Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Does a piece like this even exist?

So after 2-plus years I am finally working on my LEGO room in the basement. I am wanting to mount plates on the wall for minifigs. For them, I am looking for a piece, sort of a "j" shape, that will come out perpendicular from the wall/plate with studs facing up for the minifig to stand on. Ideally it will be 2 studs wide.

I have scoured BrickLink, looking thorugh all the slopes, inverted pieces, and whatnot. Only having ordered individual pieces a few times, I'm sure I am missing something. If my skills were up to par I'd include, at a minimum, a poorly executed MS Paint 'sketch' of what I am wanting to accomplish, but hopefully the below sort of illustrates it:

|         _n_ 
|         |   |
|        /  /
|____/   /
|______/
|

Any pieces like he above?

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,272

hopefully the below sort of illustrates it:

|         _n_ 
    |         |   |
    |        /  /
    |____/   /
    |______/
    |

Well that definitely illustrates... something.

To try and actually be helpful, you could use two of:

Lego Brick Arch 1 x 3 x 2 Curved Top

And then one of:

Part No 99781  Name Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 2

Which would give you the J shape with studs facing up that you are trying to accomplish.

Hope that helps!

datsunrobbieSumoLegoricecakemadforLEGOJackad7sid3windrJern92stluxcatwrangler
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,483
    On my "sorting board" for minifigures, I just used 1x2 bricks and just stick the minifigures on them, using the holes on the backs of the legs. The second part @samiam391 mentioned will make the 90 degree turn needed for minifigures that don't have standard legs. (Thank you, @samiam391, that had not occurred to me until you posted it)

The closest I can figure out to match your picture would require 2 1x2 bricks and 2 part 3937 and 2  part 3938 to make the angles. 

https://brickset.com/parts/design-3938
    https://brickset.com/parts/393701/rocker-bearing-1x2
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,173
    edited May 2017
    samiam391 said:
    Well that definitely illustrates... something.

Tread lightly, my friend.  (No sausage jokes!)
    gmonkey76Bumblepantssid3windrJern92catwrangler
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    You can achieve something similar with many SNOT bricks and brackets. 
  • weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61
    Oh wow, I never thought about how that terrible ascii representation looked. I'm quite embarrassed now...

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. The reason for looking at a "J" shape is for those figures that have backpacks or capes, or for the figures (usually female) that have 'dresses' that are 2x2 in size. This fits samiam391's suggestion.

However, I know I have several of the pieces that datsunrobbie mentioned. I could definitely be more compact with those.

I'll give both a go and see what works best.