Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

When will the LEGO [email protected] Christmas Sale Begin?

Comments

• coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    We'll know everything in a few hours. No reason to panic :-)
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    It seems to me that all the discussions on the post-Christmas sale assume that the items to be discounted on [email protected] and in stores are the same. Is that assumption valid? Do the store managers have some authority in determining the sale items based on store inventory?
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    yes, they will be the same, but they may show as 'sold out' online.
  • DavidRod8DavidRod8 Member Posts: 143
    As I understand it, they are discounting (presumably to discontinue) 69 sets or so.... Out of those, we know 31 are already sold out on the website, however, some of the local stores might have some of that inventory available...

Assuming your local B&M store has the inventory available, it will be for sale at the discounted price....

So what's your strategy? I'm planning on staying up and trying to get something from that sale.... After that try to get some sleep, and then hit Walmart, Target and my local grocery store first thing in the morning. Then right at 8 be at local Lego store... then another lego store at 9, and then after that I figure I'll be hitting some walmarts/targets/barnes and noble, depending on what I hear here about the sales...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Are you hitting Walmarts and Targets for polybags - or hoping for set sales?

For those with a Meijer in reach, they should have CMFs at discount. One near me must have had 200 of them in the seasonal section.
    If the sale starts at midnight, if you switch your country to NZ or Korea, you should see the sale, but there is no sale on those sites. Right now its 1130am on Boxing Day in NZ and still they dont have a sale on.
    I'm hoping for deals on anything.. I have 2 targets and 3 walmarts within 5 miles of my house so I figure I would hit those and see what's up... Also have 2 Lego stores within one hour of my house, so Ill check them out.... Wish there was a 10% discount across the board or something... But anyways...
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    I am not sure if I always trust these sales. On many occasion, the best offers appear to be out of stock to co-incide with when the sale is live, in addition, I often wonder if people in the know just bulk buy as soon as the sale goes live, leaving the normal person with the second tier deals. Perhaps thats life...
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    I thought I read in some thread on this forum that there's going to be a sale at B&N comparable to the one on BF (50% off toys and games). So far I haven't received any email on this from bn.com. I got my SW Republic Frigate for $48 at B&N on BF, my best buy (in terms of percentage discount) this shopping season. Here's to hoping that the rumor would come true.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    I'll just remind everyone that there's also a very nice sale on New Year's...;o)
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    @Yellowcastle - Oh great, more reasons to spend money. :)

You know, at some point, one has to stop buying Lego, I think it is when you run out of places to put it! :)
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @LegoFanTexas @YellowCastle - is this a LEGO Store sale on New Years? What was it last year? Also - I agree about the space issues. But, I think that after January, deals will be few and far between. I will spend the rest of the winter/spring/summer building some sets, getting rid of some duplicate sets or sets I don't absolutely love, etc. Overall, my collection will be stronger going through processes like this.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    I'll just remind everyone that there's also a very nice sale on New Year's...;o)
    Are you referring to the one on the store calendar? Because if so, that's the same one starting tonight.
    @brickupdate - you're right, and that is what I have to remind myself from time to time, these deals won't be here come February, so the stock we buy now has to last all year, or at least until any Summer clearance deals.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 811
    you know if you check the [email protected] website for france you can view the sale items.
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    In Poland too. Nice prices! :D
    UK items.

Ok, you guys are just a tease,,, so how do I view [email protected] France? :)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    ^^ Not that they're any surprise, but we can now speak freely of the poor discounts (imo). Only the exclusives are really any good in the uk since they've not been available through Amazon at 30-40% off like the standard sets.
    If that is the list in the us, then bleah....
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    Some of the discounts in the uk are now showing up on the item's page albeit the Sales page has yet to be updated.
  • HuskerDontHuskerDont Member Posts: 32
    Pretty disappointed that the only City set on sale is the Police Dog unit. Are the sale items only for what's available on [email protected], or will any sets listed as sold out online be reduced if they are in stock at a Lego Store?
    Well, we were warned it wasn't an insane deal. For many of the best sets on the list, they are long since sold out. Even the Harry Potter stuff is nearly all gone at LEGO Stores, and certainly online. Many of the sets you will see in piles at the LEGO Store will be the same sets that have been on sale for a year now: Toy Story, Prince of Persia, Atlantis, etc.
    edited December 2011
    You can now buy any of these in the UK, if you really want to. All of these I wanted I've already secured at better discounts elsewhere, except for the Toy Shop, which there's no rush for.

