Brickset Bonus Ball Draw

bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
Hi All,

Guess who's back? Back again, Badgers back, tell a friend (well, feel no real compulsion to do so)

Thanks to all for hosting the draws whilst I was away and keeping up the generous nature of the Brickset community.  
So my turn to host once again and this week the prize is a #30449 The Milano up for grabs.

So without further ado as I am sure we all know the drill by now surely?  (Any newcomers please put up your hands. No? then I shall proceed)

I am due to go on holiday to the States again soon, so holidays are in the forefront of my mind.  So the question of the week is based around this.

"What is the most beautiful thing you have seen on your travels?" ( @Legoboy if you say @Pitfall69 then I am going to be excluding you!)

My answer would be unsurprising -badgers on a balmy summer evenings sunset in Devon - Secluded spot and sat for around 3 hours just watching them play from a distance. 

Good luck all and thanks again for people continuing the tradition of the bonus ball and @snowhitie for keeping it organised - Let the posting commence

stluxsnowhitieBumblepantsLegoboycatwranglerLobotmmozzanoricecakeGothamConstructionCoSprinkleOtterMAGNINOMINISUMBRALego_Stariso3200TheBigLegoskiShib

Comments

• masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 473
    Valley of Fire in the USA (mostly one of those well-hidden little arches there)
  • BoomDiggityBoomDiggity Member Posts: 107
    Sistine Chapel for sure.
    SeijiAmasawa
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 353
    Sunsets from around the world. And my husband wherever we are together. 
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,853
    The Grand Canyon for sure. Curious to see if you'll agree after your travels ;) enjoy!
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,474
    It is a tie between Everest, Kilimanjaro or the gardens of the Palace of Versille.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 708
    Hmm...I haven't travelled much.  When I was a child, we visited somewhere in Canada (honestly couldn't tell you where, sadly, it was probably over 25 years ago and I was much too young to remember dates and locations), but I do remember standing up on some form of higher elevation and overlooking whatever town/city I was in.  More recently, it would have to be the state of Virginia.  Like I said, I don't travel much, but my wife and I were down in VA for two weeks and we loved sightseeing and just breaking away from our normal routine.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    edited April 2017
    Nice to see you back @bendybadger
    The most visually stunning place I have been to is Banff in Canada. 
    Everywhere you looked was like a Christmas post card.

TyresOFlahertyGothamConstructionCosnowhitieTheBigLegoskidspigel
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,829
    Hard to pick one thing but Machu Picchu was incredible.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    The airport as I flew into Billund. :D
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,195
    Difficult question this week! Observing the Japanese red-crowned cranes on Hokkaido definitely ranks high! Such beautiful birds.

Watching the fireworks while standing on the frozen Lake Akan was also a beautiful experience.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    Definitely my time up Kilimamjaro. Sunrise above the clouds is something different.
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,307
    Niagara Falls is fab, but I think the Matterhorn is my absolute favourite.

https://flic.kr/p/6kWYVr 
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 214
    Mt. Fuji as the plane flew past.

Happy travels!
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 274
    edited April 2017
    The Taj, the rooftops of Jodphur, the night sky over the Rajastani desert. I have been other places but I'd go back here every year if I could. 
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,216
    Miyajima has to be up there for me

stluxricecakeGothamConstructionCosnowhitiebandit778SumoLegodspigel
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    The Grand Canyon, and Monument Valley. I really like the old west, and wish LEGO would do more western sets.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 343
    Sunset after a rainstorm at Niagara Falls. 
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 531
    I grew up near Yellowstone Park in the US, I always loved the hot pots. I also loved Hell's Half Acre in Wyoming, which is where some scenes from Starship Troopers was filmed. Hard to tell from pics, but Hell's Half Acre is absolutely beautiful at sunset. Too bad you have to be in the middle of nowhere to see it.

I've been tons of other places, but those places stand out to me.
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,048
    Fairy penguin playing on a Wellington shorefront at two in the morning.

