The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

Lego display case Star Wars 7143 Jedi Starfighter en 7153 Jango Fett's Slave I

Hello Everyone!

I have a question. I have a few display cases from lego stores. I tried to look them up online, but quickly found out they might be rarer than I thought.
One of those displays is this display:

Note the above case has glass, not plastic. It also has a mirror at the back and a built-in LED light with a wire that goes into a power outlet. I got this set from a moving Top-1-Toys toy shop in my town and can thus testify it is from a store.

I've done some searches and I just can't find it anywhere. It's not on Bricklink. I can't find it on ebay, eurobricks or google. Is this thing unique? The closest I've found was this:

Gerelateerde afbeelding
Note the plastic asteroids and overall lower quality of that version.

Has anyone ever encountered my display before? What would it be worth?
SumoLegoIceCreamCloneFowlerBricks

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 10,323
    I know someone that has hundreds of displays like this.  Because it is SW, you can probably find a buyer, but setting a price is really difficult.  

Shipping is a huge factor as well.

The one you have is considerably nicer than the regular TRU, Target or Wal-Mart display.

Good luck!
  • dutchlegofan50dutchlegofan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 170
    On the back there is usually a plate or sticker with a number on it. Have you tried that number on Bricklink?
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 396
    edited May 2017
    There is a good website on Star Wars display cases which I use as a base line, and the one you have is pictured is listed on it:

http://www.raumhafen.de/galerie/lego_displays/index.html

There is also a rare rating and more details on the display. The earlier ones like you have are more in demand.

The website also shows the US and EU variations, which are interesting. US tends to be plexiglass, and EU plastic. I have purchased some of the larger US ones, and the postage is just as much as the item, and then of course is the 20% import duty.. But they are so much bigger and better it's well worth it..

Also I have purchased some from Germany.. The majority have arrived with no issues.. But some nice ones have also arrived broken.. And if it's a private sale then good luck trying to get a parcel refund, DHL only insures the item up to leaving Germany, and Parcel Force in the UK tells you that the sender in Germany has to contact them to make a claim, as a receiver you cannot do anything..