Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

BrickLink Store Owners....

JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
edited December 2011 in Marketplace
I've noticed a few people mentioning they run their own BrickLink Stores.
As a now avid BL'er from Australia I would like to go beyond the illustrious forum and put my $ where my keyboard is.
I realise, as many of you do (esp from Oz and NZ) how crutial the shipping cost can (and usually is). Actually, it can be a deal-breaker given [email protected] is around $30 so anything above that from BL - well... back to [email protected] if you get my drift.
So I am wondering for those OS that run BL stores what your postage is (I know it can be variant according to size etc) but a rough estimate would be very helpful and help promote your store (and sales).
I don't know about others down here on the islands but I mainly buy from BL and live on this forum so I know you know the real value and I would be happy to part with cash to a persons store that is also a Legonian as opposed to a profiter. I realise there are those on here but if it's in a Forum Thread they will be disposed of like the cruddy spam that they are haha (everyone loves ham around xmas but spam is another can of meat....)
So before I drift off into a thread too long to read....

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    "Legonian" - love it!
    I don't have a BL store, but agree it would be good to know who on here has one so we can keep Lego business within the Brickset family, as it were :)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    As I've done, you can post links on your profile. Just type in the big text box at the top of your activity, click post and it stays there until you delete/replace it.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Hey Jasen, well I charge what ever the post office charge me, which can be worked out from weight using this sheet:
    ftp://ftp.royalmail.com/Downloads/public/ctf/rm/RMLT19_International_Wall_Chart.pdf
    Of course the packaging adds to the weight above what the basket says. A small jiffy is only around 25g, a light box is about 50-100g and for larger sets it gets quite high as I use thicker boxes and packaging floats. The number of times I've been at the post office and 3-4g over weight and having to take a few inches of bubble wrap out is ridiculous!s
    Occasionally I use a courier as 2kg is the limit for small parcels (books can be sent up to 5kg)

The good thing about UK postage is there's only 1 price for Europe and another for Worldwide, so Oz doesn't cost any more than to the USA/Asia.

You're very welcome at my store of course. I'm always happy to help acquire current sets at a good price for bricksetters, otherwise discountinued sets are pretty much at the price I've listed.
    http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Savage_steel
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    @Matthew I can't find your link :/
    @Savage_Steele\ Thanks, checked it out and thanks for the Postage Cahrt thingo, very helpful.

Do any others have BL stores or are you all on holidays haha
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ Just click on my name...
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    Aaah crap @Matthew. Ok, just a quick show of hands - those who feel like idiots.... ok just one hand....
    I didn't see it the first time but knowing seconds after I added my comment my stomach sunk and with your post it has now been justified.
    The money I get from Xmas will no longer be spent on Lego as the padding from my room has now taken precidence :D
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Hello Jasen. I am from Pakistan and I have a store on Bricklink as well. I charge shipping as it is and inform my customers about any additional knick knacks (packaging and stuff) and the weight range starts from 500grams so shipping becomes quite decent. I have made some customers in Australia on basis of shipping being cheaper from Pakistan to Australia. Here is the link of my store:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=shoppingmaniac

I try to get the new stuff but sometimes it becomes a hassle sitting all the way over in here :) But its been working slow and steady. Give my store a visit and do drop me a note if you need something not available in stock with me, I might surprise you :)