Merry Christmas

stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
edited December 2011 in Forum Operation
Please move this if it isn't in the right place.

Just a wee note to say Merry Xmas to all my fellow AFOLs. This has been a big year for me from a Lego point of view. I finally plucked up the courage (mainly thanks to Warren) to go to a meet. I have more belief in my MOC's. So all in all life is good and a special thanks to all the guys and galls on here (especially you admins) who have made my hobby more fun than it already was.

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Merry Christmas to you too, and to all my fellow Bricksetters !

It's my first year out of my dark ages and has been a brilliant one, thanks in no small part to this site and the friends I've made here. Thanks guys :) Roll on 2012 !
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    ^ Ba.....Humbug!
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    mmm, humbugs...

Merry Christmas one and all!
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,312
    I think we've all had a great lego year! The best part is definitely making new friends!

Merry Christmas!
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you and your family's have a wonderful Christmas and hope 2012 is a magical year for one and all.
    This has been my first year out of the dark ages too really, so the fact that my loft is half full of Lego boxes in such a short period of time explains why my credit card is through the roof. I personally will be having a sensible period at the start of 2012, the new sets all look great but I have to clear debt and besides I would rather wait for the sales :)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Blessings to everyone during this holy season, whatever your faith may be. We celebrate Christmas and believe in Jesus Christ (that is the whole point of it after all, not toys), however I am grateful to live in a country where we are all able to believe whatever we wish without living in fear.

That is a wonderful gift!!!

My heart goes out to the people in the world living in places where just saying out loud "Merry Christmas" carries the risk of real physical harm. May we rid with the world of such 12th century thinking in the 21st century...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,348
    Have a Merry, and safe, Christmas everyone.
    I think this time should be a reminder to be good and kind to All during ALL times of the year, not just now.
    Also,
    Do not drink and drive.. Ensure everyone makes it home safely for the holidays!!!
  • ChompersChompers Member Posts: 650
    Indeed a very Christmas to everybody on here. Like quite a few, also my first year out of the "dark ages" and also a half full loft :)

Hope you and your families all have a great time.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Merry Christmas to all. The forum has come such a long way this year, from just @Huw and a handful of others, to the huge community that it is now. The forum is now as much a part of my life as getting up in the morning. Merry Christmas to all of you.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Merry Christmas all! Thanks for enabling me with this wonderful obsession! It all
    Started last Christmas day with the toy shop. A happy year!
  • MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    Yes! Norad says Santa is on his way to London. Yippee! Merry Christmas everyone...
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Well, its just gone midnight, just finished wrapping up my presents and just one last check on here to make sure the [email protected] sale hasnt just started!
    (just checks)
    No, it hasnt.

Anyway, Christmas is here! Happy Christmas everyone and may your day be happy, jolly and full of smiles

Im off to bed to see what the morning holds.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,256
    edited December 2011
    Merry Christmas, folks - quickly get to bed before Santa arrives or no presents for you !
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    ^ Will do! I've been very good this year (mostly) so here's hoping he's been paying attention to the pertinent bits... ;-)
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    Ooops, Santa's forgot to drop by my place. So instead, I'll go and buy something for myself. Any suggestions?

Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all ;)
    I am thankful for technology...

I am sitting at my build table with my 6 year old son, he is building 4837 and I am building 10211, I am typing this on my iPad while listing to Christmas music on Pandora (on the same iPad), so I get to spend time with my son while refreshing this every 15 min or so to catch any Lego surprises...

The Christmas tree is beautiful, it is a peaceful night, just wanted to share... :)

Merry Christmas...
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Happy holidays, bricksetters!

As others have already said, I am pleased and thankful for the strong community we have forged in such a short time, and am appreciative of how it has enhanced LEGO as a hobby for me. So thanks to all of you for that!
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Happy holidays and Merry Christmas fellow bricksetters!

Been a good year with respect to LEGO, and lets hope 2012 is as magical. First time in this Forum and I kinda regret joining in so late, but better late then never.

Have a good one everyone.
  • Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 211
    Happy Festivus everybody! Two small boxes of plastic bricks for me - and a date with my laptop for midnight tonight!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    edited December 2011
    I still haven't managed to build my Winter Village - a job for Boxing day, and then Dec 1st next year I hope...
    I'm now getting grief from my extended family for being on the computer, so I'd better run...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Happy holidays bricksetters!

Next year I'd like to propose doing a holiday gift exchange with our Brickset community. Basically have one person be the organizer (I can volunteer next year), and have everyone who wants to participate send your name, address, email, and optional wish list to the organizer. That person randomly assigns exchangers and emails them their info. Gifts should be in the $10-$20 range, and should typically be something you'd enjoy receiving in return (e.g., don't dump your $5 clearance Zurg to someone).

I participated in this for the first time on Bricklink this year. A lot of people do little MOCs. Here what I received this year from my exchanger. I had asked for something in the cowboy/western theme. I was thrilled when I opened it.

Here's the thread on Bricklink for ideas on what others received:
    http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=592050

What do you think? Would people be interested in this?
    That is a pretty cool MOC, wish I was that creative... but I'm not...

I'm expert at following directions and computing numbers, I suck at creative stuff. :)

Oh well...

Merry Christmas anyway!
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    Ah, Christmas has just ended in the Far East. Now we've got a little left until the new year.
  • bor2112bor2112 Member Posts: 289

@sidersdd I love the idea and would love to participate...do we have to wait until Christmas?!?
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ heh-heh. I guess a variation on this could be some sort of birthday exchange. Send the organizer all that info from above plus your birthday, and the organizer could assign individuals to send a gift on a person's birthday. :)