Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Building Independence Hall- Give Me Your Color Suggestions!

samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,239
Hi All,

I'm undertaking a building project to construct Independence Hall. I've got just about everything sorted out except for what color to use, so I was hoping I could get your input!

Obviously, the white/black/grey parts of the building are easy to figure out. What about the rest, what's your opinion? Reddish brown? Brown? Red? Sand green?

Let me know your thoughts! Your input would mean a lot, I can't seem to decide on what to pick.

Samuel

Image result for independence hall

Image result for independence hall

Comments

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,847
    I'm seeing sand red and sand green in your future. Maybe even dark red too. 
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,239

pharmjod said:

Are you also seeing me winning the lottery in the future to pay for all of those pieces?
    pharmjodbobabricksMynatt
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 546
    Dark orange (if you win the lottery)
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,708
    Make it black.
    Image result for lego batman
    pharmjodgmonkey76BumblepantsbobabrickssnowhitieMynattricecakejosekalelkiki180703
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 501
    Why do I think you should put a haystack beside it and have a white dressed minifig w a hoodie jump off its top?
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 879
    Standard blue!
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    edited April 2017

samiam391 said:

pharmjod said:

Are you also seeing me winning the lottery in the future to pay for all of those pieces?

Jang built an entire Hell out of sand red, you can do a building Sam!

This building is one of those weird colours for Lego, it's kind of in between dark red and reddish brown, but lighter. I think I would almost go dark orange like Town Hall, or maybe even medium dark flesh - I don't know what brick selection looks like in that colour though.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,779
    edited April 2017
    I'd go for dark orange too, but it's a difficult choice. Looks like a nice challenge! Good luck!
    bobabrickskiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,230
    maybe build it like fire brigade. combination of red and dark red tiles (mostly red I guess) and grey or white headlight bricks.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,239
    edited April 2017
    My mind was set on Dark Orange and then I saw the cost estimate...

Reddish brown it is!

Thanks for the input everyone. :)
    SirBen
  • SwisstonySwisstony Bucks,UKMember Posts: 28
    I don't blame you, given the scale of the build and the colour you wanted to do would have been a HUGE expense. Sometimes it just makes sense financially to tweak the colour even if it is not true to the original building or concept. We found when we were doing our Police station that the sand blue colour we wanted to use was a killer on cost and so have to limit where we could use it. Also because of the colour, whilst LDD let me use it , some of the bricks were either not available ( damn you LDD !! ) or were so expensive that some parts of our build would have been £30 for a small amount of the build. Just does not make sense. Looking forward to your build when you finish it