I _was_ planning on going to a store in the morning, but think I'll have a nice sleep in instead.
  • SiESiE Member Posts: 238
    Wow, how bad is that. I cleared £2000 to spend tonight and Im struggling to see anything I really fancy. I already have tantive iv and obi one which has been on sale before. The only set im umming about is the hogwarts express but to be honest Im not all that bothered. =(
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    I checked the other worldwide sites and the sale percentages seem to be pretty consistent throughout the world. Most discounts are 20% with a few higher. As suspected, no big 50% off sale this year...discounts are much closer to post christmas sales in years past.
  • thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    This is my first year watching for this sale. Is their generally much available 30min after it starts? Or is it all gone in the first ten minutes?
    Western Train Chase has been <£40 in the supermarkets for the last 12 months and its still only reduced to £65.59.
    @thecleator The good stuff will be gone in the first 10 minutes online. Physical stores are usually the best bet.
    Can you really buy the mini Hogwarts Express straight up?
    I just looked at the list again... That can't be it, can it? Talk about a sad state of affairs... I suppose Lego did a better job not having tons of crap laying around, but sheesh...
    The Target clearance was much better
  • ChompersChompers Member Posts: 658
    Is the Tantive IV worth it at this price?
    what is the good stuff?

Tantive IV I guess doesnt look too bad, but still not jaw dropping.

What's wrong with offering people £30-£50 off the Super Star Destroyer?!
    I got 4 Tantive IV's last xmas for £80 each at Argos. There borderline a bargain if the are to be discontinued.
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    Chompers...my kids like the Tantive IV. If it is selling out and you want it, you should get it now.
    This sale is quite sad. I think everyone has been spoiled by all of the Buy 1 Get 1 half, Amazon sales, Target, and the Black Friday sale. I might actually go to bed early.
    Yep, I don't see a single thing worth staying up for...
    edited December 2011
    The UK sales and deals page has still not been updated
    http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Sales-And-Deals
    but everything is exactly the same as for the French sales and deals page (which has).

Have they ever done a 'double' sale?
    .. for example, if no-one buys anything this time, might they do deeper/ wider discounts at some later point?

Anyway, Im off to bed, with an unused wallet - this is way lamer than I could have ever expected, especially with a recession coming.
    Ive made an executive decision. Im not buying anything and keeping my card clear. Very dissapointed =( I just realised that even the hogwarts express price was £10 cheaper at amazon last week. Bed me thinks feeling a little deflated.
    No AT-OT with Dropship? No Imperial Flagship? Seems like they had more sale items on Black Friday, and that stuff is outright missing here.

I suppose LEGO is getting smart, and realizing they can do this in waves. To be very honest though: we have had some AMAZING sales in the past couple of months, and I have bought loads of sets. I really can't complain if this sale isn't amazing.

Also: I think Target, Wal-Mart, B&N and others will have some really good reals post-holidays. And my gut is that LEGO will cart out more sale items as they find them in their warehouses, especially at the physical stores. Last year, sale product kept arriving at stores for weeks.
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 716
    Ok the sale is disappointing is then any point in going to a store tomorrow?
    ^ Nope. The store prices would be the same as online, the only difference being that 'sold out' stuff online might be available in the store.
    is anybody actually buying anything?!

rich
  • ChompersChompers Member Posts: 658
    Have pushed the button on the Tantive IV + WVB completes the set + 7% quidco CB as for the rest, what shame. Let's see what the other retailers do

Thanks to those above for replies :)
  • AvacadoturbanAvacadoturban Member Posts: 91
    Got the Winter Village Bakery and Post Office sets (to go with the Toy Shop), and a few of the PQ battlepacks, but everything else is a complete "mince pie take". Oh well, maybe LEGO will extend their sale range with some more sets/deeper discounts ...
    Not me. Looks like I'll be spending my "LEGO sale" budget somewhere else.
  • Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 215
    ^ Probably not. So last year they disappointed us by discounting already sold out sets, this year they're just disappointing discounts.
    and to think I wasted paper printing the list... what a waste! Oh well... plenty of other places to spend my money... As many have said in here before, we have found this very same items for much better prices already... They don't pay the middle men for these sales and still can't make a decent sale... oh well...
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,741
    Nothing's showing as discounted on my browser....where are you guys seeing UK discounts ?!
    I might pop into the store tomorrow as its close to TRU and I do have £680 in coupons :) Any sales there?