Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

When will the LEGO [email protected] Christmas Sale Begin?

123457»

Comments

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Received my shipment notification today although I didn't order any pyramids :P Also received shipment notifications from FAO and Amazon at the same time.

Went to Lego store #4 today. Picked up the 4 Tantives they had. They also had a bunch of Obi's but at $75?!?! They had all the Kingdom stuff in and on sale except for the big castle which was regular price. All the Friends stuff was out as well and then all of a sudden they rushed out from the back room and took it all down. Still lots of Xmas sets.

Went back to Lego store #2 as well today and scored an AT-AT at clearance. Apparently some less enlightened individual returned a couple earlier. I freaked out at first as I thought maybe they had a pile of them as it was prominently on display in the middle of the store. Picked up three more Obi's for the heck of it.

Although I don't expect anything new from Lego store #2 today, (although they are known to slowly restock at times from the back), I just have this itch to go back tonight after work and check it out. Who knows, maybe I can score a return or two :P

So now I'm debating whether or not to head out to stores 6 & 7 tomorrow and see what they have (5 is in the opposite direction). I scheduled myself some free time this week anyway since my two boys still have this week off. Guess I'm talking myself into it as I type this now.

So, is it a blessing or curse that I live in the middle of 7 Lego stores?
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Blessing. I will live vicariously through you. :)
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    @canon03.

"Still seems as though their inventory system should be 'smart' enough to stop taking orders when supply is depleted."

"Should" is the operative word on being "smart." Apparently, according to their status page, my winter toy shop has been in process since June. Maybe...I certainly haven't yet opened this set, now lying in my extra bedroom. :D
  • WindfieldWindfield USAMember Posts: 33
    I went to NYC Lego store yesterday and they had sw advent calendars for $21.99. Other than that, no great deals. Very dissappointing.....
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,091
    Received my Ramses sets today. Still in the delivery boxes in the garage. Some point today my wife is gonna go in the garage and freak out.
  • louislegolouislego Member Posts: 17
    Received my Ramses sets today. Still in the delivery boxes in the garage. Some point today my wife is gonna go in the garage and freak out.
    I'm assuming you ordered 99? Or 198?
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,091
    @louislego In between...115.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    edited December 2011
    Wow 7 stores, that's crazy. I only have 3 that are about an hour drive each. I just expected the others to mostly be out of stock of the items I wanted so I only went to one. Guess I should have gone to the rest.

@LegoFanTexas Really, opening a 10030? I wish I just saw what your collection looked like.
  • louislegolouislego Member Posts: 17
    Looks like the sale is over? all the prices have reverted to pre-Christmas levels. Weird. I think they meant to lower prices, but messed up.
    Must have just happened at midnight EST as I just checked previously.
    Was planning on hitting up the Lego Stores again on Monday/Tuesday when they get their new shipments in. Hopefully the sales will still be going on there. I tend to think they will from past experience.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited January 2012
    Is anywhere in the USA still selling the Ramses Pyramid for $4? If so, is anyone interested in helping me out? I only really need the baseplates, and I'm happy to work out a trade/PayPal. Please send me a message.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    ^ That was apparently a pricing error by TLG and has since been removed. Additionally, many orders were canceled.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^ I thought it was a bit cheap. I couldn't face reading 5 pages of posts though :o) Is the US RRP still $10 though?
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Its no longer on [email protected]
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^^ Yes, I believe that is still the new RRP. Target may still have some.