Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Early release for Saturn v...

Comments

• dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 433
    My set arrived this morning from [email protected] Not bad at all, it made it here quickly considering I live on an island in the pacific. 
  • DarciDarci USAMember Posts: 14
    My set has shipped!  I ordered it @ 3AM on [email protected] on release day.  It's a Father's Day gift and it was a back order stating by June 19 so I was worried.
  • InsomniacEveInsomniacEve NYCMember Posts: 9
    My set shipped and coming on Tuesday. Very excited! Ordered on Jun 1st 1:17AM EST. It took me over an hour before I was able to place order.
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 144
    Adzbadboy said:
    I have a friend who is wondering what the box weight and dimensions are for #21309 - NASA Apollo Saturn V Saturn. I would really appreciate it if someone could check those details please.
    Per my postal scale, the box weight for a sealed set is about 2.55 kg or 5 pounds, 10 ounces.  (Sample Size: 2)

(Also, non-Metric measurements are 18.75 by 14.75 by 4.35 inches)
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,491
    Just started building. Only on step #6 and i am already shocked by the number of bricks with scratches and gouges in them.
    TheFew said:
    Just started building. Only on step #6 and i am already shocked by the number of bricks with scratches and gouges in them.
    All of the 2x2x1 bricks seem to have a scratch/gouge down one side, and various nicks at.the edges.
    TheFew said:
    TheFew said:
    All of the 2x2x1 bricks seem to have a scratch/gouge down one side, and various nicks at.the edges.
    All of the 1x2 green cheese slopes also have a similar scratch on their front face :-(
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,423
    I would say, if it is that bad, to contact LEGO CS.
    omnium
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 900
    So, those getting this will also get the Women of NASA set? Since this doesn't come with any minifigure? 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,541
    Except you'll have to shrink the women of NASA to microfigs to match. Heat gun maybe?
    sid3windrMegtheCat
    Except you'll have to shrink the women of NASA to microfigs to match. Heat gun maybe?
    Although not to scale, some were complaining it didn't come with any minifigures at all, so I was wondering would they go get the Women of NASA as some kind of official NASA figure representation to complement this set. :)

Much like the Helicarrier, TLG should have included at least 2 minfigures with a stand (a man and woman) to represent the heroes of NASA for this set.
    bluedragon
  • moolermooler MI, USAMember Posts: 29
    Darci said:
    My set has shipped!  I ordered it @ 3AM on [email protected] on release day.  It's a Father's Day gift and it was a back order stating by June 19 so I was worried.

My set shipped and coming on Tuesday. Very excited! Ordered on Jun 1st 1:17AM EST. It took me over an hour before I was able to place order.

I ordered at 11:59pm EST May 31st. I got a preorder page but was able to complete the order by 12:01am June 1st. I did not receive the Travel Set, but a quick chat with CS fixed that.  I guess technically I ordered on May 31 and I wasnt eligible for the promo. They also charged me for standard shipping. Anyways, my card showed a pending charge but I was put on backorder. Two days ago, I got the In Warehouse update but sadly, my order has not yet shipped. 
  • GoatfaceJrGoatfaceJr CaliforniaMember Posts: 5
    Is anyone else's order "Waiting for new stock"? I ordered mine around 10:30 am Pacific Time on June 1st (when it was already showing back ordered). I figure I'm in the queue, and I'm in no rush to get it, but just want to make sure I'm getting one. Or should I be stalking trucks at my friendly local LEGO stores? :-/
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,845
    ^ My local Lego shop allowed me to complete a reservation slip to snag one of the sets from the next delivery (expected Friday). 
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,957
    How did Lepin manage to release their clone of this set before LEGO released theirs?
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 272
    Backorder...
    I've heard patience is a virtue...
    Hmmm...
    How did Lepin manage to release their clone of this set before LEGO released theirs?
    Don't think they have released it, I think they just copied the box art and put it as preorder or something like that. 
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    Stopped by my local Lego Store and was shocked to find one on the shelf. Box was a bit dinged up and asked for a discount. The store employee said they had two more left in the back, one which was in pristine condition. Ended up buying that one, so they had two left. He told me they received an "emergency" shipment a few days ago of 50. Said they have been selling out like hot cakes. Glad I got lucky and was able to snag one without the wait. First non Star Wars set I have bought in a long time....and one that I will actually build. Still have the GBHQ sitting in the box.
    omnium
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Just finished bag #5 and ive had a few printed and non printed white slope pieces with the edges and corners damaged. You can't see it at a glance but if you look careful it isn't there. Not a huge deal but a bit disappointed that It wasnt picked up. 
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Onebricktoomany
  • HeliumbunnyHeliumbunny WisconsinMember Posts: 3
    Imagine the Saturn V comes with two minifigs. You get to pick who those minifigs are. Who do you pick?
    ateague said:
    Just finished bag #5 and ive had a few printed and non printed white slope pieces with the edges and corners damaged. You can't see it at a glance but if you look careful it isn't there. Not a huge deal but a bit disappointed that It wasnt picked up. 
    I have just finished bag 5 too. I have the same issue with the edges on those slopes. The wife also thinks that the white parts look more cream than white and there are a few different shades of white...
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,968
    @Legoboy
    Someone's showing there age. (Crap, so am I because I knew who you were talking about.)
    LegoboySprinkleOttermadforLEGOSumoLegoGothamConstructionCoLego_Star
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,718
    bandit778 said:
    @Legoboy
    Someone's showing there age. (Crap, so am I because I knew who you were talking about.)
    Nanu nanu. 
    bandit778SumoLegogmonkey76GothamConstructionCosnowhitieLego_Star
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,968
    edited June 2017
    shazbot