Want to add Dharamsala cricket ground as the sun sets, reflecting on the Himalayas but it may have to wait a while until I make it there.
    ricecake
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,835
    The Grand Canyon via Helicopter was one of the best sights i've seen...we got married in the Valley of Fire when it was snowing! The dampness of the snow stopped the rocks from looking like they are glowing unfortunately (Dec 2008), so we missed the proper look of the place.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Puffins in Alaska - but really any part of Alaska.  Yosemite is right up there as well!
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    The Mayan ruins in Belize were absolutely stunning. 
    TheBigLegoski
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 282
    Watching the tides come and go at Mont Saint-Michel 
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    edited April 2017
    oh there can be only one best, but there are many noteworthy moments.

best above all was seeing my soon to be wife walk up the aisle to join me. (after a decade together I am proud to say that given the chance I would do it all again, as many times as I could)

notables:
    a Lunar Eclipse around 13 years ago coupled with a meteor shower on a country night. just laid there watching it for hours (helped to have some lovely company) 

traveling across Michigan's northern Peninsula during a blizzard I got to see the awe inspiring sight of a steam train blasting through the snow, the headlight cutting through in stark contrast to the dark snow filled night.

a clutch of leatherback sea-turtles hatching on a beach in Florida one a moon light night, the nest was missed by authorities so it was un protected until me and a few friends decided to become barriers till we could flag an officer down.

snowhitie
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 108
    I'd say Kitch-iti-kipi, a spring in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The clearest, coldest, most beautiful water. 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702

"What is the most beautiful thing you have seen on your travels?" ( @Legoboy if you say @Pitfall69 then I am going to be excluding you!)

My wife (and @somebodyelses69 's) getting all wet in the storm.

cmrt1014
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 340
    My wife and I went to Venice a few years back and were taken aback by the statue of David. Yes, I'd seen it a million times before in print, etc, but to stand before it, it was nothing short of breathtaking.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRATheBigLegoski
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,789
    I was flying to England at sunset once, and the airscape was indescribably beautiful and otherworldly. I wish I'd had my camera in reach, but I'm not sure that photos would've done it justice...
    TheBigLegoski
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 986
    Obviously my new born children... But as far as 'in my travels';
    probably a three war tie between,
    1. Hitching a ride with Whale Sharks on Ningaloo Reef off Western Australia.
    2. Bioluminescent coral spawning while night diving off the outer Great Barrier Reef (even though you do smell pretty funky afterwards).
    3. Watching 5m Tiger Sharks feed while cage less diving in Beqa Lagoon off Fiji. This was the closest thing in my life to what people describe as a religious experience.

Natures a pretty frickin awesome thing!  

Welcome back Bendy - and safe travels...
    snowhitiebandit778TheBigLegoski
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306
    Well, there was this from Rome airport:

catwranglersnowhitie
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 551
    The Northern Lights over the Boundary Waters in Minnesota/Canada
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAbandit778
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    Hmmmm probably some of the beaches early in the morning, undisturbed sand and calm water!
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 708
    Victoria Falls..Zimbabwe side
  • blade_guyblade_guy Member Posts: 193
    Got to be my best chum in the world - Max. That's him above, me below.
    catwranglerricecakebandit778Legoboy
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 708
    And any time I've seen the Northern Lights...gets me everytime...
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 238
    Great question, hard to pick just one, but the view from Kesugi Ridge in Denali State Park (the best view of Denali...).
  • mampepinmampepin CanadaMember Posts: 63
    Amsterdam as seen from the plane!
    TheBigLegoski
  • jon11380jon11380 25 minutes from the LEGO Shop MKMember Posts: 56
    Villefranche in southern France, very pretty
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    Redwood forest in California.
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 882
    Clear starlit night over the highlands
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,952
    Undoubtedly this view for me. I wasn't even on holiday as such, I'd been sent there for a couple of weeks of penetration testing and this was a view I just had to take a photo of during my weekend of wandering.

catwranglersnowhitiebandit778cmrt1014TheBigLegoskidspigel
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    Macchu Pichuu was stunning 
  • tcctcc Washington, DCMember Posts: 69
    British Virgin Islands.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    The blue glaciers in Alaska
    cmrt1014
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 942

The Milky Way when I was in Egypt.

We travelled out to the desert and it was just beautiful (and very dark!)

GothamConstructionCobandit778TheBigLegoski
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413

snowhitie said:

The Grand Canyon for sure. Curious to see if you'll agree after your travels ;) enjoy!

Same here, sunset in the Grand Canyon 
    gmonkey76
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I really liked this view in St. Thomas.

snowhitieTheBigLegoskidspigel
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,147
    An 8 cylinder internal combustion engine producing 10,000 horsepower and hitting 300+ mph in 1000 ft/a quarter mile.

I haven't really traveled much, and truth be told this is the local drag racing track I'm referring to, but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I look forward the event every year.
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 431
    The first time I flew to Wake Island.
    snowhitiebandit778TheBigLegoskigmonkey76ricecake