Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Limited Edition Zavvi Lego ZBOX

Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
Info being released tomorrow at this link : 

http://woobox.com/wiqk9b/ixyu13

Hope this is the right thread...

Comments

• TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,474
    What is a zbox???
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,218
    Monthly subscription mystery box 
    So you would have to subscribe for 3 months to get it?
    My other half did a one off one for me a while ago when the theme was back to the future - they have a single month option but you have to cancel it as it's a one month auto renewing subscription (or at least that's how it worked about 2 years ago)
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,298
    What sort of stuff do you think will be in it? My wife does crafting ones and gets some cool little bits.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
    I think this is a one off. They've done a few of those recently - Buffy and Guardians
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    will this have any exlcusive stuff
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,232
    I've done "one off" zbox and loot crate as tests and find them both a little meh - some items are not bad but others are pretty terrible, so for the overall money I don't find it worth it. (Also I say one off in quotes because I found Zavvi hard to cancel, I ended up getting the next months box too - but perhaps I was too close to the bill date cut off or something). 

I might be interested in a Lego one though, if they release enough info about the contents.  I know they won't say exactly what's in the box but if they say something like, "All genuine Lego items" I wouldn't mind chancing it - the unknown is fun (even if half the box ends up being, like, stickers and not bricks or something, knowing these box subs).  I get Birchbox on most months and its almost like I just enjoy opening it - it's like it's a small birthday surprise box with things you like, but like most gifts you may or may not use!
    catwrangler
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,790
    Didn't sign up because it insisted on a phone number and I'm sick of spam calls, but I'm really curious about this. I'm a big subscription box window shopper what with all the review blogs out there, but I've yet to see a Lego one I'd feel confident in getting...
    Just seen on Facebook that code "FB5" gets you £5 off of your first order...
    catwranglerMuftak1paul_merton
    When would you have to subscribe to get the lego zbox? Would i get it if i subscribed now or would i get the june one, which is "villians"?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    I don't see any good reason to subscribe to these sorts of things. I would rather spend money on the actual items I want. It seems akin to buying a lottery ticket with the only possible good prize being 'hopefully not too much rubbish'.
    sid3windrAdzbadboyLuLegoMynatt
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806

dragon114 said:

will this have any exlcusive stuff

I doubt it. Probably polys and posters from other recent promos. No doubt there is still a lot of TLBM promotional materials ready to be given away.
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 547

TheFew said:

When would you have to subscribe to get the lego zbox? Would i get it if i subscribed now or would i get the june one, which is "villians"?

I'm just speculating, but it looks to me that this could be a one-off and not part of the regular subscription.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
    Yeah, I've never had one of these things before, but it sounds to me like it's a one-off. I hope it is!
    So 6 to 7 items. One new item. £29.99 and above discount code does not work.... hmm not sure it is worth the risk

I can't see a link to it yet :(
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 158
    edited May 2017
    This url worked for my order just now.
    {linked removed, reposted below}
    bulbathor
    Thanks, worked for me too :)  I wonder how long they'll be available if there's a limit of 800 boxes...
    Oh well. Ordered one. If rubbish i will return it.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,452
    Link for ZBox with my affiliate tracking code in it:

https://www.awin1.com/cread.php?s=1009821&v=2549&q=315841&r=104380
    Shibbandit778snowhitie

Huw said:

Link for ZBox with my affiliate tracking code in it:

https://www.awin1.com/cread.php?s=1009821&v=2549&q=315841&r=104380

What does the affliate code do?
    Funds Brickset 

Shib said:

Funds Brickset 

Ah ok. Shame i ordered already :-(
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    I feel obligated to tag @just2good as he's been reviewing lego subscription boxes lately.
    catwrangler
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,626
    I want to know: what's in the box??? Why would I buy it if I have no idea what the heck is inside?
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,706
    Sold Out
    Now it is sold out, how about some speculation as to what it contains.

I reckon:
    A City polybag, probably a police minifigure - helicopter or stinger (the new item), worth £5.99
    A T-shirt (given), probably for a 10-14 year old, worth £18.99
    A TLBM poster (the same/similar to the newspaper giveaway), worth £3.99
    A TLBM junior readers type book, worth £6.99
    A keychain, worth £3.99
    A promotional postcard, worth £1.99

Bumblepantscatwrangler
    The tshirt will more than likely be s t-fury/qwertee type rather than a licences by LEGO one - when ordering you specify there size you want so can't just be something that would only fit a child.
    the rest you probably aren't far off 

CCC said:

Now it is sold out, how about some speculation as to what it contains.

I reckon:
    A City polybag, probably a police minifigure - helicopter or stinger (the new item), worth £5.99
    A T-shirt (given), probably for a 10-14 year old, worth £18.99
    A TLBM poster (the same/similar to the newspaper giveaway), worth £3.99
    A TLBM junior readers type book, worth £6.99
    A keychain, worth £3.99
    A promotional postcard, worth £1.99

Aww.... i was hoping for a Saturn V. 

Might have to return mine :-)
    ^^ Ah, OK, so at least the T-shirt should fit the new owner, but yes I meant to put not an official lego one.
    I also wouldn't be surprised if it contained one of the less popular Dimensions fun packs (those that have been regularly available for £5)

typically the mystery boxes like to me to state that you are getting the items at around half RRP - so a £15 RRP in the Dimensions set helps to boost the % discount of some other items.

I was tempted to buy one, but I've had a couple of mystery boxes in the past and generally when I've gone through he items properly they just about break even at giving me the price I paid worth of stuff I'd actually keep - meaning that the items I keep are around RRP to the price I paid.

Considering this didn't have anything claiming an exclusive item the decision not to buy was easy, chances are anything I want from the box could be gotten elsewhere for less than the total. I might be proven wrong when people get their box and post the content, but until then I'm fine having not bothered.
    catwrangler
    I agree with everything being said, but I bought one anyway.
    MaffyDdrdavewatfordpaul_mertonmklegodmcc0catwrangler
    Maybe when the boxes arrive in a month's time we'll have forgotten how much we paid for them and all will be good.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    I didn't buy, but want to see pics when this is all done from those that did. 
    Anyone received these yet?
    Mine is still processing, never found zavvi that good at actually sending stuff.
    Pretty sure their webpage said 26 June whenever I checked previously, but now it doesn't mention a date at all... ominous! :)
  • bulbathorbulbathor UKMember Posts: 45
    Mine is showing as awaiting stock, with an estimated delivery of yesterday... but like SMC I've always found zavvi a bit slow to dispatch
    Just checked mine.. processing 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,855
    I haven't even ordered but I'm curious now too :) you guys are good at creating excitement!
  • mklegomklego Member Posts: 102
    Had an email apologising for not having sent it, so who knows if we'll ever get them! Wouldn't be the first time Zavvi cancelled an order many weeks after accepting it...
    mklego said:
    Had an email apologising for not having sent it, so who knows if we'll ever get them! Wouldn't be the first time Zavvi cancelled an order many weeks after accepting it...
    May be a blessing in disguise, depending on what is in the box.
    I have one of those emails now too!
    obi_g
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
    Same email...
    I sent them an e-mail yesterday as the delivery date hadn't been updated, they got back pretty quickly to say they'd had a late delivery and the box should be shipped within 48 hours
    TheFew
    Today's email from zavvi says they are still working on my order...
  • mklegomklego Member Posts: 102
    ^ same
    I have the same email but they have just taken money and royal mail are delivering something today?
    TheFew
    I have an e-mail confirming dispatch with tracking number, delivery expected on Tuesday...
    TheFew