:)

That should be the next Ideas set, the flying egg.
    Legoboygmonkey76snowhitie
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 317
    Jim Lovell and Neil Armstrong 
    Heliumbunnycatwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,166
    ^ Poor Buzz Aldrin - runner-up again!
    davetheoxygenmanHeliumbunnycatwrangler
  • HeliumbunnyHeliumbunny WisconsinMember Posts: 3
    edited June 2017
    ^ It could be worse, at least he's not Michael Collins!
    SumoLego
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    mustang69dutchlegofan50
    @ateague do all of you 1x3 light bluish grey arches have scratches on the front face? Looking at my bag 6, all 16 of mine are scratched in the same spot.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    Now out of stock at [email protected] and looks like it is no longer available for purchase. Gone on TRU, Target and Walmart websites as well.

I have one that I ordered from [email protected] at 11:14 EST on June 1st. It is back-ordered and I hope they ship it eventually and not cancel it.
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    I ordered on June 1 when it was back ordered, but it shipped a few days ago and arrived today. Very pleased. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,423
    Wow, glad I ordered one right away. Though I would be surprised if LEGO is not making more.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    Someone in work had this on is desk and it's pretty impressive, not one I'll be getting but it it does look great. And big! 
    Anyway a bunch of people went over to look at it and it was mainly women who all wanted to play with it, making rocket noises even and one of them has commandeered it for her desk. Poor guy
    catwrangler
  • moolermooler MI, USAMember Posts: 29
    Just got a shipped notice!.....and a few hours later they change it to backorder. Now I'm starting to get miffed
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    ^I ordered on June 1 when it was back ordered and received mine via FedEx today. You must not be on the VIP Double secret VIP list!  They just look at my order history and a note is sent to the warehouse stating that they have to keep this fish on the line... So exceptions are made;)
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,611
    legobod said:
    Someone in work had this on is desk and it's pretty impressive, not one I'll be getting but it it does look great. And big! 
    Anyway a bunch of people went over to look at it and it was mainly women who all wanted to play with it, making rocket noises even and one of them has commandeered it for her desk. Poor guy

I give it 2 days before either he takes it home, has multiple pieces missing, or has something nicked in it's entirety (like the lander). Someone moved it to their own desk?! Speechless.
    catwranglerstluxsnowhitie
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,237
    emilewski said:
    Now out of stock at [email protected] and looks like it is no longer available for purchase. Gone on TRU, Target and Walmart websites as well.

I have one that I ordered from [email protected] at 11:14 EST on June 1st. It is back-ordered and I hope they ship it eventually and not cancel it.
    It's still possible to order on [email protected] EU (backorder - ship by July 11), with limit 5. Personally I'm not panicking yet and just put it down to poor stock management. Similar thing happened with the Disney Castle last year.

And with TRU/Target/Walmart/JL/... also carrying this set (even if they have run out for the moment), I have a hard time imagining this was a "1 wave only and it's gone forever" thing.

Or maybe I'm being too optimistic. Time will tell :)
    MaffyDbandit778pharmjod
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,611

^ I'm with you @stlux - especially as I've got no choice in the matter!

bandit778stluxpharmjodcatwrangler
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,091
    Hope it's still around for the free tote!
  • MerrickMerrick United StatesMember Posts: 1
    I spoke to a manager at my local Lego Store last night.  She said that the store sold 180+ in the first 24 hours, the store received a small shipment of 10 yesterday which were gone in the first hour the store was open and that there is a factory backlog of 18,000 units...

Something tells me that TLG underestimated the demand for this set quite significantly.

Kind of a nice problem to have!
    There is a simple solution - make more product.  Just be patient.
    pharmjodstlux
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    Yeah. No way this one goes early
    SumoLegomadforLEGOstlux
    edited June 2017
    pharmjod said:
    In six years we'll be wondering when it will 'finally' retire...

(It's the Pet Shop of Ideas sets!)
    pharmjodgmonkey76TXLegoguystluxdougtsRainstorm26
  • DarciDarci USAMember Posts: 14
    Darci said:
    Arrived today.  Very happy!!!
    In its temporary home. The SV is huge!

stluxLegopantssid3windrJohnyk668SithLord196snowhitieMynattcatwranglerGothamConstructionCo
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 317
    @TheFew what happened to that Ferrari 
    MaffyD
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,016
    SumoLego said:
    pharmjod said:
    In six years we'll be wondering when it will 'finally' retire...

(It's the Pet Shop of Ideas sets!)
    It's OK, it will be replaced by Apollo 13 in 2020, 50th anniversary of the mission and 25th anniversary of the movie.
    TXLegoguystluxHeliumbunnysklambcatwranglerSumoLegoGalactusprevere
    mh3490 said:
    @TheFew what happened to that Ferrari 
    The wife is building it and has not gotten around to finishing it! Although it does look like it has been robbed for parts by some Mad-Max style road trash!
    stluxstevecook132MaffyDBoomstickcatwranglergmonkey76