Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

VIP Keychain is back?!

BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,467
So this briefly loads on [email protected] USA:

It disappears and there are only 2 buttons once the page fully loads. I had to hit 'prt sc' really fast to capture this. Perhaps once it recognizes me as a VIP member it takes that banner away or perhaps just another goofy [email protected] website misadventure?

Makes me wonder if it is worth registering a family member to get one, these were hugely divisive when they came out 3-4 years ago and only some VIP members got one.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,203
    Remember before they were a random (or were they?) giveaway, rather than a freebie with order.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,467
    CCC said:
    Remember before they were a random (or were they?) giveaway, rather than a freebie with order.
    Right, I think I got one and traded it to someone on here as keychains aren't really my thing. Could still cause a stir from 'I have been a VIP for X years, why do only new people get incentives' types.
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    I was going to order some more stuff anyways so I just registered my wife as a VIP and I got an email about 20 minutes later with a promo code for the key chain. 
    Bumblepantskhmellymel
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,310
    No keychain on the site in BE ... :o
  • tcctcc Washington, DCMember Posts: 68
    @carnage717 Were you able to use the code on your account? Or did you have to order under her account?
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I think it mean "When you "become" a VIP Member"  but not for existing member?
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 775
    The way this works is that once you register a brand new card (as a brand new member with no previous accounts) you get sent the keychain (it might be with a code you have to submit on your next transaction). Apparently it can also be redeemed at your local Lego store too, though I'm not sure how they verify that.

So, no, current VIP members are not eligible.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    Penkid11 said:
    The way this works is that once you register a brand new card (as a brand new member with no previous accounts) you get sent the keychain (it might be with a code you have to submit on your next transaction). Apparently it can also be redeemed at your local Lego store too, though I'm not sure how they verify that.

So, no, current VIP members are not eligible.
    If this is how it works can't anyone just make a new VIP with a new email and make a tiny purchase?
    CM4S
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 85
    The fine print even says if an existing member creates a new account to get the freebie they will cancel BOTH accounts. Considering I have over $300 worth of points, it would be a big hit.
    sid3windrCM4SPenkid11
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    if you are suspected of doing this then your primary account and your new account can be banned/locked. notice the key word suspected, they don't even have to prove it, only think that is what you did.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    That sucks then. Totally want a keychain
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    just ask a family member (at a different residence) to start an account and place an order for you. it would take something obvious for them to flag it (same street address, or same account holder names)
    Kerre
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    So, like every other store/service, to the people that have been spending tons of money on their product.. nothing? Didn't get a 'thank you' gift for one of these a few years ago, and not cannot get it again.. thanks LEGO, sometimes, you really know how to make people feel welcome sometimes.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,234
    edited June 2017
    I've been so good to the girl that is LEGO, invested so much into that relationship over the last decade. She broke my heart a few years ago when she told me I wasn't a very important person, but rather so many others were. She never told me why.... what her reasoning was for ripping my heart in two while bestowing gifts upon others. It felt so random, so brash... which made it all the more hurtful. I was tossed aside without a care like a brick separator from a new set. Treated as if I was no better than a  M***B***k. I shed many a tear that year.

And just when I was getting over it, she has come back to slap me in the face yet again. This is truly the nightmare that I will never wake from...
    SumoLegobrickventures
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,820
    You like it rough
    CM4SSumoLego
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,376
    Any sign of these in the UK?
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 309
    I gotta admit reading the last 3 comments in succession. It's reads out like a sitcom with the goofball friend chiming in "any sign of these in the uk"
    eanairsid3windrpharmjodgmonkey76Jackad7
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,820
    This is the Seinfeld forum don't ya know
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,337
    pharmjod said:
    Is that why @Pitfall69 is @Legoboy's butler?  And why I owe @Bumblepants a nice dinner at Mendy's?
    gmonkey76pharmjod
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,467
    SumoLego said:
    pharmjod said:
    Is that why @Pitfall69 is @Legoboy's butler?  And why I owe @Bumblepants a nice dinner at Mendy's?
    It is excruciating to not respond with a meme to this. Ah well. Just imagine it.
    SumoLegogmonkey76stluxpharmjodJackad7
    @Bumblepants - it is excruciating.  

I'm waiting to see if the Forum Fuzz doth protesteth too much about Goldchains posting an actual meme over in the UCS MF thread, or if I'll be reprimanded for posting a hamster photo.  

It really clutters up all of the babbling about what some guy heard on another forum from someone with knowledge close to the source...

gmonkey76stluxpharmjod
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,423
    So, like every other store/service, to the people that have been spending tons of money on their product.. nothing? Didn't get a 'thank you' gift for one of these a few years ago, and not cannot get it again.. thanks LEGO, sometimes, you really know how to make people feel welcome sometimes.
    I understand the frustration, especially your ID is "madforLEGO" but that's what the promotions are for.

(You spend the money and get a promotional set/poly, which you could eventually sell to recoup some of the money you spent.)
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 238
    Lego always have gifts with purchases. As I understand it is just one $4.99 key chain. To me that seems to be not a big deal. 
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,376
    mh3490 said:
    I gotta admit reading the last 3 comments in succession. It's reads out like a sitcom with the goofball friend chiming in "any sign of these in the uk"
    Is that a yes to the uk then?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    I understand the frustration, especially your ID is "madforLEGO" but that's what the promotions are for.

(You spend the money and get a promotional set/poly, which you could eventually sell to recoup some of the money you spent.)
    I'm just tired of promos for all sorts of goods/services, but only if you are new customer, with loyal customers-loyally paying for their product may I add- getting the shaft.  It starts with a key chain, then what? Small promo sets only for those who join VIP? Automatic 100 points for only those who join VIP?
    BumblepantsMattDawsongmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 396
    edited July 2017
    While checking for any decent "Solden/Soldes" offers on [email protected] for BE/FR - nothing interesting as feared - this caught my eye:

Seems the keychain offer has started in Europe as well. New VIPs only as in the US.

Edit: The message and link are also visible when you set your region to UK. 

• MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    edited July 2017
    Boo! Seems like a real downer for those who are already VIPs - some of us joined with NO promo at all... :(
    OnebricktoomanyJackad7
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,310
    I think that's likely "most of us" ... isn't it?
    Onebricktoomany
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,942
    I didn't get any freebies when I joined, either, but I did get one of these keyrings randomly later on for Valentine's Day. (Are they the same?)
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,381
    ^and if they are what does it do to the trade/resale value of it.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,405

I'm just tired of promos for all sorts of goods/services, but only if you are new customer, with loyal customers-loyally paying for their product may I add- getting the shaft.  It starts with a key chain, then what? Small promo sets only for those who join VIP? Automatic 100 points for only those who join VIP?
    At least LEGO is not an American cable TV company. You'd get to buy your first set at a reasonable price, but also have to buy several random sets of their choosing. Subsequent sets would cost 3x retail and require purchase of a minimum of 3 MegaBlocks sets with every purchase.
    OnebricktoomanySumoLego
    Do I atleast get ten CDs for a penny?
    davetheoxygenmangmonkey76
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611

Finally got my hands on one! Interestingly they came protected with some tissue paper.

Ugh.  Yellow tag!
    SprinkleOtterCM4SAdzbadboy
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 309
    Dug mine out of hiding, received it for Valentine's day a few years ago has a white tag so it is interesting to see there is a difference between the ones from a few years back