Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Winter toy shop - wrong minifig heads?

MisterBiscuitsMisterBiscuits Member Posts: 3
edited December 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Just building the winter toy shop and I've noticed that my copy appears to have different heads for two female figs compared to those shown on the box and in the brickset database (the two not in the choir).

I've attached a photo with the heads from the set (hope it works, and apologies for the quality), firstly to give an opportunity for people to tell me I'm going mad and secondly to ask if others had come across this happening before?

Comments

• purple_hazepurple_haze Member Posts: 96
    Mine are different from the instructions as well, they look the same as yours @misterbiscuits
  • Rollo_TomassiRollo_Tomassi Member Posts: 113
    Same here. Also, my 'snowball throwing' kid doesn't have the big mouth on him. He has the face with the smirk.
  • MisterBiscuitsMisterBiscuits Member Posts: 3
    ^ isn't the snowball kid a double-sided print - smirk on one side, big open mouth on the other?
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 987
    I noticed this too when I built my Toy Shop before Christmas. I went onto Eurobricks and had a look at various reviews of the set, and I noticed that a review from 2009 (when it was released first) had the same minifigure heads for those two characters as the box art. However, a more recent review (can't remember if it was 2010 or 2011) showed the set as having those heads which you have shown above.

So at some point over the year, between 10199's initial release and when it was brought back for the following season, TLG must have changed the heads for those characters but not altered the box art. At least that's my educated guess, anyway.
  • purple_hazepurple_haze Member Posts: 96
    ^ My thoughts exactly.