Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Panama Canal Set #2000451 $50 off

Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
No idea this was a thing but there goes $200 I had no plans on spending today. 

The Panama Canal set #2000451 is available online at https://www.panamastem.com/shop/2000451/set-del-canal-de-panama/

Use code CMSY6UJXWT for $50 off. 

Free shipping to the U.S. and no tax. 

Code expires April 30th. 

For those who don't know, this is an official set (not a "Certified Professional") made to celebrate the widening of the Panama Canal. Available exclusively in Panama 

madforLEGOthedingman5prevereSumoLego

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,511
    Neat, and would love to get it, but would rather buy a Classic Bat cave with that kind of money.
    prevere
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,883
    Agreed. If there was an exclusive fig, or some rare decorated parts (maybe there is, but I can't tell), then maybe I'd be interested.
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Anyone thinking of proceeding, check total before checking out. The code given appears to work reducing the cost by $50 but when you proceed to next page to pay the discount vanished. Could not figure out how to proceed and maintain to discount, so I left it. 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,887
    That's pretty cool.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693

Daragh said:

Anyone thinking of proceeding, check total before checking out. The code given appears to work reducing the cost by $50 but when you proceed to next page to pay the discount vanished. Could not figure out how to proceed and maintain to discount, so I left it. 

Odd. Didn't happen to me. When I received my invoice the total was $249.95 but my CC was only charged $199.95. 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Eek! 21 cents a piece at the regular price. That's pretty steep.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    edited April 2017
    Do the instructions exist online?

And any idea how many of this "limited" set were produced?
    BrickByBrick
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    ^not sure about instructions but production quantity was limited to 40K units.  There IS a fairly comprehensive review out there with plenty of pics but damned if I can find it at present.  The micro scale ships are brilliant!
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,506
    Ohh instructions and a part list would be ace..
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,418
    If someone wants to buy one of these and consider swapping for something higher-priced - please drop me a PM.

Thanks!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440

^not sure about instructions but production quantity was limited to 40K units.  There IS a fairly comprehensive review out there with plenty of pics but damned if I can find it at present.  The micro scale ships are brilliant!

40k seems like a lot, no?

It's a cool set to have. Definitely one that most AFOLs you may know may not have.
    But I'm not biting.
    SumoLego
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 401
    edited August 2017

Spent an hour at a lock at the weekend, explaining how it works to a 4 and 8 year old.  Then re-discover this from the main page today - has anyone seen the instructions online for this so I can put it together?

Link to main page: https://brickset.com/article/29666/panama-canal-educational-set-now-available-worldwide

77ncaachamps
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    Hmmmmm.... 2 year old (2016) set, and only 40,000 sets available for sale... and yet I got an Email today for 20% off ($199.95)... from the set originators... Panama STEM....

https://www.panamastem.com/store/products/lego-education-panama-canal-2000451/PDDB8YQX8G/?lang=en&ref=4812
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,506
    Don't do it.. A terribly boring build. Each canal segment is essentially the same. Yawn..
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,707
    Does it ship all the way from Panama?