Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Panama Canal Set #2000451 $50 off

Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
No idea this was a thing but there goes $200 I had no plans on spending today. 

The Panama Canal set #2000451 is available online at https://www.panamastem.com/shop/2000451/set-del-canal-de-panama/

Use code CMSY6UJXWT for $50 off. 

Free shipping to the U.S. and no tax. 

Code expires April 30th. 

For those who don't know, this is an official set (not a "Certified Professional") made to celebrate the widening of the Panama Canal. Available exclusively in Panama 

madforLEGOthedingman5prevereSumoLego

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,328
    Neat, and would love to get it, but would rather buy a Classic Bat cave with that kind of money.
    prevere
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Agreed. If there was an exclusive fig, or some rare decorated parts (maybe there is, but I can't tell), then maybe I'd be interested.
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Anyone thinking of proceeding, check total before checking out. The code given appears to work reducing the cost by $50 but when you proceed to next page to pay the discount vanished. Could not figure out how to proceed and maintain to discount, so I left it. 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,874
    That's pretty cool.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693

Daragh said:

Anyone thinking of proceeding, check total before checking out. The code given appears to work reducing the cost by $50 but when you proceed to next page to pay the discount vanished. Could not figure out how to proceed and maintain to discount, so I left it. 

Odd. Didn't happen to me. When I received my invoice the total was $249.95 but my CC was only charged $199.95. 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Eek! 21 cents a piece at the regular price. That's pretty steep.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    edited April 2017
    Do the instructions exist online?

And any idea how many of this "limited" set were produced?
    BrickByBrick
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 981
    ^not sure about instructions but production quantity was limited to 40K units.  There IS a fairly comprehensive review out there with plenty of pics but damned if I can find it at present.  The micro scale ships are brilliant!
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,465
    Ohh instructions and a part list would be ace..
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,846
    If someone wants to buy one of these and consider swapping for something higher-priced - please drop me a PM.

Thanks!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439

^not sure about instructions but production quantity was limited to 40K units.  There IS a fairly comprehensive review out there with plenty of pics but damned if I can find it at present.  The micro scale ships are brilliant!

40k seems like a lot, no?

It's a cool set to have. Definitely one that most AFOLs you may know may not have.
    But I'm not biting.
    SumoLego
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 384
    edited August 2017

Spent an hour at a lock at the weekend, explaining how it works to a 4 and 8 year old.  Then re-discover this from the main page today - has anyone seen the instructions online for this so I can put it together?

Link to main page: https://brickset.com/article/29666/panama-canal-educational-set-now-available-worldwide

77ncaachamps
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,092
    Hmmmmm.... 2 year old (2016) set, and only 40,000 sets available for sale... and yet I got an Email today for 20% off ($199.95)... from the set originators... Panama STEM....

https://www.panamastem.com/store/products/lego-education-panama-canal-2000451/PDDB8YQX8G/?lang=en&ref=4812
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,465
    Don't do it.. A terribly boring build. Each canal segment is essentially the same. Yawn..
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,424
    Does it ship all the way from Panama?