Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Fidget Spinners. Fan versions.

MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
Most of you have seen the article on the main page about Fidget Spinners, here. I have not yet made one myself, but please post your pictures of your own here!  Shout out to @ZG Brickfilms for the idea. 
prevereIceCreamClonesnowhitie

Comments

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    Much rather make one for my daughter with 2 cent parts than buy one at the store!
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Here's ours:  http://shop.constructibles.net/constructibles-fidget-spinner-lego-parts-instructions-kit/

You can download the instructions for free.
  • koshkakoshka UK/SwedenMember Posts: 193
    Just tried the official non-Technic version. It seems a bit slow because of the friction created from holding it. It ran much faster when we put it on a baseplate on a tabletop (the engines appear to merge). My son's just started experimenting with some Technic versions from YouTube and they run faster but the length of the arms seems be to be a problem for smaller hands. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,551
    Before the spinner craze, I made myself a top while playing around with the game dice pieces. Game die is at the center; white minifig head is the pivot point on bottom.

ricecakekoshkaClutchPowercatwranglerMorkMansnowhitie
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    I'm not convinced this fad will have much staying power. Kids move on to other things so quickly nowadays.
    In my day it was yoyos. They came and went a few times. 
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    MorkMan said:
    I'm not convinced this fad will have much staying power. Kids move on to other things so quickly nowadays.
    Kendamas...fidget spinners..._____(insert next fad)_____
    ^ Learned something new today. Never heard of a kendama before.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    Agreed, @77ncaachamps. It was Wacky Wall Walkers when I was a kid. Then Tamagachis. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,187
    My local Lego Retail Store had a variety of spinarooni contraptions made from PaB pieces.  None of them worked particularly well.

Consensus was Technic pieces would be necessary to get a smoothly-working spinarooni.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,957
    I wonder how well this could be translated to LEGO

MorkMan
    That looks like.....ouch!
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,957
    Or a slightly simpler one.

• ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Not mine and I didn't build it, but the gears on it reminds me of this one that someone else built:
    http://mecabricks.com/en/models/LGVjKGynjnz