty new. not exactly the same scenario than with the GBHQ.
    CM4S
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,423
    My dad asked me the exact same question about which bus when I told him about it. I immediately said "The old one" without a moment's hesitation. You didn't see Lego put out a VW Sharan instead of the campervan did you? Likewise with the Mini...
    sid3windrBumblepants
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,258
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,099
    edited June 2017
    @CM4S That's from the Shanghai Lego Store's July calendar?

Looks nice. 10 studs wide? Doesn't look like 14 in line with other advanced vehicles, but difficult to tell from the picture.

Making it 14 wide would probably have increased the price by a lot. (would need to make it longer as well to keep the scale)
    Would of course have made it look better when putting next to the other Creator vehicles.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,942
    Hmm, if that's it, then I'm actually a bit disappointed :(
    SumoLego
    Agreed - it should be closer in scale to the other Creator vehicles.
    FINALLY!
    I am so excited (for an exclusive I'm only to happy to let pass me by).
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    Unfortunately it's very underwhelming :/
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 305
    Looks nice, but after seeing the Ninjago City modular the other day... ehhhh, I'm not feeling it. Will probably end up giving it a miss for the moment in favour of said Ninjago modular.
    CM4Sbandit778gmonkey76
    edited June 2017
    Yea, that's not going on the wishlist then...
    SumoLego said:
    Agreed - it should be closer in scale to the other Creator vehicles.
    Difficult to be in scale with other Creator vechicles. As the bus is more than twice the length of the Beetle it will be very big and too costly.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,942
    I do, however, like that the destination of the London bus is Brickston :)
    LostInTranslation
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 86
    Dimensions: 18x34x13cms
    1680 pieces
    stlux
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    Well i like it.  :)
    nicoyagomezdrdavewatfordadiemcLego_StardavetheoxygenmanSeanTheCollectorSumoLego
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,061
    Weird. 10 studs is only 8cm. Do the side mirrors stick out 2.5cm on each side?
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    For $120, Saturn v sounds like a much better model to get.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,200
    is it a lego city model?
    Jern92
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 264
    This is pretty bad - I've admired the other Expert vehicles, but this one is so out of scale....
    More money I can save for this year's other releases.
    sid3windr
    Hmm, if they'd made it a little smaller still it would have gone well in my city with the modulars, maybe... :)
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    It does seem to have those curved pieces from the VW Beetle at the back which means a red Beetle will now be possible. :)
    Mynattsid3windrstevecook132