Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

June Monthly Building Competition Summertime Fun

Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
edited May 2017 in Building and Techniques
Since summer starts here in the US this month I thought that it would be a good idea to make this month's competition summertime themed. Build your favorite summertime scene or activity that you enjoy doing in the summer. It could be a simple park scene or even a school's out theme. Rules: no larger than a 32x32 baseplate. Only to 2/3 pictures per entry so the thread doesn't take forever to load. Winner will receive a small set as a prize!  Good luck and happy building! 
khmellymelbandit778BumblepantsTheOriginalSimonBstluxGothamConstructionCoSalamalexsnowhitiericecakeLegopantsBillyBricks84GallardoLUcatwranglerRogerKirkIceCreamClonevizzitor

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,172
    That is one unruly lawn :)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    It is the kind of yard you find might a lost sofa in or a truck on cinder blocks hiding in the kudzu.
    Bricklover18SprinkleOtterGoldchains
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Looks like you've got some creeping buttercup going on there! (I'm so glad I wasn't the one who dealt with that in our garden...)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,172
    It is the kind of yard you find might a lost sofa in or a truck on cinder blocks hiding in the kudzu.
    So I take it you're from the "South" of Bulgaria :-)
    So I take it you're from the "South" of Bulgaria :-)
    I am a Texan, just bounce around the world for work.
    Hey, y'all make stuff! It's​ going to be super lame when I host next month and there are no entries...
    Bricklover18stluxvizzitor
  • rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I have a build that's ready to post but it needs a little something before I'll be happy with it. What about everyone else?
    BumblepantsBricklover18vizzitor
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,780
    I've got a plan and some time to build coming up.
    BumblepantsBricklover18
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,244
    I'm in the middle of clearing my study prior to redecorating and getting new shelving in (glass covered display space, yay!) so all my lego is currently boxed up and scattered across the house, but I plan to find some of it again soon...
    vizzitor
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 216
    I'm in a similar boat. I had an idea of something to submit but had to bag up all my parts and they're now taunting me in the boxes around my apartment before I move out.

Basically, the dog ate my homework...or something.

I should have much more space to spread out my stuff in a new place and begin building again.

Sorry to anyone opening this thread because of the new posts, expecting to see a few MOCs and instead seeing an excuse.

^i really like your waves technique. Looks great!
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,244
    I spy buried treasure...
    SprinkleOtter
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,119
    I have something ready, but it's too large for my (small) light box. (But at 27x32 it still qualifies!)

So in the next 2 weeks I will either learn how to fix backgrounds in GIMP, or buy a bigger light box ;)
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I just came across this. This would have been a fun competition. I'll have to wait to check back in July since I only have a few days left and no time to enter.

Fun entries everyone.
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254

This is what I've been doing practically all summer. Compared to the actual game, this is quite crowded. As an added bonus, try to guess the game!
    snowhitieBricklover18khmellymelstarwars4evercatwranglerBumblepantsIceCreamClone
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    Shall we vote for a winner or should I just choose the one with the most likes? 
    SprinkleOtter
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,780
    It's up to you, feel free to choose a winner based on the most likes or the one you like best (for whichever reason) or you could organise a vote if you fancy. It's totally your choice.
    SprinkleOtter
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    After careful consideration the winner is @Bumblepants ! Please pm me your address and a link to your wanted list! 
    stluxsnowhitiericecakeBumblepantsLostInTranslationTheOriginalSimonBGothamConstructionCoLegopants
    A Great Vehicles Pizza Van arrived today from @Bricklover18! A very generous prize and one I had been really wanting! Thanks so much!
    snowhitiestluxLegopantsFowlerBricksricecakerdflegoBricklover18catwrangler