Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Forum not recognising threads as read

VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,150
For approximately 24 hours now, none of the threads I've looked at are updating as been read. When I click Participated Discussions I still see the same number of discussions with posts yet to be viewed, I'm having to click Mark All Viewed. Current browser is Vivaldi version 1.9.818.44

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    I've sent you a PM, hopefully the issue is now resolved.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,547
    edited May 2017
    @Matthew I have the same problem, on the main page everything is fine but when I go to 'participated' everything says 'new' with no numbers unlike the main page where most are read and some say 5 new and so on. Its the same on my laptop and phone? I have just not been using 'participated' for the last couple of days.
    VorpalRyu
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,150
    Completely forgot to mention about all the threads suddenly displaying 'new,' thanks @SMC for the memory jog.
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 229
    SAME THING FOR ME! All the threads on the main page will display 'new' but Participated discussions shows nothing. 
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,310
    Same problem for 2 or 3 days here, too yup. Going nuts, tried clearing cookies but no help.
  • MrShinyAndNewMrShinyAndNew Member Posts: 237
    It's happening for me too, and not only that, but all my cheese slopes just split in half. Well, okay, not the last part.
    sid3windr
    My bricksetforum workflow is throughly disturbed without a working "Participated" ;/
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited May 2017
    I have the same issue, but I don't typically look at the "Participated" page so it's not a big deal for me.

However, I have the opposite problem with the "[US] [email protected] Deals" thread where it isn't showing that there are new posts when there actually are (this one is probably caused by several posts in the thread being deleted, per @Huw ).
    @Matthew, are there any ideas on why the Participated Discussions is affected like this?
    @Huw this still seems to be a problem any ideas?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,333
    I've finally got round to contacting Vanilla support about this. I'll LYK what they say.
    VorpalRyuSMC
    ^ Thanks
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,333
    edited May 2017
    "Just letting you know that there is a fix for his specific issue already being worked on, and we expect to have it out soon.  "

VorpalRyuSMCsid3windrsnowhitie
    Looks like this might have been fixed.
    Seems to be working here too, thank you @Huw.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,423

Is there a way to mark individual threads as 'read'? I'm rather tired of marking all as read when there's some I might return to...

... read them? :D
    MaffyDLostInTranslation

And here I was hoping for a helpful reply! I should've known better from you @sid3windr! :-P

sid3windr
    Technically correct though - I'm not sure what you're looking for, a button or so? Because effectively when you click on the thread it gets marked as read... even if you didn't actually read it.

I want the thread to be permanently marked read - each time there's a new post it comes back up again and I don't want it to. I should've been a bit more informative in my request. I know I can mute categories, and you can dismiss announcements, but individual threads keep on coming up...

I was only joking in my previous response by the way, in case you thought I was not... :-)

sid3windr
    No worries, I caught that. I did not realise the permanently marked ones... so you actually want "ignore thread" functionality :-)
    MaffyD
    Yeah - but considering we appear to be the only people in this conversation, I don't think it's possible. Oh well!